Alan Pardew

Dave

Winning headers and running faster :lol:

That's not the major problem, but I will agree that our players do seem to lack match fitness IMO. We don't have the fitness to play a high intensity game, or press for sustained periods. We look like the most asthmatic team in the league actually, so far tbh.

That's not the major problem, but I will agree that our players do seem to lack match fitness IMO. We don't have the fitness to play a high intensity game, or press for sustained periods. We look like the most asthmatic team in the league actually, so far tbh.

I agree that our fitness looks poor but I was laughing more at the winning headers part, it shows how important it is to him.

Desire to win games is the minimum I would expect from any player tbh, all teams should want to win every game. Running faster? I assume he means hard work, not literally speed of running, Obertan prolly pretty quick but we're a very slow team tbh atm, and winning headers? Is he f***ing kidding me?

How about keeping the ball, especially in the opposition half, getting the ball to the strikers in positions they can feasibly finish from and the whole team actually working to get the ball back from the opposition? How about some clever off the ball movement (or frankly any at all)...but no apparently we've been doing the right things in running faster and winning imaginary headers.

I agree our fitness isn't good enough for the high intensity game but tbh he's hardly blameless for that.

I think the formation thing is getting in the way of what we’ve got to do. That’s winning headers, running faster and showing a desire to win the game.

Wow.

Just fucking wow.

I can't believe I just read that.

Winning headers and running faster? That's his solution to our problems this year?

Fucking stunning thing for him to say.

I agree that our fitness looks poor but I was laughing more at the winning headers part, it shows how important it is to him.

Oh aye :thup: Laughable focus in a way. Not like we'd even get to the second ball though ffs :lol:

I know he'll probably get ripped for making excuses but there's a lot makes sense in that article IMO.

Pardew said: “It’s the intensity you need from the players to play on a Thursday night then again on the Sunday.

Well, using virtually 2 different teams a week will prevent the above.  Some people want to be fooled so they will be fooled.  It’s much easier than facing the facts.

I just think the situation is a little more nuanced – is it:

a. Pardew is a SHIT manager

b. We’re struggling to adapt to playing twice a week with reduced prep/conditioning time for Prem games and have had key players missing all season

c. a little from column a, a little from column b

Anyway, best to ignore the offence caused by his words (which aren't worth the air into which they are breathed) and take offence at his actions when you see what he sends out every Sunday afternoon.

I know he'll probably get ripped for making excuses but there's a lot makes sense in that article IMO.

Pardew said: “It’s the intensity you need from the players to play on a Thursday night then again on the Sunday.

Well, using virtually 2 different teams a week will prevent the above.  Some people want to be fooled so they will be fooled.  It’s much easier than facing the facts.

I just think the situation is a little more nuanced – is it:

a. Pardew is a s*** manager

b. We’re struggling to adapt to playing twice a week with reduced prep/conditioning time for Prem games and have had key players missing all season

c. a little from column a, a little from column b

He's got statistics to back him up yet before these statistics were available teams just got on with it and coped.  He really needs to do away with his stats and use his eyes to tell him what’s going wrong.

If we were winning games he wouldn’t be complaining and the players wouldn’t be feeling tired, fatigue is as much of a mental problem as it is a physical problem.  If you’re doing well you don’t feel knackered as you get a boost from winning.

We haven’t played the same team on a Thursday and again on Sunday, he’s full of shit and would be much better off keeping his mouth shut because his negative shit WILL get to the players and it will rub off on them.

Injuries will be playing a part in our performances and I don't think anybody has denied that, it's just not the major problem, he is.  He's claiming he can't use 4-3-3 because of injuries, that doesn't sit with what he was saying even before we had kicked a ball when he was telling us that Ba would play more centrally.

I'm losing it with him.  I was OK with Thursday’s game because it was a case of job done.  Now though I'm sick of hearing his excuses since that game and for me he's undone and goodwill which I had towards him.  The man is a fraud and he's an arrogant prick who thinks he sees things which others don't.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/11/25/stats-show-newcastle-united-squad-is-being-pushed-to-limit-79310-32301547/

Stats show Newcastle United squad is being pushed to limit

Nov 25 2012 by Neil Cameron, Sunday Sun

ALAN PARDEW has the stats and facts to prove Newcastle United's squad is not strong enough to cope with domestic and European football.

Stopped reading there. This kind of thing is more than a pet hate of mine now. Don't trust your own eyes, trust a computer game.

Let me get this straight, he spent two months telling us he was happy with the transfer window and keeping the team together and now he's saying the squad isn't strong enough to play 2 games of football a week. :lol:

2 games of football a week for professional athletes?? Hogwash.

Let me get this straight, he spent two months telling us he was happy with the transfer window and keeping the team together and now he's saying the squad isn't strong enough to play 2 games of football a week. :lol:

It's not hogwash. It's statistically proven by some people in lab coats who've never watched a football game before. Get with the times, grandad!

It's not hogwash. It's statistically proven by some people in lab coats who've never watched a football game before. Get with the times, grandad!

:lol:

I would like to add the average playing time (ball in play) for a PL game is 68min.  :laugh:

The whoe euro thing is the biggest red herring from planet red herring in the red herring multiverse. :cheesy:

I'd maybe understand if we were without Ba and Cisse for example so we were struggling to score, but it's the fact that our team looks incapable of even passing to each other, that you can't blame on injuries or having too many games a week. It worries me that he actually seems to believe his own excuses.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/11/25/stats-show-newcastle-united-squad-is-being-pushed-to-limit-79310-32301547/

Stats show Newcastle United squad is being pushed to limit

Nov 25 2012 by Neil Cameron, Sunday Sun

ALAN PARDEW has the stats and facts to prove Newcastle United's squad is not strong enough to cope with domestic and European football.

Stopped reading there. This kind of thing is more than a pet hate of mine now. Don't trust your own eyes, trust a computer game.

It's an excuse, and one the players will buy into. Just like blaming the weather before you've even kicked off, players will switch off as they've already got their excuse (one that even the coaches/managers believe too).

I don't remember much bother with two games a week in the Championship season. Bloke's a proper fraud.

In the Championship, we did have the huge benefit of being by far and away the best team in the division though.

Knowing the squad had Europe this season and not making the necessary moves in the transfer market was a huge mistake. There are ways to balance the League and Europe, it just requires hard work and commitment. It's easy to hide behind these stats and it's probably the right move, rather than coming out and saying we simply haven't been good enough. Hopefully, on the training ground and the dressing room he isn't taking these stats seriously and each player is being given the correct information and advice to improve.