The 2012/13 Betting Thread

Neil

Finally some urgency from Man Utd and sure enough they score.

And just like that, game over. They're great to watch when they show some urgency, shame they're flat for such long periods.

I should probably look at which thread I'm posting in first.

:lol: :lol:

Small Treble on today of

Chelsea -3 3.4

Swans Liverpool <1.5 goals in 1st half 1.44

Espanyol DNB 1.44

Thought Chelsea had fucked it in the first half. Stuck a small bit on them -1 after 1st half to cover my stake.

Got some good profit outa this. Gone for Arsenal Bayern >2.5 goals and Galatasary DNB for today and tomorrow. Will probably put more on later.

Cover bet on Arse 1 Bayern 1.

The 1-goal margin win was a very shrewd bet :thup:

Covered my Yankee, just a tad annoyed I played it safe - didn't want to be too exposed on a night when there really wasn't a lot to be had (evidence by some reaches in the Yankee).

Had a good result on Saturday though, so mustn't grumble :D

For tonight:

Arsenal DNB

Barnsley

Peterborough

Bristol Rovers (DNB)

Cardiff

Leicester

Forest

(Swindon - Tranmere draw)

After a great few days a couple of weeks ago where I was a fair bit up, I've been pretty much breaking even since and thus staying at that level. Winning a bet, losing a couple, winning a bet, losing a couple. Done the cautious thing and withdrawn about half of what was in my betting accounts, still left plenty to play with though.

It's odd, I know that when I win I should be more aggressive with my stakes and thus trying to win more because it wasn't my money originally. Yet I seem to become more protective of my winnings.  Mind, I'm learning not to fritter away winnings on daft bets. It's happened a few times in the past, win a bet then piss away over half of it on unlikely bets.

As for tonight, I think I'll leave Arsenal-Bayern alone. Bayern are in imperious form but Arsenal, on their day, can beat anyone, as they showed when beating Barcelona 2-1.

Might plump for the Forest/Palace double.

After a great few days a couple of weeks ago where I was a fair bit up, I've been pretty much breaking even since and thus staying at that level. Winning a bet, losing a couple, winning a bet, losing a couple.

If you go back a few months, this is exactly what I wrote when I stopped betting on a regular basis. Only put a bet or two on every month probably now. I was stuck in that strange equipoise for a very long time though. :lol: Weird shit.

Mind, I'm learning not to fritter away winnings on daft bets. It's happened a few times in the past, win a bet then p*ss away over half of it on unlikely bets.

Done this loads myself, learning from my mistakes now though, at least some of them anyway :lol:

Anyone who thinks Bayern will win tonight, I assume they'll fancy them for the home leg too. If you want a bit more value than the just below EVS on offer for a win tonight, SkyBet go 2/1 for Bayern to win both legs.

Why's everyone backing Arsenal? ??? Tempted to stick a single on Bayern at just below evens. :undecided:

They lost against Leverkusen this season, only drew against Dortmund this season and conceded goals for fun in the Champions League group stages (Remember Borisov....)

Also, I get to hear the local radio all day and it's deja vu just again and again - the media already praise them as CL winners and they suffer a setback. (Chelsea last season :smitten:)

....or you're not learning your lesson and you're betting against a team you don't like? :lol:

Time will tell. :dontknow:

No. Seriously, I really thought about backing Bayern. Two things made me bet on Arsenal, though.

1. The things posted above. Just think they haven't been as good as people tell (Watched some games recently of them and of Arsenal, too)

2. Arsenal's odds are just too good to resist, while Bayern are (for me) unlikely to win and DNB isn't good enough.

As you said, time will tell and hopefully it'll tell my story.