Alan Pardew

Dave

If you need to have a "muscle" player up front then you're doing something seriously wrong IMO.

Yeah perhaps, I just think Best was a good foil for Ba in a way that Cisse just isn't. The only way the two seem to function together is if Ba goes wide but then we risk him taking the huff and buggering off in January.

Guest palnese

You go backwards when you don't improve your team, we didn't improve ours and this is a consequence of that.

No excuse for his piss poor tactics.

Very interested in what he has to say about that nonsense today like.

If he wants an credibility he has to come out saying that we have gone about this season the wrong way and as he is the manager he has to accept the blame. If he says that they will go back to the drawing board and get it right then you hope for the best.

More likely he will blend together a number of reasons and not dare admit it's down to him. Suspensions, injuries, Europe League tiredness will be peppered in to us being unlucky and not clicking like we did last year.

I wonder what s*** he's going to come out with tonight? He hasn't got a clue at the minute.

Guy on another forum who edits highlight packages:

Just listened to the Pardew interview. Bullet points

- Didn't blame the Europa League game. Said it had nothing to do with it

- Said it was difficult to deal with West Ham's style of play

- We needed a break and didn't get one

- We had a lot of players 'carrying knocks'. Twice mentioned losing Colo and Tiote

- Said we haven't been able to field our strongest XI once this season because of injuries etc

No difficult questions at all. Smiling his way through it. Wasn't angry. Said Swansea is a big game coming up

You go backwards when you don't improve your team, we didn't improve ours and this is a consequence of that.

Yep said that since the summer. Pardew isn't helping himself at the minute but his overloads shat in his lap in the summer by failing to release funds for vital positions. Can't help but feel what have been if we'd added Carroll and Debuchy instead of another central midfielder.

Otter this has been coming since last year though. The concerns that were being screamed for most of last season are the ones that are the problem at the moment.

I cannot believe anyone thinks this hasn't been coming. Last season was great in terms of results but nobody can tell me we were a really good side or that we didn't churn out some very rotten performances. Functional and clinical is about it.

I cant wait for the day that this absolute clown leaves us. He's a terrible excuse for a manager. He brings an absolutely disgusting brand of football to this club.

Give him till the end of the season and he can go f*** himself. Oh, wait, he's on an 8 year contract isn't he? Not going to happen. Unfortunately Mr. Ashley, your blind-hopefully stabs at success only last so long.

Pardew actually made Fat Sam look good today. I'm sick of this bullshit.

For Gods sake shut up. Did last year not earn the bloke any sort of credit. It's been a shitty hangover esque season so far but there's no real justification for that bile after he took a recently promoted side to one game from the Chmpionship League places.

Oh get a grip man, for god sake. I'm quite surprised you don't agree, considering you're one of the most negative people on this board! Oh wow, LAST SEASON we managed to wriggle our way into the top 5. Yeah, that was great I agree. But we did it playing shit football for 3/4's of the season and its carried over into this season and gotten worse.

It's not a shitty hangover ffs. ALL SEASON we've been limping through games, I haven't seen us play one convincing game this season or where we've even attempted to play good football. We cling on and hoof the ball into the box and try and poke away the scraps. That's it, that's all we do. And that's all because of Pardew. He's had long enough to implicate his own theories and style of play, which, if he has, are abysmal. He's winging this.

Don't give me that 'but last season we were brilliant' crap.

Otter this has been coming since last year though. The concerns that were being screamed for most of last season are the ones that are the problem at the moment.

I cannot believe anyone thinks this hasn't been coming. Last season was great in terms of results but nobody can tell me we were a really good side or that we didn't churn out some very rotten performances. Functional and clinical is about it.

:thup:

Very interested in what he has to say about that nonsense today like.

- Thought we had some good chances, if we took one we could have won.

- Mention the possible penalty.

- Mention the ball over the line incident.

- Mention how good Nolan is at scoring goals.

- Such a shame that we lost Jonas.

- On another day we could have won.

- Rebuild and look to a tough game next weekend.

It'll be along those lines.

He seems to have done barely anything to address obvious failings in the team. Can't understand him at all atm, the team spirit from last season has gone as well as any tactical nous. He was always bit of a conservative manager but we still seem to have regressed significantly.

Worryingly, didn't a load of West Ham and Charlton fans predict this?  Great start, but within a season or two there will be questionable tactics and decisions and the results will drop off.  Plenty said he's a one trick pony, I just wrote it off as bitterness on their part TBH.

But it has to be said, their analysis looks to be pretty accurate.

What he should say:

"A really disappointing result in a game that we had targeted three points. Injuries and suspensions have hurt us but we had a team out there capable of winning the game. We just never got going and as the game went on we ran out of steam and ideas. I think a few of our olayers just didnt turn up and thats what we'll look at this week. A frustrating day but we've got a free week to prepare for Swansea."

If he talks about Brugge tiring the squad out then he deserves the flack he'll no doubt get because virtually all of our big guns weren't hugely involved in Belgium.

Worryingly, didn't a load of West Ham and Charlton fans predict this?  Great start, but within a season or two there will be questionable tactics and decisions and the results will drop off.  Plenty said he's a one trick pony, I just wrote it off as bitterness on their part TBH.

But it has to be said, their analysis looks to be pretty accurate.

Just like brummie with MON and he was spot on.

Wolves at home last season really cemented it for me that he just isn't up to it. We're still playing with the likes of Simpson and Williamson and it's holding us back massively, however that's more down to the people above Pardew. Still, no one else would be worse than either of those two, especially Williamson.

As long as Ashley's here and we're floating around mid-table/10th-8th then he's not going anywhere.

Spot on, this seasons performances are mirroring last seasons without the lucky results.

Yep there were plenty of people voicing these concerns last season whereas others were just happy to be picking up the points. If you don't address these issues then this is what happens.

Spot on, this seasons performances are mirroring last seasons without the lucky results.

It's a valid point but after the 5 - 0 bumming away at Spurs I thought we turned a corner to our game and that would evolve and develop this season with Anita adding to that. Going backwards this much and for so long didn't feel likely.

Guest Dontooner

Well i got shot down last year for saying those things, hope it is clearer for some now. No team can perform by scrapping wins with no drills or tactics. Fundamentals will still catch up to you, Kodak by not going Digital still went bankrupt. 

Yes I quite agree. I've long since said we hugely punched above our weight last year and this year would inevitably see slippage. I think I said in the summer to savour the season and buy the DVD as under Ashley that's as good as it would get. I didn't anticipate the slip being quite as bad but I'm under no illusions that we rolled with luck last year in terms of injuries and things going our way. There was some top results last year but very few games I actually enjoyed until the final whistle and I could bask in the result. More often than not we got through games and took points despite often being on the back foot.