Adam Campbell released

gbandit

He isn't good enough, he wont ver make it. its virtually guaranteed.

OK maybe we wont get a massive fee, we never will, cos he ain't very good.

Couldnt agree more we need 1 or maybe 2 strikers. Remy, Cisse, Shola and ANother for next season..Ideally no shola but that isnt likely is it, he's here forever...

Remy: we have to sign and if we don't, if we IE the manager, directors and owner can't sell NUFC to him them they should all be shot at dawn. at this stage in his carreer we are perfect for him.

Lets be honest here, what is the more likely?......... Campbell plays for Spurs, Chelsea, Man Utd or ANother high ranking EPL side (EPL, English Premier League; for TT (as usual at his insulting and disaparaging best), or he ends up playing for St Mirren, Falkirk, Dunfermline, Wolves, Peterborough and eventually Hartlepool or Darlo??

I know where my money is on..and if I am wrong then so be it.

I will pop down/up/across/over and buy pilko all the beer he can drink for a night..

:lol:

You're perfectly entitled to think he won't make it, I'm not 100% convinced that he will myself - just think it's daft binning him off at this moment right now when his development could really kick on with this loan spell (see also: Dummett).

Yep would sell Dummett too tbh.

I expect campbell to do quite well up here in all honesty, cos the level is pish.. Doesn't mean I think he will vere be good enouhg for us or to play in the EPL

How many of these type of 'kids' have we had that have actually gone on to get into the 1st team in recent years? whats the point?

I just don't get the point in fannying about with them..so to speak..in a non Ian W way..

How many of these type of 'kids' have we had that have actually gone on to get into the 1st team in recent years? whats the point?

We've not won a trophy for a few years either so should we just resign from the FA Cup and save everyone the bother tomorrow? What a defeatist attitude. :lol:

He isn't good enough, he wont ver make it. its virtually guaranteed.

OK maybe we wont get a massive fee, we never will, cos he ain't very good.

Couldnt agree more we need 1 or maybe 2 strikers. Remy, Cisse, Shola and ANother for next season..Ideally no shola but that isnt likely is it, he's here forever...

Remy: we have to sign and if we don't, if we IE the manager, directors and owner can't sell NUFC to him them they should all be shot at dawn. at this stage in his carreer we are perfect for him.

Lets be honest here, what is the more likely?......... Campbell plays for Spurs, Chelsea, Man Utd or ANother high ranking EPL side (EPL, English Premier League; for TT (as usual at his insulting and disaparaging best), or he ends up playing for St Mirren, Falkirk, Dunfermline, Wolves, Peterborough and eventually Hartlepool or Darlo??

I know where my money is on..and if I am wrong then so be it.

I will pop down/up/across/over and buy pilko all the beer he can drink for a night..

Could be said for any of our youth players, should we sell them all?

Hang on, you have already answered this, yes we should :lol:

So we just scrap the youth system entirely?

Yep would sell Dummett too tbh.

I expect campbell to do quite well up here in all honesty, cos the level is pish.. Doesn't mean I think he will vere be good enouhg for us or to play in the EPL

I just don't get the point in fannying about with them..so to speak..in a non Ian W way..

Well Andy Carroll illustrates 35,000,000 points. Whatever.

Secondly, Campbell has achieved considerably more than most of our young prospects. Krul made his debut at a similar age took, him a while to be our number one.

Such a myopic and ignorant view of youth development.

Its pretty obvious after having seen a kid play a few times if he's gonna make it or not. or if there is something about him that makes him stand out...

Anyone who saw Gazza, spotty Mcdonald, Watson, Elliott could see they had something.

I would imagine out of 100 you may get 5 that are gonna make it.

all I'm saying is why fanny about for 4/5/6 years with someone who clearly hasnt got it.

How long did we piss about with Huntington? Tavernier etc..

Of course you will always get an Ian Wright who burns everyones fingers..but surely the job of the academy is to spot potential, develop it, review it and assess it..if it isnt meeting the standard get it out and get the next one or next batch in..

Im not saying they arent all gonna have careers or even some make it at the level we are supposed to be operating at.

Just that those responsible should be making decisions faster, moving the dead wood out and get the fresh kids in to look at sooner.

Krul was obviously good enough. I saw the lad a lot up here for Falkirk, that was a good loan , a good development progression...He clearly and visibly had that soemthing.

I just dont see the point in delaying the inevitable with some of them..thats all.

Look at someone like Andros Townsend, the lad has been on loan about 10 times over the space of 3 or 4 seasons before making an impact with Spurs this year, just because a player isn't showing an immediate ability to be a first team regular at the age of 18 doesn't mean they aren't worth persevering with. I wouldn't say that when Campbell has had first team opportunities that he's looked totally out of place, he's not ready yet but what 18 year olds are? Just because he's not showing Wayne Rooney type ability at this age doesn't mean we should discard him as a waste of time, money and coaching resources.

Burn them all I say, wait until the rest have retired then jack it all in. It has been absolutely ages since we sold someone for a British record fee (which we probably bought half the current squad with).

BURN THEM ALL!

All joking aside, yes most won't make it but I don't know how we can judge so early. As mentioned before a fair few had ruled out Carroll and couldn't believe we had received a £4m bid, some players just need that one moment where it all changes for them.

My mate got a season ticket and goes with my flatmate. So far he's been working 5/7 Saturday's so I just give him a tenner and use his season ticket. Mint seeing a team that wins all the time and it's a good atmosphere!

Football is gash though. Motherwell have had a series of hilariously bad keepers. Lee Hollis, Gunnar Neilsen etc - they've resorted to Dan Tzardik who looks about 12. Going to the Caley Thistle game on Sat.

So in short - yes f*** off

:lol: I watch them almost every weekend by hook or by crook (not in person). Think Twardzik's been canny since coming in! Nielsen was plop, though.

Lionel Ainsworth looked electric on New Year's Day and I love a bit of Keith Lasley/John Sutton, so hope you keep winning :aww:

PS: Not forgetting Wallsend Boys Club product Shaun Hutchinson either.

Ha, I had no idea. You should come down for a game - always have a good day out at the very least.

May I ask why you watch them so much?

John Sutton is hilarious, he's a cult hero. I think I've seen him touch the ball with his feet under 10 times. He's one of the best I've seen in the air, though. He pretty much refuses to use his feet ever

Look at someone like Andros Townsend, the lad has been on loan about 10 times over the space of 3 or 4 seasons before making an impact with Spurs this year, just because a player isn't showing an immediate ability to be a first team regular at the age of 18 doesn't mean they aren't worth persevering with. I wouldn't say that when Campbell has had first team opportunities that he's looked totally out of place, he's not ready yet but what 18 year olds are? Just because he's not showing Wayne Rooney type ability at this age doesn't mean we should discard him as a waste of time, money and coaching resources.

Very fair point and I see the likes of Townsend as the exception rather than the rule.

The way I see it we seem to be setting oursleves up to fail rather than succeed in relation to youth development.

Shays Given was making the point about scrapping the youth set up..what I am saying is lets have one that actually functions properly. One that functions without sentimentality and that expects and demands to succeed not fail.

If we can see that these kids arent developing to the level we need them then YES I think we shouild be binning them much sooner than we are and have done in recent times..What's the alternative " Oh boss we have this kid. I reckon in 4 years time at the age of 21/20 he will be good enough for league 1!"...which is largely what is happening now and has been for a few years...If we can't spot how a player is or isn't developing in 1/2/3 years then by christ there is something wrong with whoever is evaliuating that progress surely?

Our youth set up isn't for developing players who can perform at Darlo. Kilmarnock or Hartlepool in 3/4 years time and we should be able to spot this sooner imo, react to the non developing players, get rid of em and focus on trying to get the 5% 0r 3% that actually will make it...

I would add the likes of Sammi Ameobi to the mix..not good enough..imo.

Time will tell with Campbell. For me hasn't got it in him.

My mate got a season ticket and goes with my flatmate. So far he's been working 5/7 Saturday's so I just give him a tenner and use his season ticket. Mint seeing a team that wins all the time and it's a good atmosphere!

Football is gash though. Motherwell have had a series of hilariously bad keepers. Lee Hollis, Gunnar Neilsen etc - they've resorted to Dan Tzardik who looks about 12. Going to the Caley Thistle game on Sat.

So in short - yes f*** off

:lol: I watch them almost every weekend by hook or by crook (not in person). Think Twardzik's been canny since coming in! Nielsen was plop, though.

Lionel Ainsworth looked electric on New Year's Day and I love a bit of Keith Lasley/John Sutton, so hope you keep winning :aww:

PS: Not forgetting Wallsend Boys Club product Shaun Hutchinson either.

Ha, I had no idea. You should come down for a game - always have a good day out at the very least.

May I ask why you watch them so much?

John Sutton is hilarious, he's a cult hero. I think I've seen him touch the ball with his feet under 10 times. He's one of the best I've seen in the air, though. He pretty much refuses to use his feet ever

:laugh:

Only recently realised he was Chris Sutton's brother, which makes him all the better.

Selling any youngster with a modicum of potential (eg in this case capped at youth levels) when they're 19 (by 2 fucking days in this case) is totally pointless, at least while the loan system is place. Honestly a nonsense, even if you don't play them if you loan them out and prove themselves their value goes up and you make more back to plough into the youth system/other players. Who was that players the mackems had? Waghorn? He was never gonna be good enough for them but they ended up getting £3 million or so for him because he did well at Leicester. Absolutely nothing to say at the very least Campbell couldn't fetch the same even if he doesn't make the grade here.

He's 19, there's every chance he can make it. The poor cunt only made his first full start in football yesterday and he's written off :lol:

Selling any youngster with a modicum of potential (eg in this case capped at youth levels) when they're 19 (by 2 fucking days in this case) is totally pointless, at least while the loan system is place. Honestly a nonsense, even if you don't play them if you loan them out and prove themselves their value goes up and you make more back to plough into the youth system/other players. Who was that players the mackems had? Waghorn? He was never gonna be good enough for them but they ended up getting £3 million or so for him because he did well at Leicester. Absolutely nothing to say at the very least Campbell couldn't fetch the same even if he doesn't make the grade here.

He's 19, there's every chance he can make it. The poor cunt only made his first full start in football yesterday and he's written off :lol:

By one complete loon. Thankfully it's a minor case, we should stick him in quarantine just to make sure he's not Mr Flibble nuts.

I can't say I have seen much of Campbell so I can't say if I think he will or won't make it.

At a similar age Carroll wasn't pulling up any tree's either,  he only got a few cameo appearance in our side because of injuries to other players. In the Championship he only managed to get into the first team because we had no manger and din't bring anyone in on to replace the players we did lose.

Guest bimpy474

Never said scrap the academy, ffs!

Pointless trying to explain my position. As usual TT just wades in with insults.

If we get £3m for Campbell I will eat my hat.

What hat do you own ?

I can't say I have seen much of Campbell so I can't say if I think he will or won't make it.

At a similar age Carroll wasn't pulling up any tree's either,  he only got a few cameo appearance in our side because of injuries to other players. In the Championship he only managed to get into the first team because we had no manger and din't bring anyone in on to replace the players we did lose.

Carroll had his height and physique in his favour -  some managers/teams will always want a big strong CF, even if he isn't the best in the skills dept although Carroll was not too bad in that respect ; Campbell is small and small forwards have to be really good to make an impact. KK himself went in for intensive body-building whilst at Scunthorpe as a teenager and even he is taller than Campbell is now.

Never said scrap the academy, ffs!

Pointless trying to explain my position. As usual TT just wades in with insults.

If we get £3m for Campbell I will eat my hat.

I can't believe you expect anything more than that after writing off a teenager after one game in which he's scored. It's dumb, the whole conversation is thick beyond belief. You are an absolute joke that thankfully no fucker gets. You've been totally panned here, not just by me, by everyone with any bit of sense knocking about in their head.

Maybe you just wanted attention? It's the only reason I can think of someone coming up with such a moronic opinion unless they are a WUM. So attention, WUM or thick, whatever your deal is, ridicule is remedy - don't blame sane people for reacting like that.