Well done Newcastle United

LiquidAK

2 years ago we were in the Championship, now we're the 5th best team in the country finishing ahead of Chelsea and miles ahead of Liverpool.  Unbelievable, f***ing quality.

Can't wait for next season.  We're in Europe.  :indi:

Great season and well done to the team who did better than anyone could have expected. CL football would have been nice but was just a step too far though hopefully with squad improvements over the summer and keeping our main players we can kick on next season.

we're 5th!

http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac174/splendidsuiken/Tumblr%20GIFS/Rejoice.gif

This was pretty much me today when I phoned my mate after the game.

"We're 5th, 5th, 5th!"

Fabulous fabulous season :love:

Just loving everything right now. Haven't had so much fun in years. :elvis:

Really proud of the club tonight, it's been a tough few years for us both on and off the pitch but everything has come together in a great season.

It's truly a case of: Everything went better than expected  :cool: 

Some really terrific results, great bunch of players (and good guys it seems) harmony around the club and a surprisingly good manager (who seems to understand the club and has managed the expectations tremendously)

Incredible

I look like this  :yao:

Utterly magical season. The last three years have been unbelievable, the club is on the up again and it feels great to have a team that plays with great spirit and pride. Bring on Europe!

I've always used the clubs colours as a bit of a metaphor for the clubs roller coaster traits. Ultimate low to high and, sadly, back. That's how this club seems to flow, so even in the ultimate low of relegation I knew from this mental clubs standards that we'd somehow make Europe again. From a team of w****** who could give a f*** we somehow built a team that any Newcastle supporter could be proud of. That complete conversion both on and off the pitch is the biggest achievement imo, and this season and the European football that goes with it is just fully deserved.

Now, back to that metaphor, I hope we don't follow the "black and white striped" tradition and head to another low after such a lofty achievement. That would be my wish for not only next season but for the succeeding seasons. If we manage to accomplish this task of breaking the trend of downfalls, then it is without question that we could call ourselves a truly great club again.

Cheers to nufc I and hope for a better next season.

Great season, lots of positives. Everyone can be very proud.

Sorry to harp on, but I think overall our results against the top sides show that it will take a lot of work to replicate this season, without even considering cracking the top 4. We were generally very effective in dispatching the mid table and lower half sides and it will be tough to maintain such consistency next year.

Cup performances were poor again, I'd love to see us go on a decent cup run next season.

I thought we were a bit unlucky in the League Cup. The Krul penalty was a howler of a decision.

Guest pintofscottsellers

Back where we belong among the elite of English football, fantastic season, lets hope the owners see the potential this club has and kick on next season, howay the lads!

Guest WashyGeordie

Just like everyone else has said, quality season, loved every minute of it, albeit the obvious 5-0/big drubbings, but love it, love it! :)

Tell me ma, me ma!

Need to invest intelligently so we dont slip down back into that mid-table. We have a good core, and some other good players and we might be able to come 5th next year again.

After the match yesterday the missus described the season as roller-coaster, but i didn't think it was appropriate - the highs massively outweigh the few lows. Sure, Spurs, Fulham and Brighton felt shit, but for each one there's 10 memorable 'Get the fck in' moments. Outstanding season all round.

If i had to pick a metaphor, its not roller coaster - for me it felt a bit like a magic carpet ride, but one that feels unreal, totally unexpected. Its as if we've hijacked someone else's magic carpet cos they couldn't make it go in the right direction, or they lost the keys, or they just couldn't operate the pedals. They were so utterly inept we simply took it off them and made it work first time.

NUFC 2011-12. A Hijacked Magic Carpet Ride.

Some wonderful moments, a fantastic collection of goals, bodies on the line, spirited performances. At times couldn't have been more proud.

Wheels came off in a couple of games and that definitely needs to be addressed, but overall it's all positive.

Huge credit to management and players. Pards has been the catalyst, but it feels like everyone at the club is pulling together which is just great.

With Europe on the agenda it'll be an achievement to finish as high next season, but there's everything to look forward to.