The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Guest bimpy474

Benitez ? haha.

Left Liverpool with a poor lobsided squad, then took over at Inter from Jose and did absolutely terrible.

Let the fun begin.

Tbf to Benitez Liverpool was consistently top 4 under him and since he left they have not even got close.

I personally think he's better than given credit for, league aside he won everything there is to win at Liverpool and at Valencia he won La Liga twice( no mean feat at a club who is not one of the big 2) and at Inter he was sacked in November i think it was hardly enough time.

Guest bimpy474

Tbf to Benitez Liverpool was consistently top 4 under him and since he left they have not even got close.

I personally think he's better than given credit for, league aside he won everything there is to win at Liverpool and at Valencia he won La Liga twice( no mean feat at a club who is not one of the big 2) and at Inter he was sacked in November i think it was hardly enough time.

Benitez is done as a top manager, to think Gareth Barry was a better player than Alonso was mental. Then he had the front to moan that Alonso was showing no commitment to Liverpool over signing a new contract, despite trying to shift him 6 months earlier for Barry.

Benítez teams are all based on fitness, workrate and tactical discipline. Chelsea have bought Oscar, Hazard, Marin... they are moving away from that direction.

Benítez teams are all based on fitness, workrate and tactical discipline. Chelsea have bought Oscar, Hazard, Marin... they are moving away from that direction.

Not denying that just Benitez in general as a coach i agree he's not what Chelsea need.

Exactly, Chelsea's current squad doesn't seem to fit Benitez at all, which is why it would seem like such an utter waste of time to bring him in on a short term contract.