La Liga 14/15

Disco

How good is Aymeric Laporte VI?

Also, is he Basque or are Bilbao stretching their rules?

He's from the French part of the Basque country, so would play for France.

No, he isn't. But he was playing for a basque-french team.

Been listening to the Spanish Football Podcast with Sid Lowe and he reckons that it's pretty much a done deal for Luis Enrique to be Barca's manager next season.

Luís Enrique was caught meeting with our DoF this week, so it's pretty much a given at this point.

Regarding Laporte, he joined Athletic when he was 16. You don't actually need to be *born* there, just to live there since bairn, but it's probably a bit of a stretch of his policy.

EDIT: Actually, I just checked, and although he moved to Bilbao when he was 16, he lived in the French part of the Basque country since he was a bairn, so it's not that much of a stretch.

Luís Enrique was caught meeting with our DoF this week, so it's pretty much a given at this point.

Regarding Laporte, he joined Athletic when he was 16. You don't actually need to be *born* there, just to live there since bairn, but it's probably a bit of a stretch of his policy.

EDIT: Actually, I just checked, and although he moved to Bilbao when he was 16, he lived in the French part of the Basque country since he was a bairn, so it's not that much of a stretch.

You won't win anything without stability, etc :yao:

Been listening to the Spanish Football Podcast with Sid Lowe and he reckons that it's pretty much a done deal for Luis Enrique to be Barca's manager next season.

Do enjoy that show, very informative. Plus I find them recording outdoors often, it sounds very atmospheric which is quite welcome (unless it's like the one they did at the Betis derby where you couldn't hear anything)

Do Bilbao fans never look at what say... Atletico are doing now and think that could be them if they ditched the Basque-only policy?

Is it true that Barca are only allocating 447 tickets to Atletico fans for the game tomorrow. VI?

98,000 capacity stadium. Absolutely pathetic from Barca if true.

:lol: Seems like a great plan if you want their fans to surround the stadium, like a siege.

Is it true that Barca are only allocating 447 tickets to Atletico fans for the game tomorrow. VI?

Don't all away fans in La Liga get a ridiculously low allocation?

Don't all away fans in La Liga get a ridiculously low allocation?

Yeah but 0.5%? :lol:

That's our standard allocation for away fans. If more tickets become available it's usually increased, even if there's rarely need for it since Spanish fans don't travel much.

Why should we give them more? This isn't a real cup final in a neutral venue, and the stadium will be full anyways.

Guest neesy111

Valencia have accepted a takeover bid from Singapore businessman Peter Lim.

Nice, really want them to sort oyt their finances and start challenging again.

He's fucking loaded like.

Know he's been linked to a few clubs in the past. Rangers and Boro IIRC.

Should help them out either way. Hope they get challenging in the CL places again next year.

What is the reason for low away followings in Spain? Seems bizarre.

Spanish clubs are traditionally hostile to away fans - prices are hysterical and allocations usually very low. For example I'd have to pay north of 90€ to watch Barça at any pitch other than Camp Nou, while I pay 45€ for similar tickets at home (I tend to sit near the away end for the banter).

Spain's also larger than England so travelling times are bigger too, which makes it difficult to arrange transportation if you want to travel cheap. I.e. it's a 6-hour bus ride from Barcelona to Madrid; the high-speed rail is less than half that but too expensive for most people.

Valencia have accepted a takeover bid from Singapore businessman Peter Lim.

Ah well, that's my alternate N-O team sorted then.

The guy apparently tried to buy a few PL teams before. Any word if he's a crook or a potentially good owner for them?

He's nothing like that Racing Santander(?) guy and is a reputable investor. Has a long-standing interest in football and does his bit to promote local football and players. Comes from a humble background, keeps a low profile and is very much down=to-earth. It's the first time he owns a football club after previous attempts to buy Liverpool and Atletico. Should be interesting how he deals with the club now that he finally gets one. He's no Abrahimovich but I think they are in safe hands.

Guessing they could start work again on the new stadium if the finance is there?

Planned for completion in 2019, their centenary. The ~150m raised from the sale of the Mestalla will go towards the new stadium fund. No idea if they are progressing with the former stadium blueprint, which looks amazing, or the revamped stadium project though.