Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Garbage, man. We can't keep putting all our stock in one striker because we become f***ing toothless when the inevitable happens. We need three goal threats out there at a minimum.

Which would also require tactics with some sort of dynamism.

Guest Roger Kint

Garbage, man. We can't keep putting all our stock in one striker because we become fucking toothless when the inevitable happens. We need three goal threats out there at a minimum.

Thing is for the reported £8m or whatever we could get any of 4/5 Championship players that would score more alongside another Ba/Remy(a chance on Ings or Rhodes maybe). Its a lot to ask our mob to pay that for someone that so far seems to head a ball harder than he kicks it when we still need a main striker to come in as well(and probably one other too)

Striker in not scoring when receiving fuck all service shocker.

Even without service Cisse made the keeper make two saves despite being in no sort of form for over a year. De Jong's a nice player but shows no appetite for goals whatsoever. He's like the poor man's Peter Crouch, and Crouch is pretty shot shy as well.

He won us a fair few free kicks, we just had no one to take them properly. He didn`t stop running and links up well. He would be worth about 5mill to take over Shola and Cisse`s squad position. He seems to be unable to properly take a shot with any power though.

Said from the start it is pointless trying to asses a player based on a 6 month loan. I doubt we would have spent the £6m or whatever it was on Debuchy based on last seasons form and I reckon most would have thought we dodged a bullet.

We only have own one striker that I have any confidence in scoring and he is playing babysitter for the full backs.

Garbage, man. We can't keep putting all our stock in one striker because we become fucking toothless when the inevitable happens. We need three goal threats out there at a minimum.

:nods:

Been like this the entire time Pardew has been here, and I'm fucking sick of it.

The decision on whether NUFC buy Luuk de Jong or not will presumably be based on his performances during this loan period and not on how he did in the Netherlands over 2 seasons ago. People have said it's harsh to judge him this early in this team but NUFC have to. If Luuk de Jong doesn't start scoring goals I highly doubt NUFC will buy him. People may think it's tough for him to prove himself in this team but Remy has. Luuk de Jong had a season and a half to prove himself in at Borussia Mönchengladbach and he failed. I expected to see more of an impact from him than I've seen so far. He's playing for a contract. First and foremost a striker is judged on goals. He hasn't looked like scoring yet.

The decision on whether NUFC buy Luuk de Jong or not will presumably be based on his performances during this loan period and not on how he did in the Netherlands over 2 seasons ago. People have said it's harsh to judge him this early in this team but NUFC have to. If Luuk de Jong doesn't start scoring goals I highly doubt NUFC will buy him. People may think it's tough for him to prove himself in this team but Remy has. Luuk de Jong had a season and a half to prove himself in at Borussia Mönchengladbach and he failed. I expected to see more of an impact from him than I've seen so far. He's playing for a contract. First and foremost a striker is judged on goals. He hasn't looked like scoring yet.

True but they are totally different players we have no wingers yet de Jong would be better suited to having some crosses to attack

Some players hit the ground running, some don't. Half a season to impress in a new league when you have barely played recently and the most creative player has left is going to be tough.

If Remy was ours or I knew we were going to get in a proven goal scorer I would probably take a punt as de Jong looks an intelligent player with a good touch but we are severely lacking goals so :dontknow:

Not sure we will get what we need LDJ or not tbh.

I agree it is possible de Jong might rediscover his Netherlands league scoring form if he had more time but he doesn't have more time. The fact that he hasn't looked like scoring so far, his performances during his time at Borussia Mönchengladbach and the £8m fee he will cost mean at the moment I can't see NUFC being willing to gamble on buying him in the hope he recaptures his form from over 2 seasons ago.

No chance we will spend that sort of money on him if he doesnt start scoring goals imo. The chances are, if the 8m figure is true, that it will be all or most of our summer budget and i doubt we would take that sort of a chance on him. It is not often you get to 'try before you buy', and if he doesnt start producing between now an the end of the season it would not be sensible of us to consider signing him permanently.

Unless the balls generally move a lot quicker in Holland than over here there is no problem with his ability in striking a ball, obviously this will become his 'thing' though now.

It will be until he hits a few hard shots on target. So far the two or three shots he has had have been piss weak.

Unless the balls generally move a lot quicker in Holland than over here there is no problem with his ability in striking a ball, obviously this will become his 'thing' though now.

It will be until he hits a few hard shots on target. So far the two or three shots he has had have been piss weak.

Our lead heavy balls foil another strikers ambitions :(