Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Guest VanBarduck

I want him more that I want Cabella, Dutch player are f***ing classy !

Want Cabella signed far more personally, not that I don't rate De Jong.

Cabella is talented, but he'll get bullied in PL, he's skinnier than Neymar  ;D

at least it would actually be addressing an area the squad actually needs improvement on though I'm not convinced by the loaning thing. 

If you loan a player before buying to see how they do it should be at least a season. How many players struggle at first? I doubt we would have signed Debuchy or MYM based on their first 6 months.

I want him more that I want Cabella, Dutch player are f***ing classy !

Want Cabella signed far more personally, not that I don't rate De Jong.

Cabella is talented, but he'll get bullied in PL, he's skinnier than Neymar  ;D

We'll see ;), hopefully :shifty:

EDIT: Hopefully we'll see not hopefully he'll be bullied :lol:  I mean he might be less effective than De Jong at first (though he's hardly in great form) but he's a much more exciting signing going forward IMO.

at least it would actually be addressing an area the squad actually needs improvement on though I'm not convinced by the loaning thing. 

If you loan a player before buying to see how they do it should be at least a season. How many players struggle at first? I doubt we would have signed Debuchy or MYM based on their first 6 months.

yep also leaves us vulnerable if he does well the list of buyers increases and what loyalty does he really owe us if someone like Arsenal for example came in?

Andy Brassell ‏@andybrassell 1 min

Borussia Mönchengladbach just announced that Luuk de Jong not training today as medical with Newcastle is set up.

Seems done.

:hello2: Nice to see them 'splashing out' on another loan!

Guest Roger Kint

Andy Brassell ‏@andybrassell 1 min

Borussia Mönchengladbach just announced that Luuk de Jong not training today as medical with Newcastle is set up.

Seems done.

Replacement sorted, business is done

From Luke Edwards - apologies if Giggs!

Director of Football Joe Kinnear is close to finalising a loan move for Dutch international striker Luuk De Jong from German side Gladbach. If the 23-year-old is a success on Tyneside between now and June the move will become a permanent one.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/10600394/Yohan-Cabaye-on-brink-of-joining-Ligue-1-leaders-Paris-St-Germain-after-fee-agreed-with-Newcastle-United.html

Guest Roger Kint

Not really the answer to our problems at all IMO. Certainly won't help fill the massive void Cabaye will leave.

Just means we muddle by with Tiote, Anita, Sissoko in CM with 3 from Remy, LDJ, Gouf and Shola up top with the occasional appearance from HBA if we are lucky.

Guest Roger Kint

Cool, dampens the blow of Cabaye a bit, if it's true.

How? This deal is 6 months late and is in no way connected. We are still at least one player down in this window

Not really the answer to our problems at all IMO. Certainly won't help fill the massive void Cabaye will leave.

Just means we muddle by with Tiote, Anita, Sissoko in CM with 3 from Remy, LDJ, Gouf and Shola up top with the occasional appearance from HBA if we are lucky.

Looks to be the case.

Tiote, Anita, Sissoko with Gouffran, Remy & De Jong up front.

Guest Roger Kint

I love how every signing is X months too late.

You are right, SHola playing so much was clearly the best option after such a hectic summers transfers for the club