The 2012/13 Betting Thread

Neil

Guest Kevlaar

I was mindful of saying anything more due to Kevlaar's post right above mine. :laugh:

If I don't win my bet then someone on the forum winning over £500 isn't a bad thing.

Never been so stressed watching a team other than Newcastle.

I was mindful of saying anything more due to Kevlaar's post right above mine. :laugh:

If I don't win my bet then someone on the forum winning over £500 isn't a bad thing.

:lol: Pretty close game wasn't it? Class win anyway, how many teams in the accy?

Guest Kevlaar

:lol: Pretty close game wasn't it? Class win anyway, how many teams in the accy?

Aye, their style of passing it out was getting to me like. Zlatan had a mare I thought.

Juventus @ 2/9

Swansea @ 2/5

Celtic @ 1/6

Benfica @ 1/4

Lyon @ 4/5

Paris Saint-Germain @ 8/15

Newcastle @ 5/4

Man City @ 19/20

Cardiff @ 13/10

Also won 72 earlier in the day on a Newcastle, Cardiff and Celtic trixie.

Decent day - 3 points, and nice earner to cover my losses from the rest of the season!

Just realised despite the last 3/4 days of idiotic reprobation I had this bet come up.

Yes - Arsenal v Aston Villa - Both Teams to Score @ 1.91

Real Madrid - Deportivo v Real Madrid - Match Result @ 1.36

Yes - Heracles v Vitesse - Both Teams to Score @ 1.40

Lost a fair bit on Chelsea on thursday night in the Europa tho.

15.57€ on Real Madrid (to win both Clasicos, both DNB) / Dortmund (Cup against Bayern, DNB), NUFC (Against Swansea, DNB). Returns 1000€.

Someone, somewhere is desperately trying to scramble together 15.57€ for a vital purchase. And then they see this. You've ruined their day, David. Ruined it.

15.57€ on Real Madrid (to win both Clasicos, both DNB) / Dortmund (Cup against Bayern, DNB), NUFC (Against Swansea, DNB). Returns 1000€.

Someone, somewhere is desperately trying to scramble together 15.57€ for a vital purchase. And then they see this. You've ruined their day, David. Ruined it.

:lol: Fair enough.

Having read this, when my next big monthly profit (hopefully March) comes in, I'll go to town and will give some street person (rough sleeper?) one 50€ note.

Gone for Gala, Plzen and Spurs for tonight.

Happened to catch the goal that put Galatasaray behind while browsing bet365 - the keeper boots the ball but sort of scuffs it, flies off a defender and back over him into his net in truly comical fashion. :lol: You'd like to think they'll still win but sounds like the sort of thing that happens with one of my bets.

Not so golden that February now after all. Probabyl means I'm finally out of this big betting. The 25€ I got back will go on us tomorrow...

You're doing it all wrong. I thought you were a good gambler because you won a shit load last year but the more I see it, the more it seems that you just lucked out by betting on teams that you like. We and Real did brilliantly last year so you made a lot of money. We and Real have been shit this year so you've lost a shit load of money. That's not a sign of a good gambler. It's a sign of a regular Joe fan who likes to bet on his teams.

You should have done what dinho said and bet on no more goals. That's what a gambler betting for money would have done. It seems that you just bet on teams that you like and you don't evaluate why things haven't gone as expected. I mean, Madrid must have cost you a thousand Euros this year yet you still bet big on them. Likewise with Newcastle. If you're going to do that then bet what you can afford to lose and just have a good time like most people on the forum. But if you want to bet for money then I suggest you chill out a bit and seek out good odds, even if it means betting against a team that you like.

It's not fun seeing people throw away hundreds of Euros without thinking.

Agree. :thup:

I see this has been disregarded already. :lol:

Not so golden that February now after all. Probabyl means I'm finally out of this big betting. The 25€ I got back will go on us tomorrow...

You're doing it all wrong. I thought you were a good gambler because you won a s*** load last year but the more I see it, the more it seems that you just lucked out by betting on teams that you like. We and Real did brilliantly last year so you made a lot of money. We and Real have been s*** this year so you've lost a s*** load of money. That's not a sign of a good gambler. It's a sign of a regular Joe fan who likes to bet on his teams.

You should have done what dinho said and bet on no more goals. That's what a gambler betting for money would have done. It seems that you just bet on teams that you like and you don't evaluate why things haven't gone as expected. I mean, Madrid must have cost you a thousand Euros this year yet you still bet big on them. Likewise with Newcastle. If you're going to do that then bet what you can afford to lose and just have a good time like most people on the forum. But if you want to bet for money then I suggest you chill out a bit and seek out good odds, even if it means betting against a team that you like.

It's not fun seeing people throw away hundreds of Euros without thinking.

Agree. :thup:

I see this has been disregarded already. :lol:

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,77688.msg3783034.html#msg3783034

And this.