The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

I know the keeper punched the ball away, but if a defender went in knee high, won the ball and took the player out even if unintentional, it's a red for dangerous play. Lloris knew Michu was coming, punched the ball, nearly knocked him out...is that not also dangerous play?

It's like when a keeper gets touched at a corner he wins the free-kick, yet he's quite able to jump through players with his knee up at chest height to claim a cross.

Probably one for the Pet Hates thread.

I know the keeper punched the ball away, but if a defender went in knee high, won the ball and took the player out even if unintentional, it's a red for dangerous play. Lloris knew Michu was coming, punched the ball, nearly knocked him out...is that not also dangerous play?

It's like when a keeper gets touched at a corner he wins the free-kick, yet he's quite able to jump through players with his knee up at chest height to claim a cross.

IMO that was a penalty. Yes the keeper should be going for it, but if you cant make the catch, you cant just punch a player full in the face like that.

Guest neesy111

It was a 50/50 challenge.

IMO that was a penalty. Yes the keeper should be going for it, but if you cant make the catch, you cant just punch a player full in the face like that.

He punched the ball, pretty sure it's his elbow that caught him.  Dangerous nonetheless mind.

He won clearly won the ball, just unfortunately followed through and collided with the attacker coming in.

Never a penalty in a million years. If a goalkeeper isn't allowed to do that, he might as well not be on the pitch.

Guest neesy111

He won clearly won the ball, just unfortunately followed through and collided with the attacker coming in.

Never a penalty in a million years. If a goalkeeper isn't allowed to do that, he might as well not be on the pitch.

:thup:

Guest bimpy474

Absolutely spot on. Its not a pen, he got the ball first and his arm did catch the player completely by accident. The only fault was the ref not stopping play immediately as the player was flattened.