Alan Pardew

Dave

This 'we didn't use Europe as an excuse for bad results in the past' isn't entirely true either. Bobby did. Granted shepherd wouldn't move the games back 24 hours in order to get the sky £ (we had expected champs league) but the excuse was trotted out regularly all the same.

Bobby wanted the game played on Sunday, not Saturday lunch time.

Edit, we drew with Wolves on Saturday lunch time 1-1, after playing on Thursday.  :lol:

That was one example, yeah, there were plenty others, hence shepherd piped up.

The wolves result also brought many moans and groans iirc, was a poor result at time.

Finally made every right decision there was to be made. Hopefully we don't see Jonas running into the team anytime soon. With Ben Arfa and Cabaye and Tiote this team can only get much better. Very good performance.

Rightback and central defender needs to be bought fastly though even if Danny and Willo weren't bad today.

Sammy hit the post, like, so that's harsh. Taking both strikers off was weird though.

Was the right decision imo, putting as much pace on the pitch as possible. Man United weren't coming back to defend at all towards the end.

it almost worked.

Sammy hit the post, like, so that's harsh. Taking both strikers off was weird though.

We had virtually no control of the ball in their half for last 15 minutes. Cisse should 1 million % stayed on. I don't think it lost us the game but i still think it was a pretty gash decision.

Relieved to see him put more faith in the players, though. He'll have a job on picking the lads up after this.

Was the right decision imo, putting as much pace on the pitch as possible. Man United weren't coming back to defend at all towards the end.

it almost worked.

I thought so too, and we needed fresh legs to do the running.

We had virtually no control of the ball in their half for last 15 minutes. Cisse should 1 million % stayed on. I don't think it lost us the game but i still think it was a pretty gash decision.

Relieved to see him put more faith in the players, though. He'll have a job on picking the lads up after this.

Having Cisse there wouldn't help us keep control of the ball at all. The plan was to invite them into our half and hit them on the counter with Sammy/Obertan/Marveaux, worked perfectly multiple times.

it almost worked.

I thought so too, and we needed fresh legs to do the running.

Except that Sammy did everything but run. There was that break towards the end when Sammy had the ball with a 3 on 3 and all he did was jog like a tortoise. I just don't get Sammy, he plays with the same lethargic style as Shola minus putting himself about that at least Shola tries to

Having Cisse there wouldn't help us keep control of the ball at all. The plan was to invite them into our half and hit them on the counter with Sammy/Obertan/Marveaux, worked perfectly multiple times.

Cisse traps the ball better than anyone in the team. I'd argue that his close control is the best in the side, too. We spent most of that last twenty minutes just bouncing the ball back to the opposition.

The Obertan substitution was a good one and gave us the pace we needed; with Marveaux still on the pitch too.

I don't want to lay into Pardew cos there's not a lot he could have done with that. I just think the constant subbing of Cisse is bloody infuriating.

We've been absolutely shite at shutting up shop this season and parts of last, It was great to finally see us have a proper go at a team away from home and not revert to deep defending and ball hoofing whenever we went one up. Hope AP can keep up the same mentality for Arsenal.

Seriously, he's got an absolutely mammoth job preparing the lads for that Arsenal game. All things included; the crushing victory and the injury to Anita - i can't see how that is going to do anything but absolutely crush morale.