Alan Pardew

Dave

It's pointless discussing the eight-year-contract, it has no baring on anything. The reasons for why that was done were totally sensible and justified.

:lol: Really?  The only top flight manager I can remember getting such a long contract in 20 years and it's totally sensible?  Do agree there's little point in dwelling on it, but it was a strange call and that can't be questioned.

As bizarre as it sounds the pairing of Best and Ba as the former as the muscle worked far better than Cisse and Ba. The two Sengalese are just clueless as a pairing.

It's really part of the problem as at as I can see.

If only we could get the drive to attack of the first season back in the Prem to mix with Pards' defensive organization.

Our attack wasnt even that fantastic last season, it relied on individual brilliance majority of the time. Bar a few games: West Brom away, Stoke home, Liverpool home.

It's pointless discussing the eight-year-contract, it has no baring on anything. The reasons for why that was done were totally sensible and justified.

:lol: Really?  The only top flight manager I can remember getting such a long contract in 20 years and it's totally sensible?  Do agree there's little point in dwelling on it, but it was a strange call and that can't be questioned.

Don't underrate stability.

As bizarre as it sounds the pairing of Best and Ba as the former as the muscle worked far better than Cisse and Ba. The two Sengalese are just clueless as a pairing.

It's really part of the problem as at as I can see.

Of course it did but that's not really the point is it.... we shouldn't be playing like we have Best and Ba we don't have the players to play this way.

Pardew is setting us up like we still had R.Taylor and Simpson at fullback, Jonas and Obertan on the wings and Best and Ba upfront.

We don't have the players to play this way he needs to adapt to the players he has and not restricting by making us play a way that clearly doesn't suit us.

Aye, that'll be why Man Utd, Arsenal and Everton give their manager 8 year contracts.  It was a strange decision which might end up having the opposite effect than that intended.  You 100% don't need to give your manager an 8 year contract to aid stability.

If only we could get the drive to attack of the first season back in the Prem to mix with Pards' defensive organization.

Our attack wasnt even that fantastic last season, it relied on individual brilliance majority of the time. Bar a few games: West Brom away, Stoke home, Liverpool home.

I meant Chrissy's season. :lol:

I meant Chrissy's season. :lol:

Ohh then we would just be like West Ham.

Stability is fine, but there will come a point where our better footballers are going to get demoralised by a style of play which makes them look shit. Cabaye, Cisse and Ben Arfa would fall into this category.

Some players are repeatedly letting him down in fairness.

When are you going to crawl out of his arse?

I think I've been very fair tbh. He needs to take responsibility for the poor performances but players like Cisse, Cabaye and Tiote have all been poor this season. There's no real argument against that.

That's because they're footballers and need a side set up to play football. How good do you think Rooney or Nani would look if Man sat back and whacked the ball long rather than push forward and play passing football?

Obviously our style has never been particularly attractive, but it's the same tactics as last year and questions do have to be asked why the players are suddenly playing like s***.

Our style was awful last season as well until the second half of the season where we stumbled onto a winning formula. Pardew knows how to set teams up defensively and that's his limit. After that, how to get the ball from defence to attack is purely down to the players to work out on the day by the look of it.

actually thats down to John Carver,  he mentioned it in a interview, Pards does the defensive organization for a few days then Carver himself take over and organize how to break the opposition down.

you got to think, why is the manager himself not competent to do both?

If things don't change fast we'll be heading for a mid table finish, which will leave us vulnerable next summer when it comes to keeping our best players. Next weekend is a massive game, anything less than a win and we're fucked.

Aye, that'll be why Man Utd, Arsenal and Everton give their manager 8 year contracts.  It was a strange decision which might end up having the opposite effect than that intended.  You 100% don't need to give your manager an 8 year contract to aid stability.

Howay don't get sarcy.

I just think it's a pointless discussion and far too early to be calling it a bad decision. Aye we're playing shite, but today is the first truly shit result in the season, and we've seen clear evidence of Pardew changing things. His philosophy so far this season is wrong but it's irksome when people are labelling him one-dimensional and 'not going to change'; because he has done as recently as earlier this year.

Howay don't get sarcy.

I just think it's a pointless discussion and far too early to be calling it a bad decision. Aye we're playing s****, but today is the first truly s*** result in the season, and we've seen clear evidence of Pardew changing things. His philosophy so far this season is wrong but it's irksome when people are labelling him one-dimensional and 'not going to change'; because he has done as recently as earlier this year.

Aye. As said in the match thread, our s*** shows have really been buried under decent results. This hopefully hits us like cold water to the face.

Guest Dontooner

Seriously, Pardew is a defend 1st manager, and is suited to the traditional English game with long balls and crosses. When we were flying last season , i kept implying we play "Hoof and Cross Pardew" footy. The Stats still add up, we dont score many goals by opening up teams or many other type of goals. Our attacking variation is ridiculously little and as many have started to pick up on we have no style at all. Well he is here to stay, just hope he employs a second man.

Howay don't get sarcy.

I just think it's a pointless discussion and far too early to be calling it a bad decision. Aye we're playing s****, but today is the first truly s*** result in the season, and we've seen clear evidence of Pardew changing things. His philosophy so far this season is wrong but it's irksome when people are labelling him one-dimensional and 'not going to change'; because he has done as recently as earlier this year.

Aye. As said in the match thread, our s*** shows have really been buried under decent results. This hopefully hits us like cold water to the face.

Aye, the results have papered over the cracks of performances that haven't been good enough. Hopefully this, as you say, will enforce the belief in the dressing room (and manager's office) that we are not playing well enough.

I cant wait for the day that this absolute clown leaves us. He's a terrible excuse for a manager. He brings an absolutely disgusting brand of football to this club.

Give him till the end of the season and he can go fuck himself. Oh, wait, he's on an 8 year contract isn't he? Not going to happen. Unfortunately Mr. Ashley, your blind-hopefully stabs at success only last so long.

Pardew actually made Fat Sam look good today. I'm sick of this bullshit.

I cant wait for the day that this absolute clown leaves us. He's a terrible excuse for a manager. He brings an absolutely disgusting brand of football to this club.

Give him till the end of the season and he can go fuck himself. Oh, wait, he's on an 8 year contract isn't he? Not going to happen. Unfortunately Mr. Ashley, your blind-hopefully stabs at success only last so long.

For Gods sake shut up. Did last year not earn the bloke any sort of credit. It's been a shitty hangover esque season so far but there's no real justification for that bile after he took a recently promoted side to one game from the Chmpionship League places.

For Gods sake shut up. Did last year not earn the bloke any sort of credit. It's been a shitty hangover esque season so far but there's no real justification for that bile after he took a recently promoted side to one game from the Chmpionship League places.

:thup:

Some players are repeatedly letting him down in fairness.

When are you going to crawl out of his arse?

I think I've been very fair tbh. He needs to take responsibility for the poor performances but players like Cisse, Cabaye and Tiote have all been poor this season. There's no real argument against that.

That's because they're footballers and need a side set up to play football. How good do you think Rooney or Nani would look if Man sat back and whacked the ball long rather than push forward and play passing football?

Obviously our style has never been particularly attractive, but it's the same tactics as last year and questions do have to be asked why the players are suddenly playing like s***.

Our style was awful last season as well until the second half of the season where we stumbled onto a winning formula. Pardew knows how to set teams up defensively and that's his limit. After that, how to get the ball from defence to attack is purely down to the players to work out on the day by the look of it.

actually thats down to John Carver,  he mentioned it in a interview, Pards does the defensive organization for a few days then Carver himself take over and organize how to break the opposition down.

you got to think, why is the manager himself not competent to do both?

No wonder we look confused. I'm not sure if that's true, but the way we play with no interaction between the defense and forwards makes you think it might be.