Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest Howaythetoon

You can bleat all you like regarding Pardew, but the fact is he will be our manager next season. Compute?

Well that's fucking that then. Close the forum. He's here for all eternity. We have a winner.

Guest Howaythetoon

Just out of interest, for those claiming he's not been able to stamp his own 'identity' on the club: what %of player turnover has he had in these last 2years?

Its not coming people, wake up.

Didn't you also write long-winded, condescending posts about how Ashley was ruining the club and didn't have the foggiest?

If you can't debate the points....

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I was going to nitpick over the contradictions you make within your post, but I guess that was just the anger showing.

I think there is a bit of fan blinkers being worn there HTT.

I would never argue our football this season has been good, but do you not think fans of all those other clubs you mention are whinging as well? I think it's very tempting to judge our own play more harshly than other sides'.

We do need to improve though obviously.

Guest Howaythetoon

I think there is a bit of fan blinkers being worn there HTT.

I would never argue our football this season has been good, but do you not think fans of all those other clubs you mention are whinging as well? I think it's very tempting to judge our own play more harshly than other sides'.

We do need to improve though obviously.

You are like a glass of water you...

HTT talks a lot of truth, just his timing is off after that massive win. Just enjoy it and pick the bones of Pardew's carcass at the end of the season. It's what I'm waiting for, unless you think we should sack him now, which I believe would be a disaster.

Guest Howaythetoon

HTT talks a lot of truth, just his timing is off after that massive win. Just enjoy it and pick the bones of Pardew's carcass at the end of the season. It's what I'm waiting for, unless you think we should sack him now, which I believe would be a disaster.

No, sacking him now would be daft. Even I know that much. :D

1 exceptionally good season, 1 exceptionally bad season - give him another one and see what happens is my view.

Yep. The football has been consistently average so far mind. Wasn't as good last season as results suggested, hasn't been as bad this season as results suggest. It's been marginal in the vast majority of games.

If we are to progress, the football needs to be better overall.

Then I agree with what you are saying, just your timing is off. People can't see past their noses, end of the season when all we've got to show for it is a bottom half finish and our top players being linked to other clubs, then people will start looking at the bigger picture.

1 exceptionally good season, 1 exceptionally bad season - give him another one and see what happens is my view.

Yep. The football has been consistently average so far mind. Wasn't as good last season as results suggested, hasn't been as bad this season as results suggest. It's been marginal in the vast majority of games.

How i see it too.

I know what yous are saying but I just can't see it going well if he stays on. I am more than happy to be proven wrong though. The main thing that worries me is keeping him on, nothing changing and then we have to face up to the prospect of losing HBA, Cisse, Krul etc.

HTT I don't agree with you regarding not having a style at all. Not saying it has been a good season to watch but given the reasons (not excuses) that has been mentioned before numerous times here, we haven't been able to play the way the team is capable of playing. Adding to that loss in confidence  and loss of luck in games were we would have won it last year (Wigan for example). The Fulham game we hit the woodwork and the post 3 times. Against Benfica we hit the post twice and Cisse could have had a hatrick. Against Man U and Arsenal away we played great in long periods until we ran out of steam.

Also I think if we had just another good striker to support Cisse rather than the useless Ameobi then we wouldn't be sitting talking about how bad this season has been. We simply lack goal scorers in the team this season especially when Cabaye started the season poorly and HBA has been injured all season. And when Ba left when were left with the under performing Cisse who just started to hit his strides.

We need players to chip in with goals from all over the pitch supporting the forwards. We need defenders who can score a few goals a season. We need midfields who can grab 15 goals at least collectively and finally we need more than one striker capable of getting at least 15 goals a season.

I guess my worry is that next season is just an average of the 1st two, so we finish about 10th (ish), the good players leave for better things, we struggle to buy replacements who as influential if not more so.

Thing is, i know he's been very unlucky this season, however, i also know that he was very lucky last season. Neither will be the norm. Last year you could see there wasn't the consistent quality of our play to warrant a 5th place but somehow we managed. We did't build on that, we didn't evolve a style, a method. This year we've played better than our league position so it's swung the other way.

I don't think he's sure of the philosophy he wants to implement. Actually, that's painfully obvious but 'a thought', just look at it and you can see it.

Another thing is, you look at managers who are recognised for their ability, obviously, Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho and then others not quite mentioned in the same breath, Benitez, Redknapp (christ knows why), Moyes, etc. They can instill a bit of awe in their team, a bit of fear. I think Pardew goes for the buddy buddy approach because he knows he can't pull that off because he, as a manager, as his charges. He's never had a squad this good (and it isn't even that good) but he's never managed players of this calibre and if he gets sacked from here he never will again. If he gives that dressing room a fire and brimstone talk they're gonna think, 'f*ck off, pal. You haven't got enough about you to dish that out'. He knows it so he goes about it being Mr Nice, arm around the shoulder, etc. Deep down, i reckon he knows he's a mismatch. If he really believed his talent made him deserve this he'd have got stuck into the bigger players earlier on in the season, shaken them out of the stuper that just seems to envelop everyone before January.

I keep reading this "we have players capable of much more"... With regards to our team... Makes me think of the national media talking about the England team... Yet after several top managers we ain't any better and we all know its because our players are hyped... Not sure we would be if we changed manager... Will that magically give our players greater pace and passing ability and aerial strength and suffer from less injuries... Give him all of next season IMO... We've still to see HBA alongside our January recruits...

How about simply 'we've got the type of players to play a passing/moving game and we don't do it'. Is that fair?

Not at a very high pace we haven't... Last time we had players for that style was under SBR... We've very little creativity in the team without a fit HBA...

Cabaye, Marveuax and Anita can all do it. You're talking nonsense.

Then I agree with what you are saying, just your timing is off. People can't see past their noses, end of the season when all we've got to show for it is a bottom half finish and our top players being linked to other clubs, then people will start looking at the bigger picture.

Oddly enough, it seems to me that looking at the bigger picture is precisely why some people are finding it reasonable to see Pardew start another season.

Not sure why you feel a few more games would dramatically change peoples view on either side of the argument.

I guess my worry is that next season is just an average of the 1st two, so we finish about 10th (ish), the good players leave for better things,

Bingo.

Perhaps we may even finish 8th or 7th depending on injuries and so on. But we will never achieve anything great or even genuinely aspire to under such a negative and conservative manager. 

You can bleat all you like regarding Pardew, but the fact is he will be our manager next season. Compute?

Well that's fucking that then. Close the forum. He's here for all eternity. We have a winner.

Love your passion mate, but get yourself one of these, relax and try to enjoy the ride!

http://www.homeandgardengifts.co.uk/images/thumbnails/37/346/317/Large_Stress_Ball.jpg

I keep reading this "we have players capable of much more"... With regards to our team... Makes me think of the national media talking about the England team... Yet after several top managers we ain't any better and we all know its because our players are hyped... Not sure we would be if we changed manager... Will that magically give our players greater pace and passing ability and aerial strength and suffer from less injuries... Give him all of next season IMO... We've still to see HBA alongside our January recruits...

How about simply 'we've got the type of players to play a passing/moving game and we don't do it'. Is that fair?

Not at a very high pace we haven't... Last time we had players for that style was under SBR... We've very little creativity in the team without a fit HBA...

Wayne Routledge can do it too  :whistle:

Oddly enough, it seems to me that looking at the bigger picture is precisely why people are finding it reasonable to see Pardew start another season.

If you back Pardew for another season, you deserve to see us relegated.

:anguish:

Oddly enough, it seems to me that looking at the bigger picture is precisely why people are finding it reasonable to see Pardew start another season.

Not sure why you feel a few more games would dramatically change peoples view on either side of the argument.

If you back Pardew for another season, you deserve to see us relegated.

Good lord. :lol:

All this Pardew discussion generated by scraping a last minute winner at home to Fulham in a must win game to pull away from the relegation scrap?

It's utterly ridiculous, and if anything should highlight why he should go- not stay.

:anguish:

You'll have to elaborate lad, why are you expressing anguish?