The 2012/13 Betting Thread

Neil

Guest Roger Kint

Put 50p on Ben Arfa to score and Newcastle to win 2-1 at odds of 60/1. Go back into the shop to collect my £30 and the woman isnt' fucking having it.

Originally I only wanted HBA to score and us to win, but the woman behind the desk made me put a score on as well. Now, when I go back in, a different woman says that I had to put him as first scorer or last scorer, I couldn't have him as anytime. Surely if they've already accepted my bet and written the odds on my slip that means it's all fine and dandy?

Going to go back tomorrow and not leave until I get my money. Was gutting mind, from being absolutely over the moon to despondent because of them. Spoiled our win.  :dave:

Without seeing the individual odds to check the 60/1 seems a bit high for an anytime/score double on him. What is the actual wording on the slip?

Guest Roger Kint

gutted, went to put ben arfa anytime 2-1 newcastle on, still in me betslip on me phone :( i hate being steaming sometimes

With regards to Dr C's post what odds does it say?

They don't need to pay you out, depends what it says on the slip. If it says Ben Arfa and 2-1, that would go down as first goal scorer and the 60/1 odds would suggest that. The bookies aren't being cunts on purpose, loads of scruffs come in trying to screw them over.

They don't need to pay you out, depends what it says on the slip. If it says Ben Arfa and 2-1, that would go down as first goal scorer and the 60/1 odds would suggest that. The bookies aren't being c***s on purpose, loads of scruffs come in trying to screw them over.

:lol:

just burst oot laughing at that

love the half cut/hangover/still pissed feeling

Guest Roger Kint

deleted it from my slip now but it was either 16/1 or 22/1 cos i had another bet in there which went 'unplaced' and i cant remember which was which

definitely wasn't as high as 60/1 though

Yeah thats what i would have said too, still shame you didnt put it on mind.

Fair old bit on Rangers -2.5,3 against East Stirling @ 1.8. Wee bit on the straight -4 handicap, 2.8 think it was.

:thup: Winnings potentially on us DNB inplay.

Pussied out of all my winnings on us, put £30 in the end, good day.

deleted it from my slip now but it was either 16/1 or 22/1 cos i had another bet in there which went 'unplaced' and i cant remember which was which

definitely wasn't as high as 60/1 though

Yeah thats what i would have said too, still shame you didnt put it on mind.

i'm actually fuming about it :lol: was in that number 9 bar putting it on me phone, got talking to me cousin and completely forgot about it, damn you 2 quid peronis!

They would've only taken it if it was first scorer, as they said they don't take anytime and a scorecast (even though I checked to see if what I was writing was correct and she said it was fine, probably assuming I wanted first scorer) Combination of rookie mistake from me and lack of clarity from them I reckon. Anyway they gave me £3 for Ben Arfa anytime so at least I got something back from it.

EDIT: And I'm not a scruff neither

I wasn't insinuating you were, just I used to have to deal with some right scum that tried to say any bet was good so staff are quite defensive about these things. The problem is not being sexist, but female staff generally don't understand football bets. Always put a bet on your not sure if the bookies accept with the manager. I've worked with some thick birds at the bookies like.

Have Chelsea, Man City -1, Bordeaux DNB.

Have a 4 fold from yesterday which has one team to go - from Guatemala, obviously. Got trebles as well though so at least in profit for that.

Have Chelsea, Man City -1, Bordeaux DNB.

Have a 4 fold from yesterday which has one team to go - from Guatemala, obviously. Got trebles as well though so at least in profit for that.

:lol: Classic Neil.