Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

In defence of the Eredivisie, for every Afonso Alves, Alfred Finnbogason and Luuk De Jong et al - what about Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Wilfried Bony and Luis Suarez?

And more recently Tadic, Pelle, Vertonghen, Eriksen, Mertens, Dost (if recent form is anything to go by...), Janmaat, Strootman.

I think a lot of it is down to the individual in question, not necessarily the poor standard of the league. De Jong scored goals at Twente, had his confidence knocked at Monchengladbach and that showed when he was here (let's not forget playing in a shit team under a shit manager). Now he's got his confidence back and is scoring goals.

Granted, the competition isn't as strong as as the Premier League but it's a bit daft saying it's League One or Championship standard.

In defence of the Eredivisie, for every Afonso Alves, Alfred Finnbogason and Luuk De Jong et al - what about Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Wilfried Bony and Luis Suarez?

And more recently Tadic, Pelle, Vertonghen, Eriksen, Mertens, Dost (if recent form is anything to go by...), Janmaat, Strootman.

I think a lot of it is down to the individual in question, not necessarily the poor standard of the league. De Jong scored goals at Twente, had his confidence knocked at Monchengladbach and that showed when he was here (let's not forget playing in a s*** team under a s*** manager). Now he's got his confidence back and is scoring goals.

Granted, the competition isn't as strong as as the Premier League but it's a bit daft saying it's League One or Championship standard.

:thup:

I think a lot of it is down to the individual in question, not necessarily the poor standard of the league. De Jong scored goals at Twente, had his confidence knocked at Monchengladbach and that showed when he was here (let's not forget playing in a s*** team under a s*** manager). Now he's got his confidence back and is scoring goals.

You've quoted about 8 names going back 3-4 years from a league which has approximately 400 players registered in it in a season.

You've quoted about 8 names going back 3-4 years from a league which has approximately 400 players registered in it in a season.

Yess, against the handful of those who have been considered 'flops' playing here or elsewhere. The point is totally relevant.

• 1 month later...

Pretty sure I've seen Riviere kick a football harder than a small child though.

But in the direction of the goal? Both are nee good but LDJ is arguably less s***.

I agree. They are both abit shit, but I certainly can not see Riviere going to PSV and hitting 20 goals to claim a league title.