Alan Pardew

Dave

I always think we've got a chance of winning before the game, that's just my nature. However I have started to write games off when we go behind. With good reason. That's a bit depressing.

RE: points from losing positions, by my reckoning:

2010/11 - 2 points

2011/12 - 4 points

2012/13 - 3 points

Total of 9 points gained in all Pardew's time here.

That really is a pathetic stat.

Looks awful, how does it compare to other managers and teams though?

Even then it doesn't really say much if it isn't related to how many times a team goes behind.

I always think we've got a chance of winning before the game, that's just my nature. However I have started to write games off when we go behind. With good reason. That's a bit depressing.

2010/11 - 2 points

2011/12 - 4 points

2012/13 - 3 points

I doubt it's favourable when Reading have got four in the last two games. :lol:

Updated:

2010/11 - 2 points gained from losing positions in 9 games (possible 27 points)

2011/12 - 4 points gained from losing positions in 15 games (possible 45 points)

2012/13 - 3 points gained from losing positions in 15 games (possible 45 points)

When we've gone behind under Pardew, we've taken 9 points from a possible 117.

Updated:

2011/12 - 4 points gained from losing positions in 15 games (possible 45 points)

2012/13 - 3 points gained from losing positions in 15 games (possible 45 points)

shocking.

Guest neesy111

2010/11 - 2 points

2011/12 - 4 points

2012/13 - 3 points

I doubt it's favourable when Reading have got four in the last two games. :lol:

7 in last 3.

Updated:

Jesus

Add to those stats the corners/set piece stats and his long ball tactics (or lack of) and you see why i hate this cunt.

Far too negative and out of his depth.

Can't change a game with subs either, although i will admit the options off the bench have been poor up until now.

No excuses from now on.

Guest neesy111

Was prompted by this:

@OptaJoe: 27 - Man Utd's total of 27 comeback points in 2012-13 is bettered by only one team in PL history (Newcastle 34 in 2001-02). Spirit.

That was almost half of our points that season.  Impressive.

Has A LOT to do to even convince me near enough to have some hope for next season. Want him gone in the summer, but im afraid it wont happen and we'll have another season of shit overall. Waste of time!

Guest neesy111

One of the reasons i loved that season so much, if only we had half that spirit now  :(

Not down to spirit IMO.  We'd just go for it under Bobby.

Obviously it doesn't tell the whole story on its own - we were competing for Champions League places on the last day of last season after all - but it does strongly suggest that Pardew's qualities are based almost wholly around having his favoured players available and setting the team up correctly. If plan A doesn't work, or is effectively countered by his opposite number, going behind in a game almost certainly means we will lose.

When you look at it like that, it certainly backs up Pardew's claims that injuries and the Europa League have disrupted his preparations this season and contributed to us lying down around the bottom of the table. He simply doesn't appear very astute at managing his way out of adversity.

Whether that's good enough for a top-flight manager with this squad is obviously debatable.

I actually checked out a few weeks ago if his West Ham side were as poor at coming from behind but they were actually quite good at it (I counted at least three or four reversals in the first few months before giving up).

I wouldn't be surprised if our current run is some sort of Premiership record.

I don't think he sets us up well. How many times have we reshuffled this season after twenty minutes because he started badly wrong?

Happened now and again last season too - first twenty minutes of QPR at home when he benched Ben Arfa was utterly embarrassing.

Was prompted by this:

@OptaJoe: 27 - Man Utd's total of 27 comeback points in 2012-13 is bettered by only one team in PL history (Newcastle 34 in 2001-02). Spirit.

I remember matches being down 1, 2, or even 3-nil and come back to tie or win. I remember away to Charlton (i think?) 3 down 4-3 win? Marvelous stuff.

I think its as simple as Cisse and Ba scoring brilliantly last season combined with the novelty value of the like of Ben Arfa and Cabaye tearing it up in the league; all the time brilliantly masking the tactical frailties of this gonad.

:thup: