La Liga 14/15

Disco

Looks like I'm gonna see Valencia/Depor and Betis/Atletico while I'm in Spain over the summer.

Assuming I won't have much trouble on tickets.

Ah man, I'm dead jealous at that! Two cracking fixtures they are. I must get to the Mestalla before Valencia move (could be a while)! Plus, I'd love to go and see a game at the Riazor.

To echo others on here, I too would like to see Valencia sort themselves out and pose a challenge to the 'untouchable two'.

The only club that has a remote chance of achieving that is Málaga if they go full ManCity, although they have been pretty quiet this summer so far despite being in the CL.

Valencia and Atlético are just too broke and don't generate enough turnover.

The only club that has a remote chance of achieving that is Málaga if they go full ManCity, although they have been pretty quiet this summer so far despite being in the CL.

Shows how much I know, the president of the Spanish Football Players Union has just said to Marca that Málaga owes 35%-40% of player wages. Boom.

Shows how much I know, the president of the Spanish Football Players Union has just said to Marca that Málaga owes 35%-40% of player wages. Boom.

Things are unravelling fast. Four Málaga players (unnamed as of now, although they say they are "big names") have sued the club claiming the unpaid wages. According to our sports laws, Málaga have until the end of the month to reach an agreement with them or be relegated to our third tier.

I'm no expert, we'll see what people say when they pour into the accounts. The big profit figure is understandable though, the current board took a lot of writedowns in advance the past two seasons - where we had big losses - so when the FFP period started the accounts would look good.

Lack of trophies has cut outlay significantly though - despite claims from our board - last season we paid €40m in player/transfer bonuses for our Liga/CL double according to some sources.

We also saved a few million on Alexis' fee because he failed to make enough apps due to injuries :p

Osasuna has put up a formal complaint against Málaga in front of La Liga because of monies owed for Monreal...

This, alongside Villarreal's similar complaint regarding Cazorla, could result in a transfer embargo. Some speculate that UEFA could also revoke their license to play in Europe (as happened with Mallorca a few years ago).

Guest Craig-NUFC

Marc Muniesa has torn his knee ligaments and could miss the season. Would have been a big year for him too, either at Barca or Ajax

im going to the Supercopa classic in the Nou Camp in 3 weeks...been to the stadium but never seen a game there so am excited. Ive heard that Xavi lad is kind of like Cabaye?

Guest neesy111

Several reports from regional media that Málaga are up for sale. Some Albanian oil group reportedly interested, although they have denied it.

So what's happened to the current wealthy owners then....