Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Agreed, from what those who have seen him have said he's worth half that fee as a defender. If we have a massive injury crisis in defence he may be used there but I reckon 90% of his games will be midfield.

Bit like Essien's role at Chelsea down the years.

Will also help our less talented defenders out as they will always have an easy alternative than hoofing.

Never thought about that but it's 100% true, he seems always available for a pass and in space so that should be easier for the likes of Williamson to pass instead of hoof.

The games we took hidings in last season we often got taken apart on the counter attack too so another option sitting back (with a bit of pace?) could stop that happening.

I honestly think this is the main reason we want him, having someone who can control the pace of the game be it slow it down if we are under pressure or quicken the pace will prevent counter attack after counter attack and really stop the likes of Fulham, Wigan, Spurs etc etc happening again.

We will lose games for sure but with Anita in midfield accompanied by Tiote and Cabaye i really can't seeing us being ripped apart at least on the counter attack anyway.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/08/14/vurnon-anita-wants-talks-with-alan-pardew-before-signing-72703-31617512/

It is thought that Anita wants assurances over exactly what type of role he will have with the Magpies.

His father continued: “Does he want Vurnon for right-back get?

“Or for left-back? Or in midfield? These are important questions for Vurnon in making his choice. On these questions he has no answer. “

Aye, looks that way. Maybe.

I'm pretty sure Anita is right footed. Not sure if that would change anybodies opinion about him being used at left back?

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/webimage/1.4485556.1335430014!image/1813738728.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_595/1813738728.jpg

In any case i only see him used at fullback if we have injuries, primarily used as a midfielder.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/08/14/vurnon-anita-wants-talks-with-alan-pardew-before-signing-72703-31617512/

It is thought that Anita wants assurances over exactly what type of role he will have with the Magpies.

“Or for left-back? Or in midfield? These are important questions for Vurnon in making his choice. On these questions he has no answer. “

harsh him calling pardew a 'get' though.

harsh him calling pardew a 'get' though.

Nah he means Simpson, right back get that he is.

How dare his father be involved in his son's future

especially when he seems more concerned about the football than the millions. the t*** eh ?

Exactly :lol: the lack of transfer activity has made some people on here go completely nuts and jump to conclusions.

Guest ToonRenegade

So is Anita in/ On his way to Newcastle yet? I worry that we just chucked in a bid to appease the fans with no intention of it being accepted and now that is has we are backing off.

So is Anita in/ On his way to Newcastle yet? I worry that we just chucked in a bid to appease the fans with no intention of it being accepted and now that is has we are backing off.

When have Ashley/Llambias been worried about appeasing the fans  :lol:

I think its a genuine offer tbf.

:lol: