Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Has anyone heard any more rumours on this transfer in the dutch press or even any twitter bullshit. Seriously I've been refreshing this page all morning and I feel like I'm losing the will to live. I've even considered going out and getting a life, obviously this would be a last resort.  :embarrassed:

I doubt we'll hear much more prior to early next week mate, especially if they've just flown over there today.

Wonder if Dekka took advantage of DFDS Seaways cheap fares?

Of course he fucking did. He drives a Golf FFS. Mike probably had him sailing the bastard wearing a NUFC Kit with a S.D Price Tag on the back.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Sounds quite promising that we're working on it over there. Must have some confidence that we can do a deal.

Guest taps01

Imagine if we did end up with De Jong, Douglas, Debuchy and Anita.  I think my expectations would go through the roof, however in reality id be happy if we ended up with just two of them. 

Telegraaf also reporting we are over there for a double deal for De Jong and Douglas: http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/fctwente/12456886/__Newcastle__shopt__bij_FC_Twente__.html

Howay Dekka, make it happen!

Have they not just picked up what has been reported over here.

They wouldn't pick it up and publish it without checking with their FC Twente contacts, which makes it a lot more reliable than the usual Lee 'windowlicking' Ryder drivel if you ask me.

Was checking a FC Twente forum and one of the posters indicated an interesting possibility with regards to the double deal scenario: considering the trouble with Douglas has been a number of representatives wanting a piece of the pie of any prospective deal, what if we're trying to tie up a double deal for let's say 18 million euros and make it 17,5 million for De Jong and 0,5 for Douglas? That would potentially leave these Douglas hanger-ons in the dark and could give the players and clubs the deal they want.

Was checking a FC Twente forum and one of the posters indicated an interesting possibility with regards to the double deal scenario: considering the trouble with Douglas has been a number of representatives wanting a piece of the pie of any prospective deal, what if we're trying to tie up a double deal for let's say 18 million euros and make it 17,5 million for De Jong and 0,5 for Douglas? That would potentially leave these Douglas hanger-ons in the dark and could give the players and clubs the deal they want.

How does 0.5m screw his hanger-ons over?

Guest taps01

Telegraaf also reporting we are over there for a double deal for De Jong and Douglas: http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/fctwente/12456886/__Newcastle__shopt__bij_FC_Twente__.html

Howay Dekka, make it happen!

Have they not just picked up what has been reported over here.

They wouldn't pick it up and publish it without checking with their FC Twente contacts, which makes it a lot more reliable than the usual Lee 'windowlicking' Ryder drivel if you ask me.

Our press would!

Apparently McLaren reported as saying to Dutch media "Luuk de Jong stays at Twente if it's up to me, unless a team offers 'stupid money' for him."

Can't find anything recent - sounds like an old quote. Where did you get this from?

Edit: http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/223663/De-Jong-alleen-voor-stupid-money-naar-Newcastle-Utd.htm

Too early for a move, should stay for one more season to make the jump to a real top club, blablala. Don't think he has much of a say in the matter anyway..

How does 0.5m screw his hanger-ons over?

Because a fixed percentage of 0,5 mill is a lot less than the same fixed percentage of 6 mill?

Apparently McLaren reported as saying to Dutch media "Luuk de Jong stays at Twente if it's up to me, unless a team offers 'stupid money' for him."

In his Dutch accent?

Shhtupid Oarfa for him.