Paul Lambert appointed manager of Aston Villa

AlanSkÃrare

Villa 11/12

Played 38  Won 7 Drew 17 Lost 14 For 37 Against 53

Newcastle 08/09

Played 38  Won 7 Drew 13 Lost 18 For 40 Against 59

To say it was a close run affair is putting it mildly.

If we'd gone into yesterday needing something, we'd have gone down, without a doubt.

Villa 11/12

Played 38  Won 7 Drew 17 Lost 14 For 37 Against 53 Points 38

Newcastle 08/09

Played 38  Won 7 Drew 13 Lost 18 For 40 Against 59 Points 34

Christ, you forget how bad our season was. 34 points really is fucking terrible, for some reason I had a memory of it being a high relegation total.

Stan Collymore ‏ @StanCollymore

2 current Premier League managers & 2 out of work managers are being considered on #AVFC short list. #talksport

if I had to guess the names

Lambert Moyes Curbishley and Bruce

Guest Tyson

Managers live & die by their recent run of results. But sympathy cards should be sent out to  the managers shortlisted as successors. The Lerners' record, as crossover owners of sport clubs, is pathetic.

2 current Premier League managers & 2 out of work managers are being considered on #AVFC short list. #talksport

Moyes has said no twice already.

I don't think they'd go near Bruce.

Lambert, Martinez, some other fucker, some other fucker.

Benitez was interviewed last summer, but Lerner cut the meeting short when Benitez started telling how much transfer money he wanted.

who will they hoof it to next season?

Shows how closely you've been watching.

Heskey has largely been in midfield this season.

Honestly, really.

yeah I didn't watch Villa at all, the paint drying was more entertaining than the dross Mcleish threw up. Hell Houilier didn't do well but at least he tried to play a little bit of football

brummie you realise that you're probably just going to pick another fraud straight off the merry-go-round?

Yeah, but then again, how did you lot feel when you picked up Pardew and look how that panned out.

My money would be on Lambert.

7 wins and stay up? shows you how awful the bottom 3 and QPR were :lol:

Bloke on SS News from Villa fan club says they still expect top 6 or 7  :papiss:

That's where we expect to be challenging, as should every club like us, you, Everton.

We finished with fewer points than he finished with Blues last season, amazingly.

Yh that's true but currently you cant expect that surely? mind you i didnt expect that before this season so i suppose you have a point....

Honestly, really.

yeah I didn't watch Villa at all, the paint drying was more entertaining than the dross Mcleish threw up. Hell Houilier didn't do well but at least he tried to play a little bit of football

That's the difference, entirely.

Incidentally, McLeish also got a pretty easy ride off the fans. It was only the last seven or eight games when we heard any chants about him.

7 wins and stay up? shows you how awful the bottom 3 and QPR were :lol:

Bloke on SS News from Villa fan club says they still expect top 6 or 7  :papiss:

That's where we expect to be challenging, as should every club like us, you, Everton.

We finished with fewer points than he finished with Blues last season, amazingly.

Yh that's true but currently you cant expect that surely? mind you i didnt expect that before this season so i suppose you have a point....

We did manage it three times in a row till the season before last. His point is that we should be challenging around there, at least. The football this season was so spineless and gutless, it was never going to happen.

At Norwich on Sunday, our fans were singing "should have gone down, should have gone down, we're fucking lucky, should have gone down", FFS.

You can't expect anything, but what we got was abysmal.

It's also Lerner's fault for making such a shite appointment.

Moyes has said no twice already.

I don't think they'd go near Bruce.

Lambert, Martinez, some other fucker, some other fucker.

Benitez was interviewed last summer, but Lerner cut the meeting short when Benitez started telling how much transfer money he wanted.

Doubt you'd go for Martinez again in the manner he turned you down and since if you don't think they'd go near Bruce, they went for McLeish nothing is impossible

Honestly, really.

That's the difference, entirely.

Incidentally, McLeish also got a pretty easy ride off the fans. It was only the last seven or eight games when we heard any chants about him.

How did Chris Herd end up Brummie? Can you see him featuring next season now McLeish is gone?

How did Chris Herd end up Brummie? Can you see him featuring next season now McLeish is gone?

Easily the best of the kids this season, he's definitely got a future.

So long as he doesn't get filmed outside Gatecrasher on Broad Street trying to kick fuck out of the glass doors again.