Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

I liked the look of him at first and he was outstanding at Hull, but his last two performances have been garbage.

He's barely threatened the goal whatsoever in about 6 full games now and that's a worry.

He's been playing as the second striker (obv not his pref. role), he's not a striker who is going to create his own goals, and he's playing in a team currently that hasn't really scored a goal when Loic Remy isn't on the pitch. I guess people expect him to put away those whipping crosses that come his way? Or those 1 v 1s? Those haven't been created for him. I'd have loved to see him get on the end of a few of Cisse's misses today...maybe he'd have scored?

He's been playing as the second striker (obv not his pref. role), he's not a striker who is going to create his own goals, and he's playing in a team currently that hasn't really scored a goal when Loic Remy isn't on the pitch. I guess people expect him to put away those whipping crosses that come his way? Or those 1 v 1s? Those haven't been created for him. I'd have loved to see him get on the end of a few of Cisse's misses today...maybe he'd have scored?

He didn't though. That's kind of the point.

Every shot he has had has been like a pass back to the 'keeper though. Worrying if a striker can't shoot.

He wasn't on the pitch for those big ones in the 2nd half. That was my point.

He wasn't on the pitch for those big ones in the 2nd half. That was my point.

He's started five games and hasn't had a clear cut chance yet. It's not looking too clever, especially when Cisse who's supposedly in the worst form of his career has had about seven in two games.

Cisse is in the worst form of his career - 1 penalty goal versus Stoke and 1 goal today to make 2 in the league. Failed to put away the other 500 chances put in front of him. I love Cisse too, but we've given him 2 seasons of benefit of the doubt hoping things will just click for the good lad and he'll be off scoring regularly again. All I've said is I would have loved to see De Jong get on the chances in the box that came to Cisse late in the match when we actually had someone to create something (HBA) on the pitch versus 2 DM's and 2 Grafting Wide players.

Cisse is in the worst form of his career - 1 penalty goal versus Stoke and 1 goal today to make 2 in the league. Failed to put away the other 500 chances put in front of him. I love Cisse too, but we've given him 2 seasons of benefit of the doubt hoping things will just click for the good lad and he'll be off scoring regularly again. All I've said is I would have loved to see De Jong get on the chances in the box that came to Cisse late in the match when we actually had someone to create something (HBA) on the pitch versus 2 DM's and 2 Grafting Wide players.

I agree, I'm just not sure he has the positional sense to enable him to get on the end of chances the way Cisse does.

Parroting Big Al from MOTD here but a striker missing chances is far less of a worry than a striker not getting near them.

Cisse is in the worst form of his career 1 penalty goal and 1 goal today. Failed to put away the other 500 chances put in front of him. I love Cisse too, but we've given him 3 seasons of benefit of the doubt hoping things will just click for the good lad and he'll be off scoring regularly again. All I've said is I would have loved to see De Jong get on the chances in the box that came to Cisse late in the match when we actually had someone to create something (HBA) on the pitch versus 2 DM's and 2 Grafting Wide players.

Cisse got on the end of a few chances while De Jong was on the pitch as well mind.

I agree, I'm just not sure he has the positional sense to enable him to get on the end of chances the way Cisse does.

Parroting Big Al from MOTD here but a striker missing chances is far less of a worry than a striker not getting near them.

:thup: Valid points.

Cisse got on the end of a few chances while De Jong was on the pitch as well mind.

LDJ was playing behind him, almost as a support striker all match. When LDJ was in the box...it was Cisse crossing him the ball man. :lol:

:thup: Valid points.

LDJ was playing behind him, almost as a support striker all match. When LDJ was in the box...it was Cisse crossing him the ball man. :lol:

Even as a support striker he should be getting chances. 5 games now and pretty much none.

He's shite. Do not buy.

But the thing is that Cisse isn't getting onto the end of all these chances by some crazy luck, he is very good at getting into positions to get chances which is a skill in itself, a skill which de Jong doesn't have by the looks of it

If Remy goes and we don't deem de Jong good enough. What two strikers do we sign? Who would be your top targets?

We'll probably need 3 if we don't sign either of those. Looking at the best part of £25m there...nee chance.