The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Football is weird.

So many games this season we've had 60% plus possession, and got nothing. Today we must have had about 30, yet put in a superb performance and thoroughly deserved to win. We'll still have ups and downs, it is a long term project and it isn't going to happen overnight. The fact pretty much 99 percent of our support gets this makes me happy.

Our youngest team in PL history today, average age 23. Oldest player Guzan at 28. Six academy products starting. It is a risky strategy relying on kids that much, but it's nice when it works.

I like what Lambert is trying to do. I like his style (keep the ball, pass, play through the middle), but the thing I like most is the "fight like fuck to get it back when you don't have it" ethos.

Our second goal today was after an 18 pass move, and the finish was blinding. Don't worry, I will be back bemoaning how shit we were pretty soon again, but the green shoots are definitely there, and so long as we're not relegated, I am more than happy to give the manager time.

Guest bimpy474

Football is weird.

So many games this season we've had 60% plus possession, and got nothing. Today we must have had about 30, yet put in a superb performance and thoroughly deserved to win. We'll still have ups and downs, it is a long term project and it isn't going to happen overnight. The fact pretty much 99 percent of our support gets this makes me happy.

Our youngest team in PL history today, average age 23. Oldest player Guzan at 28. Six academy products starting. It is a risky strategy relying on kids that much, but it's nice when it works.

I like what Lambert is trying to do. I like his style (keep the ball, pass, play through the middle), but the thing I like most is the "fight like fuck to get it back when you don't have it" ethos.

Our second goal today was after an 18 pass move, and the finish was blinding. Don't worry, I will be back bemoaning how shit we were pretty soon again, but the green shoots are definitely there, and so long as we're not relegated, I am more than happy to give the manager time.

Thats lovely but its rubbing our nose in it with how we're playing :lol:

:p

Wouldn't be a match at Anfield without a heartwarming tribute to someone. That bloke who died passed away on the 1st December, there was a match that day. But there was a moment's applause that week too, so this one had to be postponed.