The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Guest SweMatt

Zlatan just tried an amazing acrobatic back heel from a cross. Sure I heard the commentators mention Laurent Robert afterwards  :aww:

YouTube compilation of Laurent Robert

About 58 seconds into this clip?[/i]

Martinez really proves that you can still implement a style of football that is nice to watch even with below average players.

Like said earlier, if Pardew goes, we have to go for him. I know its not the easiest because of Mikes and Whelans relation...

Guest neesy111

Walcott playing upfront again? Is Wenger folding to get him to sign a new contract?

Possibly but it's also his best position IMO.

Walcott playing upfront again? Is Wenger folding to get him to sign a new contract?

He's not good enough to play upfront by himself in my opinion. (look at him scoring 3 today because I said that)

He's not good enough to play upfront by himself in my opinion. (look at him scoring 3 today because I said that)

That's my opinion too, he isn't a good enough finisher to play sole striker.

Haven't been watching this game in particular but controversial opinion time:

Jack Wilshere is overrated.

Don't get me wrong. He's a very good player and I think if he continues in his current direction, he'll become one of Europe's very best players. I certainly hope he will anyway.

But I get the impression people generally seem to think he's already there? That's certainly the opinion I pick up from the media, fans, even on here. I don't see it, currently. I think in part his ability is exaggerated due to players of his style and quality not usually coming from these shores. So when he comes along, he's seen as something remarkable.

Maybe I'm not gauging the general opinion accurately.