Manager reshuffle continues

womblemaster

Guest Roger Kint

Got a feeling this will end badly for WBA. Possibly for Swansea too if the get Martinez's number 2 as well.

Got a feeling this will end badly for WBA. Possibly for Swansea too if the get Martinez's number 2 as well.

This, I can see both West Brom and Swansea going down next season, I hate to say it but I can also see Norwich going down.

It's risky as it's his first manager's job. But it could be a master-stroke.

Anyone know more about SC to make an well educated judgement? 

Only things I know are that he's always been very highly regarded, but so have loads of others in this situation who have fallen by the wayside.

Guest Roger Kint

It's risky as it's his first manager's job. But it could be a master-stroke.

Anyone know more about SC to make an well educated judgement? 

Only things I know are that he's always been very highly regarded, but so have loads of others in this situation who have fallen by the wayside.

Wasnt there a few Wesh Ham players mouthing off to the papers about him being rubbish when he was there with Zola? Seem to remember somebody had a few bad words for him at some point.

Guest Roger Kint

This, I can see both West Brom and Swansea going down next season, I hate to say it but I can also see Norwich going down.

Think the Grant Holt situation could define their season, if he stays and isnt 100% committed or if they replace with a failure then i agree. Hopefully Hughton gets a decent amount to spend and keeps them up.

Very surprising. Surely can't have been their first choice? Even then, unless they know something we don't, you'd have to assume there are better managers around who'd take a job at a solid, mid-table Premiership team.

Guest MrSundlofer

When Roy Hodgson left West Brom some of the players wanted Keith Downing to replace him. Highly regarded amongst the players. Surprised he wasn't appointed.

West Brom have ballsed this one up, in my opinion. The other names linked - Ranieri, Hughton, Rangnick - would've been fine appointments, but not Clarke.

An uninspiring manager at an uninspiring club.

Talking of bad infront of the camera...wonder if wolves will keep faith in that poor sucker they promoted to fill the lead boots of MMc.  HE did the best `scared rabbit in the headlights` interviews on motd.

Probably give him 6th months and then sack him, cos hes not in the promotion slots...

Talking of bad infront of the camera...wonder if wolves will keep faith in that poor sucker they promoted to fill the lead boots of MMc.  HE did the best `scared rabbit in the headlights` interviews on motd.

Probably give him 6th months and then sack him, cos hes not in the promotion slots...

Correct me if I'm wrong but are you referring to Connor, not Solbakken?

Guest MrSundlofer

Jones is staying at Wigan, I think. Perhaps Poyet to Swansea?

Just signed a new contract at Swindon I think

Paolo Di Canio.

Our chairman Huw has a record of pulling surprises from his hat, two of the last 3 managers in line for the Liverpool job shows he has a nose for a decent manager.

The only bad manager he has picked since he became chairman was the first, when in a moment of panic he selected the first team captain, one of a handful of players we had left. He arranged trial games to tempt players and signed half a dozen lemon's. After 4 months with us firmly rooted to the bottom of the 4th tier, Huw sprung into action and appointed the first of 5 managers that took us up to where we are now.

Brian Flynn, Kenny Jackett, Roberto Martinez, Paulo Souza and Brendan Rodgers, all played their part to get us where we are.

Jones was No2 here with Martinez, so Huw obviously saw something in him and has not been rebuffed by constant rejections, he was offered the job when Martinez left but he chose to follow Martinez, he was reportedly offered the job when Sousa left as well.

Laudrup appears the favourite now in any case just wish it was all over though, so we can start the pre-season.