Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Given the fact I believe we operate on a 'if he's worth it sign him basis' as opposed to a 'this is our budget we can only spend this much money' basis I'm quite happy to add another player of quality to the squad.

While central midfield isn't a priority we're still well short in that position. Tiote travels to the ACON in January and the back up is comprised of Gosling and several untested youngsters. From what I've seen of the lad (and admittedly it isn't a huge amount) he's a cracking footballer who posses a lot of ability on the ball. Against the less dangerous sides we could probably drop Tiote to the bench.

As for those worrying about upsetting squad memebers, who cares? Competition is the sign of a healthy squad, you can never ever have too many quality players. Do you think Chelsea worried about unsettling Lampard, Essien or Ramires wen they signed Oscar? It stops players from becoming complacent and even more so allows us to compete on more than one front which is surely the aim this season?

Not necessarily. Who plays up front if Ba and Cisse go instead?

http://www.fcgirondins.fr/media/galeria/137/6/5/7/1/n_girondins_de_bordeaux_gabriel_obertan-811756.jpg

Good news, despite my concerns we obviously want/need him. I just hope it doesn't restrict spending on other positions.

Wonder if the injuries to Cabaye and/or Tiote have sped this up.