Alan Pardew

Dave

We never look like scoring to me, like. Ever.

Agree. Our "attacking play" is a combination of aimlessly launching balls towards Ba/Cisse/Shola, Ba/Cisse/Shola meets the ball deep often causing loss of possession, Ben Arfa get the ball somewhere and magically creates something on his own, Santon (defender) gets into a shooting position eventually losing the ball or getting a shot blocked. That's it.

I'm beyond bored watching us play. It's the same shit over and over again. Clueless and as static as you'll ever see a PL team. We really have NO idea. Having pedestrians in the team doesn't help but there aren't many options. The general passing and accuracy is shocking, and so is our strategy from start to finish, rooted in managerial hopelessness. I can't help but wonder what we do in training. I fear for players like Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Santon and Krul and I fear relegation. I have zero hope for January transfers and Pardew wont walk. Sad stuff.

He's lost the plot.

Our only plan seems to be to keep the ball in the final third and hope that a moment of individual brilliance notches a goal. We don't play as a team any more, we don't have a plan to target certain teams in certain areas, we fucking launch it from most areas of the park, our movement is dreadful, our passing is sloppy and wasteful, the subs he makes have no influence on the game, our defence are all over the place, we have zero threat from set pieces and yet cant defend them and the manager makes excuses every game rather than accept any blame himself.

The sooner he fucks off the better. It's going to happen eventually, it's already gone beyond what he's capable of repairing.

:clap:

Yep, pretty much on the money for me too.

Well aye, and it's completely his fault. but some of the criticisms seem more suited to post-game West Ham & Swansea.

We were by no means brilliant today, and we still need things to click better up front, but there were positives to take away from it.

We were playing a team who were just above us in the league and who had form that was as bad as ours, the positives should be seen with that in mind.

We played Fulham at Craven Cottage, they have been a bit off form but they're still a very good side. Expecting to play Fulham off the park on their own patch is a bit far, like.

It was another disjointed performance from Alan Pardew's side, who too often failed to get their most dangerous attacking players on the ball in areas where they could hurt the home side.

Demba Ba was isolated in attack, fellow striker Papiss Cisse - who scored 13 goals in 14 games for Newcastle last season but has only four in 20 this campaign - was wasted in a role that saw him operate largely on the right while Ben Arfa showed clear glimpses of his talent but is not yet up to speed after missing four games through injury.

But, it's just bitter fans who thought we were poor?!

We didn't dominate Fulham man 'Pol. Their confidence is shot so they sat on their two leads.

Colo hit the bar from a long shot, not a great piece of play. Colo had an effort clearance saved off the line from a corner - which while surprising, doesn't constitute carving them up. HBA scored from a deflected wonderstrike.

Our one decent move was when Cisse was offside and hit the angle of the woodwork. That's it though.

Other than that it was Danny Simpson who was the star man, putting balls in the box. I'm not even having a go at Daddy Simpson today either, because he did a really good job, but it tells you something about the team when he is the star man until HBA's shot loops in.

Compare that to how many times Fulham (a side low on confidence too, I might add) tested Krul in a meaningful way.

Not having a go at any particular poster here, but it was so fucking obvious the PR man would say we deserved something/made a fist of it on the back of that second half showing. It is identical to this game:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20483937

The cancerous shit is still underneath the facade of a second half chase against a team only willing to counter. And were it not for Krul, they'd have been home and dry early in the first half, or early in the second.

After that horrific showing against West Ham last month I got stuck in to Pardew and said how much I didn't rate him and what a burden to this clubs progression he is. I got completely ridiculed for it, yet only a matter of weeks later here we are. This is not in any way an 'I told you so' post, but it amazes me how oblivious people were to Pardew's incompetence, and how certain people like Otter were hiding behind that pathetic excuse of 'Oh but he finished 5th last year, leave him alone', bullshit.

Get him out now. He's an absolute disgrace, a leech only happy just to be associated with a big club like NUFC, despite drowning pathetically in the deep end. He is what is wrong with English football, he is at the centre of the disease choking English football and, more specifically, Newcastle United Football Club. Pardew's decision to substitute Ben Arfa tonight completely justifies his lack of bottle, his lack of guile and intelligence as a manager. He lost us that game tonight just like he's lost us half the games we've played this season.

We're banking on mackems, Reading and QPR all to not find form so to keep us in this division. Hopefully Southampton and Norwich run out of steam as well, but we've already kicked the bucket as far as I'm concerned. This season is a right off already. Blame the lack of investment in the squad, I agree, but fuck you Alan Pardew, you spinless little cunt hiding behind all your excuses and contradictions. Get the fuck out of this club- possibly the most negative manager to darken St.James' Park in a long, long time.

Things have got to change before its too late.

Pardew Out.

To all those proposing he should go who do you propose we replace him with?

Apart from the Hughton sacking, which was obviously done with Pardew lined up sacking a manager mid crisis rarely results in a positive step up. Just thinking back to the Kinnear appointment, the Hughton/calderwood combination once he took ill, then the Shearer appointment, then stumbling upon appointing Hughton as a permanent appointment after relegation.

Even if we can identify some managers who may be a step up e.g Jol, Martinez would they come work under Ashley?

The real problem for me isn't the system/ tactics, they've largely been unchanged from last season which we obviously did so well. The problems are too many players are out if form Jonas, Tiote, Colo (recently), even Timmy apart from tonight. These are players who were playing out of their skin last year. Secondly there's been the injuries and the extra games. Obviously this should have been addressed in our summer transfer window, is this Pardew's fault? Probably not, it's unlikely he has much say with regards hammering through deals for transfers.

Ultimately it's probably Mike Ashley's head we should be calling for, probably have less influence on removing him I know but he's the one holding us back. Until this board are rid of we are not going to show the ambition required to consistently remain challenging in the top 6.

Erm, I've never been fond of ad hominem, but... you high?

Why?

Well lets see- the Keegan fiasco, xisco, Kinnear, relegation, sport direct, refusal to show ambition in transfer window blaa blaa...

Do you feel that after sacking Pardew the fat one will replace him with a better manager and support him as he should have Pardew in the last window?

I'm just repeating myself now, but we've been trying to get rid of our board the entire time I've supported Newcastle United, and it just isn't going to happen. Who is this amazing owner you have lined up to replace Mike anyway?

I haven't, that is precisely it. Just saying that replacing the manager with whoever Mike Ashley will be able to attract might not be a good idea looking at past history as an example.

I think my point is I feel we're stuck with Pards, as the owner isn't fucking off and I can't see any manager who is a step up working with him. I can however see us scraping the bottom of the barrel to pull another Kinnear like appointment out the bag and we know how that turned out....

We didn't dominate Fulham man 'Pol. Their confidence is shot so they sat on their two leads.

Colo hit the bar from a long shot, not a great piece of play. Colo had an effort clearance saved off the line from a corner - which while surprising, doesn't constitute carving them up. HBA scored from a deflected wonderstrike.

Our one decent move was when Cisse was offside and hit the angle of the woodwork. That's it though.

Other than that it was Danny Simpson who was the star man, putting balls in the box. I'm not even having a go at Daddy Simpson today either, because he did a really good job, but it tells you something about the team when he is the star man until HBA's shot loops in.

Compare that to how many times Fulham (a side low on confidence too, I might add) tested Krul in a meaningful way.

Not having a go at any particular poster here, but it was so f***ing obvious the PR man would say we deserved something/made a fist of it on the back of that second half showing. It is identical to this game:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20483937

The cancerous s*** is still underneath the facade of a second half chase against a team only willing to counter. And were it not for Krul, they'd have been home and dry early in the first half, or early in the second.

well said that man. 

We played Fulham at Craven Cottage, they have been a bit off form but they're still a very good side. Expecting to play Fulham off the park on their own patch is a bit far, like.

Who was expecting to play fulham off the park? 

Guest neesy111

I'm not happy with him at all like, but it seems people have already got their abuse typed out pre-game now.

This. If he's getting criticism for anything but team selection and Substitutions tonight then this is the only answer.

That's absolute tosh that and very hypocritical.

it really has gone beyond, who should play where and what formations.

I'm convinced a few games back that is the case.

And the players have lost the confidence of their manager, it's the only explanation why the majority of the team fails to even complete the basics of the game.

In the back of their heads every game they play its saying... "That man in our dugout really shouldn't be there"

Don't mean to put words in your mouth re: dominating them either :) but the 'excellent passing football pretty much from start to finish' is what I mean.

We were a poor passing side until they had the lead. We weren't a great deal better thereafter, but they had a lead and felt no need to press us while we aimlessly put balls in the box without bothering to get in behind their defence. Food and drink for the Hangeland.

Pards hasn't really understood or will give into the fact that the only way these days a side plays two strikers is if one drops off deep and can actually play that role (neither Ba or Cisse can to any great degree). Unless you have a Ruiz or Michu or Dempsey or as Berbatov showed tonight (drifting about) you really should be playing one striker and an extra creative attacking mifielder.

Would have started Marv AND Hatem.

Pards hasn't really understood or will give into the fact that the only way these days a side plays two strikers is if one drops off deep and can actually play that role (neither Ba or Cisse can to any great degree). Unless you have a Ruiz or Michu or Dempsey or as Berbatov showed tonight (drifting about) you really should be playing one striker and an extra creative attacking mifielder.

Would have started Marv AND Hatem.

Two players who lack height for those dangerous dead ball situations we might one day score from? Perish the thought!

Bring on Shola!

it really has gone beyond, who should play where and what formations.

I'm convinced a few games back that is the case.

And the players have lost the confidence of their manager, it's the only explanation why the majority of the team fails to even complete the basics of the game.

In the back of their heads every game they play its saying... "That man in our dugout really shouldn't be there"

You're probably right, but when he does set up the team the way people have been talking about (i.e. anything but the 4-4-2 and 4-5-1) we've looked infinitely better for it. The players can still deliver, he just refuses to let them.

Most people don't remember how shit we were for a lot of games last season, too. Without Cisse (especially) and Ben Arfa in the second of last season we wouldn't have been bailed out half as much. Wolves, (A), Blackburn (A), Bolton (H), Wigan (H), QPR (H), Villa (H), mackems (debatable) (H), were all very lucky results that were ground out due to moments of excellence from individuals. All of which we were stumped ideas as we resorted to long ball 'tactics'.

He winged last season. Fucking winged it. He's getting found out now and his true colours are shining now.