Adam Campbell released

gbandit

Guest Roger Kint

Go on loan and get plenty of match experience, no brainer really.

Give him a Championship loan til January and see how he gets on from there.

Okie, on the phone to Joe right away!

I think he needs to go to League 1. Don't think many teams will play a kid who has gotten couple sub appearances. He'll need 2-year of loaning. If he does well in League 1 a Championship team will snap him up the following season. Still a very raw player.

His sitting on the bench deprived him of even reserve matches last season. In the end, he didn't even play much in the 1st team.

If we seriously want to develop him, he has to go on loan.

He needs to be playing regular football rather than sitting on the bench getting no time in the pitch

Send him to a team that will give him plenty of games BUT I suspect we will handle him badly,  we haven't used the loan system well

He'll waste another year by making about 10 first team appearances (8 off the bench and 2 starts in the cup if you were wondering).

Agree that he'll probably stay with us (due to our lack of depth in forward positions). Hopefully he has the talent to make an impact for us when he does get a chance- I've been very impressed with the little I've seen of him.

I can see the sense of a loan move but at the same time we don't have another striker quite like him. He looks a useful option to have around.

Aye but only if we're actually going to use him.

Being an unused sub is a canny thing for a few weeks, because it gets him settled into the matchday routine and used to doing away trips with the first team squad etc. After that though it's an absolute waste of time if we just put bloody Shola on anyway instead of him.

I can see the sense of a loan move but at the same time we don't have another striker quite like him. He looks a useful option to have around.

Aye but only if we're actually going to use him.

Being an unused sub is a canny thing for a few weeks, because it gets him settled into the matchday routine and used to doing away trips with the first team squad etc. After that though it's an absolute waste of time if we just put bloody Shola on anyway instead of him.

This frustrated me quite a bit last season actually. Games when we could have really used that pace in the dying moments of a game and he'd bring Shola on.

Shouldn't be required to stick around to be used here before he's ready, needs a loan for his own development. Hate that he may be used as an excuse not to strengthen up front, we're ridiculously thin up top.

I think what will happen is he'll spend the first half of the season here getting the odd sub appearance, if he makes a big enough impact his role will gradually increase and if not he'll get a League One/SPL loan in January.

• 3 weeks later...