Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Guest nufc_89

Think it's very wise of Anita to hold discussions with AP before he decides what to do. He's a very talented 23 year old and he could ruin his career if he is left on the bench. Rodwell....

What's the Newcastle salary cap, if there is any?

Upper most we pay now I think is 50k + bonuses.

I always wonder how people know this

Neesy is the clubs official proof reader of contracts.

Tough really like. Although it seems like Pardew must have promised him some kind of central role this season, its blatant that we are much more dangerous when we're not playing 4-4-2. It suits the rest of the players more. I still think we will be playing 4-4-2 often too though.

It brings alot of options into our team, and different plans setups against different teams. Sometimes we'll need 2 DM's like against the upper teams. When playing against swansea last season having Jonas as an extra dm/fullback/defensive outlet on the pitch helped us out massively. If he's 3rd choice or even a 1st choice alongside Tiote and Cabaye there will be enough games for everyone. Both Tiote and Cabaye tends to wear out in the end of games and we often tucked Perch into it or Raylor. Now we'll have even more games to cope with during the season and we'll need quality in depth.

There are ways of playing Ba and Cisse in central positions and play with Cabaye, Tiote and Anita in midfield.

I prefer 4-3-3/4-2-1-3 with Ba on the left it may not suit him but it suits the rest of the team, but there are ways of not struggling with possession while playing 3 midfielders and 2 strikers.

Could be

krul

Simps  Colo  Saylor  Santon

Tiote  Cabaye  Anita

HBA

Ba    Cisse

Like Italy at euros

If we got Debuchy and had two attacking fullbacks that would work imo.

Could be

krul

Tiote  Cabaye  Anita

HBA

Ba    Cisse

Like Italy at euros

Pardew wouldn't do it but I would have Perch in for Simpson and that would be my formation also.

You say that but we played that exact system in one of our pre-season friendly's....

Could be

krul

Tiote  Cabaye  Anita

HBA

Ba    Cisse

Like Italy at euros

Pardew wouldn't do it but I would have Perch in for Simpson and that would be my formation also.

You say that but we played that exact system in one of our pre-season friendly's....

Not with our full strength team though.

All these formations, what about Jonas?  :( I love the guy.

All these formations are basically showing what our very best team could be and what system could fit them all, but we don't have a squad of super human's with so many games there will be injuries, suspensions, rotation etc etc.

I will be shocked if Jonas still doesn't have more than 30 appearances come the end of the season, especially considering his versatility.