Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Seems idiotic to me, we'd be back to square one , and looking at the big sho still starting. Would keep Cisse personally.

Well if De Jong arrived what would be the chances of Cisse starting seeing as he can't get into the side even now? Personally I would prefer Cisse to stay, as I still think with proper service he'll score goals.

Seems idiotic to me, we'd be back to square one , and looking at the big sho still starting. Would keep Cisse personally.

Well if De Jong arrived what would be the chances of Cisse starting seeing as he can't get into the side even now? Personally I would prefer Cisse to stay, as I still think with proper service he'll score goals.

See it the same way. And De Jong's goalscoring form also depends on the service he'll get...he doesn't create out of nowhere from what I ve seen

A swap deal for players both under performing in their current leagues, one has a very good record in the other league and the other has no experience. I'd rather have taken the reported £9m offered last week for Cisse than a straight swap deal.

Cisse out De Jong in does not strengthen us

Cisse is absolutely useless at this moment in time. If De Jong vaguely resembles a useful footballer then of course it strengthens us.

Would you swap your Ferrari that has a flat tyre to my Toyota Corolla just so you can get to work tomorrow?

Perfect comparison in my opininion  :whistle:

Cisse out De Jong and Gomis in then yes but Cisse out De Jong in does not strengthen us

It strengthens us if De Jong can regain his Dutch league form though...

What is Cisse finds his EPL form though ?

His Bundesliga form would be more than good enough tbh.

Cisse out De Jong and Gomis in then yes but Cisse out De Jong in does not strengthen us

It strengthens us if De Jong can regain his Dutch league form though...

What is Cisse finds his EPL form though ?

His Bundesliga form would be more than good enough tbh.

Swapping an out of form striker for another is not great business not when the one you are letting go has performed in this league in the past. Maybe loan Papiss to them so he can get a run of games if we are lucky.

I have not lost faith in Papiss but maybe the club has although as it stands now we need a striker so do the swap deal we still need a striker. Gomis is a good option for us, sign him now & do a loan swap deal Cisse for De Jong.

You have to consider what each player can add to our general play as well.  Cisse is a pure goal scorer who isnt scoring.  Where as AFAIK De Jong tends to be much more involved in the team.  I haven't seen much of De Jong so I'm not sure, but its worth considering.

De Jong was terrible that one time I saw him play for the Dutch U-21. Played like a lanky Cisse.

he's very similar to Cisse from what I ve seen. Also the guys from the official Gladbach forum seem to think the same (when asked about a possible swap deal)

He could work well alongside Remy in a 4-4-2 but not sure I like our two main strikers both being here just on loan.

Depending on the deal Kinnear does we cold just be a shop window for both of them.

Remy/Cisse does not seem to work. Why Remy/De Jong should?

Same here. Would hate to have to loan strikers upfront in the first eleven.

He could work well alongside Remy in a 4-4-2 but not sure I like our two main strikers both being here just on loan.

Depending on the deal Kinnear does we cold just be a shop window for both of them.

They've started two games together FFS.

I know (should have said "did not work so far"). BTW I'd try again with Cisse and turn away from De Jong. Have more faith in Cisse than De Jong

I know (should have said "did not work so far"). BTW I'd try again with Cisse and turn away from De Jong. Have more faith in Cisse than De Jong

:thup: Anyything/anyone (not Shola) to give Remy a partner of preferably have him back as part of a front 3 would be a positive move for me.