Alan Pardew

Dave

I don't think Ashley will remove him, so the whole discussion is pointless IMO.

As fans, we're entitled to be unhappy when we're not playing well, but we always seem to draw doomsday conclusions and act as if it's a terminal situation, when it's probably just a downturn that we'll eventually come out of.

Just want to say that he can f*** OFF.

Can´t believe that after all this people is still playing the "give him the time" card :lol: The small squad is something Ashley has to take the most of the blame, but that we are playing like this because of injuries and a small squad :lol: We didn´t play better when everyone was available.

Still can´t believe that people is laughing at the comparison of him and our other so called "managers", I said that month ago. What exactly is Pardew doing better?

I wouldn´t be happy. But he could at least admit that he is a bad manager that can´t teach a team to play offensive, that he likes to play it long and sit back, and that Ashley won´t give him any money. The truth should feel so much better than this lying show.

I can´t even get angry anymore when we won´t win. Because it´s so obvious and it has gone so far that I just can´t feel anything :( I´m worried. I´m worried that we will get relegated again :undecided:

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/computer-close-hulk.gif

I still think he has bought himself time with last seasons finish of 5th.

Not sure if our football will improve, or depends on what your definition of football is.

We wont go down, we'll bobble aout picking up points and will be safe...

IF he carries on like this and we are dropping more home points then I think the sword will fall, as much as Pardew is their man, they are a pair of ruthless buggers.

He's just been given an 8 year deal. The club want stability and I'm absolutely certain that unless there's a genuine threat of relegation he'll remain in post and rightly so. Chopping and changing managers has never been conducive to good results, particularly at NUFC.

The worst thing Pardew could've done was finish fifth last season. People seem to have forgotten we were a Championship side three years ago.

Guest neesy111

As fans, we're entitled to be unhappy when we're not playing well, but we always seem to draw doomsday conclusions and act as if it's a terminal situation, when it's probably just a downturn that we'll eventually come out of.

Pardew's managerial past doesn't help him for in terms of people believing he'll turn it around.

Can´t believe that after all this people is still playing the "give him the time" card :lol: The small squad is something Ashley has to take the most of the blame, but that we are playing like this because of injuries and a small squad :lol: We didn´t play better when everyone was available.

Still can´t believe that people is laughing at the comparison of him and our other so called "managers", I said that month ago. What exactly is Pardew doing better?

I wouldn´t be happy. But he could at least admit that he is a bad manager that can´t teach a team to play offensive, that he likes to play it long and sit back, and that Ashley won´t give him any money. The truth should feel so much better than this lying show.

I can´t even get angry anymore when we won´t win. Because it´s so obvious and it has gone so far that I just can´t feel anything :( I´m worried. I´m worried that we will get relegated again :undecided:

Not sure if our football will improve, or depends on what your definition of football is.

IF he carries on like this and we are dropping more home points then I think the sword will fall, as much as Pardew is their man, they are a pair of ruthless buggers.

He's just been given an 8 year deal. The club want stability and I'm absolutely certain that unless there's a genuine threat of relegation he'll remain in post and rightly so. Chopping and changing managers has never been conducive to good results, particularly at NUFC.

The worst thing Pardew could've done was finish fifth last season. People seem to have forgotten we were a Championship side three years ago.

We were playing in the Championship, but our team definitely wasn't (of Championship standard).

We were playing in the Championship, but our team definitely wasn't.

It was bad enough to get relegated to it, it was a Championship team.

Pardew's managerial past doesn't help him for in terms of people believing he'll turn it around.

Fair enough I suppose, but this time he won't get sacked, so he's at least got a chance.

Must say though, I wish he was handling the pressure a bit better in interviews and that.

The team, after some changes, showed they had nothing to do in the Championship.

The team, after some changes, showed they had nothing to do in the Championship.

That's moot. We were there on merit.

Guest neesy111

I simply don't buy this argument now oh we were in the championship 3 years ago now so we should be grateful for just being in the premier league with shite performances all season.

I simply don't buy this argument now oh we were in the championship 3 years ago now so we should be grateful for just being in the premier league with shite performances all season.

Don't think anyone's saying that. They're just arguing that our recent achievements should buy the management some credit.

Guest neesy111

Don't think anyone's saying that. They're just arguing that our recent achievements should buy the management some credit.

It has with me a little, in the past I'm usually one of the 1st to want the manager to go but he has till the new year for me.  If we don't win between now and end of the year then we will be in relegation trouble imo.

It makes our form even worse.

I still brings this up. But sacking Hughton for Pardew was just a stupid and unmotivated move. I would love stability. But I want that with a manager that I believe in. I don´t believe in Pardew.

I simply don't buy this argument now oh we were in the championship 3 years ago now so we should be grateful for just being in the premier league with s**** performances all season.

He took over a team with great team spirit and a team that was playing great with the team we had. It was a super year last year. I can´t explain it any better than that everything when our way. But still, we wasn´t playing great and had a lot of luck. To be true, more than plenty of it.

That's moot. We were there on merit.

Just don't think it's right to use that as an argument in Pardew's favour. We had a great team when we were down, and we have an even better team now. You could just as easily argue that, hey, we're not untouchable, it actually might happen again. Not that I think we will, btw.

Not the point I'm trying to make. Our rise from that position has been pretty meteoric and we need a little perspective when we go on a poor run of form rather than throwing the toys out of the pram. All of this is has been brought about because we've lost two games on the spin and drew against a European side little of us know about but think we still should be beating anyway. In the context of what we've sat through in previous years this shouldn't really register.

I understand and agree with concerns over performances and tactics but all this chatter of sacking the manager is simply bizarre and reminds me that there is a section of our fanbase who do their utmost to justify the media's obsession with deluded Geordies.

What did you believe we could achieve under Hughton though?

Probably not much. But sacking him for Pardew was just a side way move. I was loving the spirit, we played to our strength and it was just a great time. there was no way he should have been sacked. at least he should have got the first season.

Again. Pardew was not the man to come in after he went. We should have got a more proven manager. I´m still convinced that the only reason he came was that he and Ashley somehow has a connection. I just can believe anything else.

The frustrating thing is I'm not even sure I can accept that our squad isn't good enough, because the way we play isn't helping.

What's to say players like Marveaux, Amalfitano, Anita, Bigi, Sammy and even the Obertan aren't being negatively affected by the way we play? They don't suit the current setup whatsoever, and I can't help but feel they'd be much better squad players if we played in a way to suit their games.

Just as an example, look at what Routledge is doing at Swansea this season. He's been excellent. Leads the league in assists I think, or is somewhere near the top. This is the same guy that looked scared of having a go when he was here, and was invisible a lot of the time.

We need a manager that has a clue how to utilize attacking players. Period. our team's strength is on the attacking side, and we are not taking advantage of this. Instead it seems the manager is trying to transform them all into defensive juggernauts. It's absurd.

Even someone like Ian Holloway would put Pards to shame in this area. That Blackpool team a couple of season's ago, was probably the worst squad in the history of the league! Look at the football they played, and how close they came to staying up.

Pards needs to be at a club where he can have total control over who comes in, so he can bring in the type of players to suit his style, as he isn't capable of adapting whatsoever.

Thought it was interesting when he said that some of the players who came in last night didn't really do enough to stake a claim.I reckon he was definitely referring to Marveaux. Maybe Sammy and Vurnon too.

A simple answer for me is to hire an Attacking Head Coach. Someone who will work on that aspect of the game. Keeping posession when we are up, passing through the middle, etc.

Right now is all defence, oh..........and..... if you get the ball, send it to the strikers and hope....

Thought it was interesting when he said that some of the players who came in last night didn't really do enough to stake a claim.I reckon he was definitely referring to Marveaux. Maybe Sammy and Vurnon too.

Poor players. Nobody would look good in that mess.