Alan Pardew

Dave

"He was never off my Christmas card list because it wasn't me who had the problem. In any walk of life you have to be a man sometimes and admit when you're wrong and also pay your respects when someone does something right and I thought Colo was absolutely brilliant."

Is he blaming Colo or am i understanding that wrong.

He is.

Why are we even hearing about this? Nobody knew anything about it until he swaggered onto the pitch and made himself the centre of attention.

Was probably asked about it. :pow:

And the only way to answer a question he knowingly provoked is to tell everyone they'd had a bust up? :lol:

"He was never off my Christmas card list because it wasn't me who had the problem. In any walk of life you have to be a man sometimes and admit when you're wrong and also pay your respects when someone does something right and I thought Colo was absolutely brilliant."

That's a really odd quote, without the first bit it reads that Pardew is saying that he himself was in the wrong, but it could actually be either due to the first part.

I don't think he's blaming anyone, just pointing out what a win can do for morale really.

Guest bimpy474

That's a really odd quote, without the first bit it reads that Pardew is saying that he himself was in the wrong, but it could actually be either due to the first part.

I don't think he's blaming anyone, just pointing out what a win can do for morale really.

Aye, its quite a odd quote. I reckon we will find out a bit more in the next couple of days.

Could have been as simple as Pardew pulling him up on a few goals we've conceded recently that could be blamed on him. Who knows?

Agree that it seems unnecessary for it to have been turned into a story, though.

Do you believe everything a manager says?

Guest bimpy474

Could have been as simple as Pardew pulling him up on a few goals we've conceded recently that could be blamed on him. Who knows?

Agree that it seems unnecessary to have been turned into a story, though.

Could be actually, Colo's has been at fault for a couple recently.

Guest bimpy474

Do you believe everything a manager says?

I dont believe anything Pardew says fwiw.

He is.

Why are we even hearing about this? Nobody knew anything about it until he swaggered onto the pitch and made himself the centre of attention.

:lol:

Fucking sick of hearing that one.  "Well he was fucking asked about it, how the fuck do you expect him not to be a boneheaded gobshite in response?"  Fuck off.

This stuff happens all the time, only a story because of the run we've been on.

It's a story because Pardew made it into one, I did wonder what he was doing on the pitch and assumed he was under pressure and letting off steam.

Guest neesy111

This stuff happens all the time, only a story because of the run we've been on.

Only a story because Pardew's made it a story.

Actually that is correct. Why though?

He is.

Fucking sick of hearing that one.  "Well he was fucking asked about it, how the fuck do you expect him not to be a boneheaded gobshite in response?"  Fuck off.

"Well basically Colo wanted us to play the ball on the floor more but I don't want to talk about it. i prefer a more direct approach and he doesn't agree, but its best kept in the dressing room. This sort of thing happens all the time - he kicked me in the balls, but that's allowed between captain and manager. I don't really think this is for the public domain though."

"That's great Alan, but I asked you about why you took Cisse off..."