Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Upped to 12 million pounds according to The Dutch daily paper AD Sportwereld. Last offer apparently.

http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/4562/Voetbal/article/detail/3274741/2012/06/21/TT-Newcastle-verhoogt-bod-op-De-Jong-Sparta-wil-Buijs.dhtml

Don`t believe this for 1 second really. Why is this bidding war suddenly out in the public, this feels like NUFC 12 years ago.

Because there are two parties in a bidding war perhaps?

Upped to 12 million pounds according to The Dutch daily paper AD Sportwereld. Last offer apparently.

http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/4562/Voetbal/article/detail/3274741/2012/06/21/TT-Newcastle-verhoogt-bod-op-De-Jong-Sparta-wil-Buijs.dhtml

Don`t believe this for 1 second really. Why is this bidding war suddenly out in the public, this feels like NUFC 12 years ago.

And i guess its lost in the black hole of currency.

£9,5m --> €11,77m ≈ €12M ?

£12m ---> €14,93m ≈ €15

Thus meeting their initial valuation. Its very possible that they are trying to start a bidding war but nufc are trying to seal it before it happens  :dontknow:

Brilliant if true, £12m offer should tempt them and it looks as though we are starting to pick up the pace on our dealings. Seems as though the Best to Blackburn story could be true but I am sure this deal is also being done as Ba has not decided on what he wants to do.

LUUK de Jong’s agent has confirmed Newcastle United’s ongoing interest in the Holland striker – and hinted that the forward would be open to an offer from the Magpies.

De Jong’s representative Louis Laros revealed to the Journal that United – who have tabled an £8million offer for the striker – have not been able to agree a fee with FC Twente for the forward so far.

He has also warned that there have been a multitude of enquiries from all over Europe for De Jong, who is set to leave the Eredivisie for a new challenge this summer. He confirmed there were “more than six” clubs who have registered their interest in the highly-rated striker.

But in news that will hearten Newcastle fans, he said that De Jong has already rejected several of the offers out-of-hand. United are one of the clubs he would be happy to talk to if a deal can be brokered with FC Twente.

All parties are now waiting for Newcastle to make a fresh offer, with a second bid of £9.5million understood to be under consideration.

In meantime Laros revealed to the Journal that De Jong, who is on holiday for three weeks after his involvement in Euro 2012, would not be rushed into making a decision on his future.

“I can only confirm that there has been interest from Newcastle in Luuk,” he told the Journal.

“I know that Newcastle are following him, that is no secret, but a club must first agree a fee with FC Twente and so far this has not happened. I really don’t know what will happen next.

“It is not up to us at this moment, it is up to those clubs to show an interest and agree a financial deal with Twente.

“They are not the only club that has shown an interest, there has been a lot of

clubs from all over Europe. More than five or six – but that is normal for a player who has scored 25 goals in the Eredivisie and is in the national side.

“It has got to be the right club for Luuk, and a club that Luuk likes. He has already rejected several clubs who are interested because they are not the right move. I can confirm that Newcastle are not one of the clubs that he has rejected.

“He would be the perfect fit for the Premier League. He is only young and there is no doubt about his quality – no-one is debating that.

“Now the most important thing is to find the right club for Luuk, which is what we will do.”

Newcastle have signaled their summer intent by tabling offers for Ajax’s Vurnon Anita, Lille’s Mathieu Debuchy and De Jong.

United see De Jong as being another part of their attacking armoury next season rather than as a direct replacement for Demba Ba, who they are desperate to keep at St James’ Park.

With Newcastle having already let Peter Lovenkrands go following the expiration of his contract, they are also hoping to raise money from the sale of Leon Best. The club were staying tight-lipped over reports Blackburn had tabled a £2million offer for the Republic of Ireland international but it is well known that the club are prepared to let Best leave this summer.

Celtic are also interested in the striker, who was the subject of a loan enquiry from the Glasgow giants during the January transfer window.

United will also listen to offers for unwanted Nile Ranger – who is wanted by Barnsley and Sheffield Wednesday – and will allow Fraser Forster to leave this summer.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/06/22/61634-31235977/#ixzz1yVQpis00

And i guess its lost in the black hole of currency.

£9,5m --> €11,77m ≈ €12M ?

£12m ---> €14,93m ≈ €15

Thus meeting their initial valuation. Its very possible that they are trying to start a bidding war but nufc are trying to seal it before it happens  :dontknow:

:facepalm:

That article you quoted (which is the same as yesterday BTW) says 12 million euros, not pounds..

Edit: what JH said.

Guest optimistic nit

to be honest, i think we at the moment are a very attractive option for players like de jong. we offer a club that is on the up with possibilities of breaking the top 6 but without the player congestion that you have at established top 6 teams. if he came to us it would be easier to establish himself than if he went to man city or chelsea.

The fact that the agent has spoken and there is speculation on us raising the offer makes me think this will not happen.

Maybe the club does shit like this as a smoke screen for their real targets.

I think Pardew is going for having 2 formations rotating, a 4-4-2 with Ba and De Jong up front (hence the mention of Ba to link up with) and a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 or some such with Cisse up front with HBA and marveau or someone on wings as the other formation. Would give us plenty of tactical flexibility, though would require egos to be shed, think Pards has proved good enough man manager to do that though, wonder if though Ba on wing may be considered a failed experiment now.

of course possibly totally baseless...

I think Pardew is going for having 2 formations rotating, a 4-4-2 with Ba and De Jong up front (hence the mention of Ba to link up with) and a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 or some such with Cisse up front with HBA and marveau or someone on wings as the other formation. Would give us plenty of tactical flexibility, though would require egos to be shed, think Pards has proved good enough man manager to do that though, wonder if though Ba on wing may be considered a failed experiment now.

of course possibly totally baseless...

There is no way he is going for anything without the name cisse at the top imho

Guest Roger Kint

The reported high fee and the publicity of the bids makes me think our interest might not be genuine. Could it all be a plot so that we can be in a stronger position to renegotiate Ba's contract?

Christ i know magedia is rife here in England but its RTG levels to suggest we control the Dutch media too :lol:

Guest Haris Vuckic

My 4-2-4 from Fifa 98 is back.

Cabaye-Tiote

HBA-Ba-Cisse-DeJong

The classic Brazilian formation :)

Hope that i dont read some back page article next saying how we 'wont be held to randsom' over transfer negotiations...the longer these go on for the more i feel this may happen.

Guest Haris Vuckic

With this and the Debuchy bid there is atleast indications that we do have money to spend. And quite some aswell?

I would expect outgoings to cover the incomings tbh.

With this and the Debuchy bid there is atleast indications that we do have money to spend. And quite some aswell?

I would expect outgoings to cover the incomings tbh.

Really don't know, the prize money, tv money etc. are increasing all the time, and we've been cutting wage costs every year for some time haven't we? This year again we will cut them quite hefty with smith, loven etc. going on free transfers.

Guest Haris Vuckic

If a great big bid comes in for one of our players we'll accept it - don't lose sight of that.

Sunday Sun saying Benfica have withdrawn interest after being quoted 10m.

Blatantly on his way here then. Gerrin.

Seriously speaking though, think we'll miss out on de Jong. I reckon we're just going to put in a "take-it-or-leave-it" offer and see what happens. If they accept, then great; if they reject it, then we'll just move onto another target (I'll put a name in there, what's Nolan Roux's situation these days?).