The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Feel sorry for Southampton, at least they can go home knowing they played their best.

A win for city! happy with that

How long has City been your second team, if you don't mind me asking?

Piss off Jaxer man :lol:

Eh? What if they've been his second club long before they got taken over? Is he supposed to stop caring just because they're rich?

:jesuswept:

Full disclosure: Pip is a disgraceful bandwagon fan.

It's all a bit harsh on Mike, though.

Do you have no affinity for Leeds at all, Dave?

Do you see - along those lines, even though it might not apply to you - why it might be possible for someone to like other clubs too?

The football club? Nope.

Guest firetotheworks

When it comes to teams I admire, I'm always a fairweather fan. If Barca started playing like Stoke, I'd no longer care.

Fair enough. I know quite a few people from my uni days who'll have clubs that they follow for family/hometown/origins etc reasons, even though they actually genuinely support another club.

That tends to be lower league clubs though, surely? Clubs that are in desperate need of the added support.

I can't see how anybody could actively support Man City unless you have always supported them.

Guest bimpy474

When it comes to teams I admire, I'm always a fairweather fan. If Barca started playing like Stoke, I'd no longer care.

But if Sunderland as we know they will according to Artie, start playing like Barca, is that going to be a bit of a conundrum.

Guest firetotheworks

I also think there's nothing to admire about a team that are basically the football version of the Gallaghers from Shameless winning the lottery.

Fair enough. I know quite a few people from my uni days who'll have clubs that they follow for family/hometown/origins etc reasons, even though they actually genuinely support another club.

That tends to be lower league clubs though, surely? Clubs that are in desperate need of the added support.

I can't see how anybody could actively support Man City unless you have always supported them.

I don't think he supports them, though. He's an enthusiast.

I'm a Bills fan, but I'm a Giants enthusiast.

I'm a Knicks fan, but I don't mind watching the Spurs.

When Newcastle play City, he'll be all for Newcastle.