Alan Pardew

Dave

Most of the stale symptoms of the team at present are down to lack of investment in the team in summer from "Dekka" and Ashley. We did wonders to finish 5th but they took a chance and hoped we replicate that kind of form this season. So far this "approach" has proved completely fool hardy. We had a chance to kick on and didn't take it.

If you need to have a "muscle" player up front then you're doing something seriously wrong IMO.

Very true. My heart sank when I saw Shola coming on at half time. I know Cisse was poor and apparently had a problem(?), but it was so clear what our intention would be for the rest of the game.

He wants to bypass the midfield and go from there rather than trying to get us to play football. Typified by our chase for Carroll over the summer. Very depressing.

Guest bimpy474

I think we need a technical coach to help him. Stone/Carver is just jobs for the boys stuff.

If that is so and he cant see that himself, then he isn't good enough for the level he is currently aiming at.

If you need to have a "muscle" player up front then you're doing something seriously wrong IMO.

Very true. My heart sank when I saw Shola coming on at half time. I know Cisse was poor and apparently had a problem(?), but it was so clear what our intention would be for the rest of the game.

He wants to bypass the midfield and go from there rather than trying to get us to play football. Typified by our chase for Carroll over the summer. Very depressing.

Tend to agree with that. There just seems to be no gameplan at the minute.

One thing I would say is that it won't take the crowd long to turn on Pardew imho. I hope for everyone concerned we put in a comprehensive performance against Swansea, muddle through to Jan and he get's to see some investment.

I think we need a technical coach to help him. Stone/Carver is just jobs for the boys stuff.

If that is so and he cant see that himself, then he isn't good enough for the level he is currently aiming at.

But what is that level Bimpy? I get the impression that DL and MA would be happy to consolidate this year with an average season/top 10.

The lack of investment tells you that.

One thing I would say is that it won't take the crowd long to turn on Pardew imho.

I already am to a certain degree. Really cannot stand seeing him waste these fantastic players week after week. Unfortunately I can see the players going before he does.

The club would be happier finishing outside a European slot this season than in one unless it's the Champions League, less pressure to invest and less games for the squad to cope with.

Imagine Bobby Robson complaining about having to play in Europe man, really pisses me off that shite.

The club would be happier finishing outside a European slot this season than in one unless it's the Champions League, less pressure to invest and less games for the squad to cope with.

Imagine Bobby Robson complaining about having to play in Europe man, really pisses me off that s****.

what cack, and robson did often say about having the extra games was a problem but a one he was pleased to have.

He needs to find some answers pretty quickly if he's going to turn this around. The situation baffles me. There is no logic to consistently picking players and forcing them into a formation that doesn't suit them. ESPECIALLY when a different system has already proved very successful with the same group of players.

Why persist with it. It doesn't work. Only a fucking idiot attempts the same thing repeatedly and expects different results.

Just fucking sort it Pardew, or at least have a go at changing it ffs.

He needs to find some answers pretty quickly if he's going to turn this around. The situation baffles me. There is no logic to consistently picking players and forcing them into a formation that doesn't suit them. ESPECIALLY when a different system has already proved very successful with the same group of players.

Why persist with it. It doesn't work. Only a f***ing idiot attempts the same thing repeatedly and expects different results.

Just f***ing sort it Pardew, or at least have a go at changing it ffs.

einstein if i'm not mistaken

what cack, and robson did often say about having the extra games was a problem but a one he was pleased to have.

Bobby managed the situation and he didn't have a team for Europe and a team for the league.

Guest bimpy474

But what is that level Bimpy? I get the impression that DL and MA would be happy to consolidate this year with an average season/top 10.

What he tells us mate, he keeps saying we are aiming at the Champons League this season. If he cant see he is becoming as limited as the squad in achiving that.

Most of the stale symptoms of the team at present are down to lack of investment in the team in summer from "Dekka" and Ashley. We did wonders to finish 5th but they took a chance and hoped we replicate that kind of form this season. So far this "approach" has proved completely fool hardy. We had a chance to kick on and didn't take it.

nah we were negative last season but scrapped wins n draws...this time itz gone the other way...if you play negatuve football infrint of 52k you had better make sure you win...best way to control a game is to score.

One thing I would say is that it won't take the crowd long to turn on Pardew imho.

I already am to a certain degree. Really cannot stand seeing him waste these fantastic players week after week. Unfortunately I can see the players going before he does.

I've been one of his biggest critics but have also given credit where due. As it is now, he seems insistent on putting round pegs in square holes and not playing to the strengths of individuals.

Arguably, we've got the best bunch of individuals since the SBR days and he doesn't seem to have a fucking clue how to apply them.

Compare that to a Wigan or WBA who don't have one player you'd consider 'top class' and it's absolutely frightening.

Krul, Colo, Cabaye, Tiote, Cisse, BA, HBA, Santon - all absolutely top, top players and he can't find a system or style.

If you turn up to watch Wigan, you know what you're gonna get.

We don't know what will turn up one week to the next, all we're guaranteed is that there will be absolutely no fluidity to the team.

Only once in two years have we seen it and that was WBA away last year.

He's got 8 fucking years. He's never going to be at risk due to results. His only risk is falling out with MA.

Choose a fucking system, choose a fucking style and apply the bastard.

I'd rather be entertained and know there was some thought and long term planning to our club than turn up every week and watch firefighting dross worried about shite teams like WHU.

What he tells us mate, he keeps saying we are aiming at the Champons League this season. If he cant see he is becoming as limited as the squad in achiving that.

I'm not intending to do anybody down or belittle the squad but we were incredibly lucky in some games last year. It was just one of those seasons where we seemed to get the breaks and bounces. Not that this slice of luck wasn't long overdue btw.

But with that, the investment Chelsea have made, the remergence of Everton, the Martin Jol appointment and subsequent investment at Fulham I just can't see us emulating last season for many a long year.

It's safe to say it would take a lot of lucky bounces each season to finish above any of Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Everton given the way they have invested and, Everton aside, will continue to invest.

We're effectively playing for 5th/6th and hoping for a few breaks here and there.

Guest bimpy474

I'm with a few on here who say it isn't the formation as such, When Man Utd use different tactics, they still keep the ball even if a certain formation isn't working.

Our problem is lack of movement and utter inability to keep the ball, oh yeah and i see our set penises have got no better, i mean how many more free kicks or corners does Cabaye have to take to see his delivery is shocking.

Guest neesy111

We also play ridiculously deep, which means Ba and Cisse basically receive the ball at the hall way line most of the time when we start attacking.

I'm with a few on here who say it isn't the formation as such, When Man Utd use different tactics, they still keep the ball even if a certain formation isn't working.

Our problem is lack of movement and utter inability to keep the ball, oh yeah and i see our set penises have got no better, i mean how many more free kicks or corners does Cabaye have to take to see his delivery is shocking.

Yeah - those penises are still no better.  ;)

Guest bimpy474

I'm not intending to do anybody down or belittle the squad but we were incredibly lucky in some games last year. It was just one of those seasons where we seemed to get the breaks and bounces. Not that this slice of luck wasn't long overdue btw.

But with that, the investment Chelsea have made, the remergence of Everton, the Martin Jol appointment and subsequent investment at Fulham I just can't see us emulating last season for many a long year.

It's safe to say it would take a lot of lucky bounces each season to finish above any of Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Everton given the way they have invested and, Everton aside, will continue to invest.

We're effectively playing for 5th/6th and hoping for a few breaks here and there.

I agree mate but i would rather Pardew stop talking like we are Champions League challengers. We know he needs players but i'm doubting that if he got those players that he has the ability for us to kick on.

He cant get the decent set we have now to keep the ball and play decent football. When you see sides like W.B.A, Wigan, Norwich etc playing far better football with supposed inferior players, my worry is mounting.