Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Typical excellent performance tonight. Will be back on the bench at the weekend.

Sissoko should be dropped for him, but then you wonder what Pardew expects from him. Chasing a goal, he's got Sissoko labouring about on the right-wing. Meanwhile Ben Arfa is in the middle of the pitch jinking into trouble, whilst his three markers throw him around like a ball in pinball machine.

What a garbage, garbage excuse for a manager we have.

:thup:

I think he's been our consistently best player this season,  yet our buffoon of a manager cannot fit him in if everyone fit.

riduculous he was dropped after the Hull game, he was the only one to come out of it with any real credit..

Pardew intimidated by the Gallic Mafia in the changing room?....who's idea was all these damned Frenchies?...

I think the way Tiote has played since he got the armband means he should retain his place, but it should be Cabaye and Anita completing the three. There's too much creativity in that midfield for Pards though. Imagine having two midfielders on the pitch who could compete a pass? They might end up doing a 1-2 or some other form of witchcraft.

Plus I don't think Pardew sees Anita having the same square-peg-round-hole qualities as Sissoko so he can revert to 442 after ten minutes when his week long planning is undone by an early set back. If anything though, Anita is probably more suited to playing wide if need be.

Pardew needs to open his eyes and see what everyone else does, or grow some balls, or both.

I think the way Tiote has played since he got the armband means he should retain his place, but it should be Cabaye and Anita completing the three. There's too much creativity in that midfield for Pards though. Imagine having two midfielders on the pitch who could compete a pass? They might end up doing a 1-2 or some other form of witchcraft.

Plus I don't think Pardew sees Anita having the same square-peg-round-hole qualities as Sissoko so he can revert to 442 after ten minutes when his week long planning is undone by an early set back. If anything though, Anita is probably more suited to playing wide if need be.

Pardew needs to open his eyes and see what everyone else does, or grow some balls, or both.

This post is hilarious and depressing in equal measure :lol:

I wouldn't say Anita is creative. But he keeps the game ticking nicely with quick, short, midrange passing. Gets us moving up the pitch. Cabaye has a bit of the Gerrard about him with the final balls, hollywood balls, shooting etc. Anita's probably more useful with the ball withni our half and the centre circle

I wouldn't say Anita is creative. But he keeps the game ticking nicely with quick, short, midrange passing. Gets us moving up the pitch. Cabaye has a bit of the Gerrard about him with the final balls, hollywood balls, shooting etc. Anita's probably more useful with the ball withni our half and the centre circle

Takes a more dangerous set penis than Cabaye though.

I thought his set pieces were really good. That driven ball to the back post that Shola nearly got to was something every team needs in their arsenal. The floated ball just doesn't work if you have 0 aerially dominating players, it's ridiculous it's ever been the plan. Get the ball in with lots of pace into dangerous areas and we'd do much better.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

I don't see any real difference between Sissoko or Anita in their central midfield positions. But tactically I'd keep Sissoko on the bench because his pace would be really lethal in the final stages of games (like Ben Arfa yesterday)

I don't see any real difference between Sissoko or Anita in their central midfield positions. But tactically I'd keep Sissoko on the bench because his pace would be really lethal in the final stages of games (like Ben Arfa yesterday)

Eh? One is good at quick passing, ball retention etc. the other is good at breaking with the ball at feet.

Fucking annoying and irritating as fuck when you know he will be dropped once again when we play Chelsea :(

Soooo damn unfair on the lad who's been one of our best players, if not the best in most of the games he has played for us so far. Class player!

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Eh? One is good at quick passing, ball retention etc. the other is good at breaking with the ball at feet.

What I meant is that our midfield still has the same shape and balance and isn't any better or worse off. Of course they are 2 different players with very different attributes, but when Sissoko isn't playing it's Cabaye who usually has the license to roam forward.

Anita and Sissoko should be our central midfield based on the form they showed as a pairing whilst Cabaye/Tiote were out, with Cabaye or Marveaux in front of them.

However, just like Marveaux after the Christmas period last season, they'll most likely never be given the run in the team they deserve (and earnt) simply because Pardew prefers other options, usually on the base of physicality or defensive strength. Bit like why he preferred Perch in CM over Anita last year.