Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest malandro

Is it coincidence looking better going forward has coincided with looking terrible at the back?

Before that we looked toothless in attack but ok defensively.  Need a balance between the 2.

Tricky problem for AP, going from a rigid not committing many men forward direct approach, to a tippy tappy around the back pass and 'move' style.

Do people think we should keep a bad manager because there are few replacements out there? Pardew has won twice in 11 league games, what position will we be in if this run of form continues until the end of the season? We cannot let this team go down again.

Genuine question.

Do people really think if we play the same way we have done the last 5-6 games over the course of the next 19 games, we'll only average a point a game like we have?

Is it coincidence looking better going forward has coincided with looking terrible at the back?

Before that we looked toothless in attack but ok defensively.  Need a balance between the 2.

Which you can't achieve when at least half of the defence consists of Championship rubbish.

Do people think we should keep a bad manager because there are few replacements out there? Pardew has won twice in 11 league games, what position will we be in if this run of form continues until the end of the season? We cannot let this team go down again.

Do you genuinely believe that Ashley and Llambias are capable of sourcing a significant improvement on Pardew? I don't.

Which you can't achieve when at least half of the defence consists of Championship rubbish.

Spot on.

I'm more confident about our ability to win games after the last couple of performances. Yes we shipped a bucketload of goals today but we actually dominated possession in the first half and looked dangerous. I can't see many teams outside the top 6 being able to live with us if we keep playing like that.

Still hanging on to my last thread of optimism

Genuine question.

Do people really think if we play the same way we have done the last 5-6 games over the course of the next 19 games, we'll only average a point a game like we have?

If we defend the same way then I see us getting even less points.

Yep. I certainly don't see us winning an away game under him - is our home form good enough to keep us up? Reading, Southampton, Stoke and Fulham to come at home, basically need to win all those four and scrabble eight draws from somewhere.

Alternatively we could do the sensible thing and give the clown the bullet.

Investment in the defense and we'll be absolutely fine. Our attacking play has improved a hell of a lot and we're scoring a lot of goals, with players to come back.

Yes Pardew's totally ballsed up and i've lost almost all faith in that he's the manager to take us forward... but for the meantime, he's capable of keeping us up - providing he doesn't have to make in-game decisions regarding the defense.

If he didn't have woeful defenders to try and tactically protect, we wouldn't have lost either game. I'm not excusing his decisions, i'm just saying his lack of tactical nouse has been totally exacerbated by some of the abysmal, shamefully bad players he's had to manage.

Do people think we should keep a bad manager because there are few replacements out there?

What's the alternative? Appoint a bad manager?

There's no guarantee that a new manager will be as bad or worse than Pardew. Pardew must be close to if not worse than Kinnear right now, can we seriously not do better than that?

Do people think we should keep a bad manager because there are few replacements out there?

There's no guarantee that a new manager will be as bad or worse than Pardew. Pardew must be close to if not worse than Kinnear right now, can we seriously not do better than that?

Not with Ashley and Llambias making decisions, no.

Guest neesy111

:thup:

No he isn't :lol: as much as I hate the man, no, he isn't.

He'll be gone in the summer, we just have to survive somehow.

Guest malandro

Nope, APs defensive approach has masked just how crap our defence can be. Now he's been forced to change his approach....

Do you genuinely believe that Ashley and Llambias are capable of sourcing a significant improvement on Pardew? I don't.

It's certainly a massive gamble, but so it sticking with Pardew until the end of the season. It's a complete mind fuck, how did we end up like this after the joys of last season? :lol:

Run of form since Liverpool:

DDLLDLLWLLLWLL

:anguish:

How can anyone justify him keeping his job? Utterly astonishing man.

This, people seem to rank consistency above all else, regardless of whether the consistency is bad consistency. Results like this would see many sacked, considering the players available, their Consistent misuse and the style of play implemented.

No he isn't :lol: as much as I hate the man, no, he isn't.

He'll be gone in the summer, we just have to survive somehow.

I'm talking about in terms of results this season and Kinnear's in his time here. I thinks someone was actually posting the W/D/L stats for the two.

It's certainly a massive gamble, but so it sticking with Pardew until the end of the season. It's a complete mind fuck, how did we end up like this after the joys of last season? :lol:

Cos our owner is a pathological liar and a cheap cunt.

I keep thinking that if we sign a centre half and a right back and get some players back then we will be fine. We've played some decent stuff the last 5 games or so compared to those swansea/west ham/southampton games. We just cant defend for shit.

But then again, what if we dont sign them, what if we dont improve? Only time will tell I guess. But for the first time I feel like he must be under serious pressure, simply due the fact we conceded 7.