Alan Pardew

Dave

For the record I don't blame Pard8 for the squad weaknesses that is clearly out of his hands.

It is a bit annoying how he actively defends the inactivity rather than just keeping his mouth shut about it, mind.

Think it partly why he is liked by the overlords ie he manages expectations with a grin on his face and his freshly cut wisp of white hair.

Because i said anything about coaching a defense? If you're questioning why Pardew had any input in preparing us defensively for upcoming games then f*** knows what you're after. It clearly worked wonders for us & gave us new defensive records that were a huge part of our season given the standard of players we were rotating. But yeah, lets question his role instead of giving him any plaudits. "Hows that negative"  :lol:

Last season we let in 6 goals less than the season before and we scored exactly the same number.  We've gone from a goal difference of -1 to +5.  Personally, I'd rather have a balanced approach and not one where our MANAGER spends his time on one area of the team.

We had these exact discussions last season, you're going in circles. We obviously had several games that make the total number unrepresentative of our general form, you could argue that point with yourself before even typing. A balanced approach also doesnt necessarily work if the quality of our players is not balanced across the side, this was also talked about enough last season.

Ba is obviously unhappy playing wide left, its fine saying force him to play there but hes clearly affected by his motivation levels & he apparently isnt motivated to play there. So your option is to pot lose one of your best players for the good of the team or try untested alternatives to get them all performing.

Ive already said to you if Anita's not seen as an option to fill in for Cabaye over an 18 year old then yes we should have had someone else. I am also able to question his ideas, i personally thought he could have moved Barfa more central to increase his influence. Im largely just arguing with people who i feel go completely OTT in their assessment. There were much bigger influences at play than anything Pardew did wrong to me.

Name them.

Ba is obviously unhappy playing wide left, its fine saying force him to play there but hes clearly affected by his motivation levels & he apparently isnt motivated to play there. So your option is to pot lose one of your best players for the good of the team or try untested alternatives to get them all performing.

Ive already said to you if Anita's not seen as an option to fill in for Cabaye over an 18 year old then yes we should have had someone else. I am also able to question his ideas, i personally thought he could have moved Barfa more central to increase his influence. Im largely just arguing with people who i feel go completely OTT in their assessment. There were much bigger influences at play than anything Pardew did wrong to me.

Name them.

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/icnewcastle/jun2007/7/3/148C3F44-A7C6-3B57-7994A5D77C02E87C.jpg

He's hung up his spoons?

We had these exact discussions last season, you're going in circles. We obviously had several games that make the total number unrepresentative of our general form, you could argue that point with yourself before even typing. A balanced approach also doesnt necessarily work if the quality of our players is not balanced across the side, this was also talked about enough last season.

The figures come from every single game played in the league over a season, you can't exclude results just because they don't fit with what you're trying to say.

Name them.

Losing Taylor meant Perch moved to CB & both goals were conceded in his position. Not having Cabaye limited our creativity massively, Jonas didnt even reach his generally already average attacking game & Barfa underperformed in comparison to previous standards. The fact we even tried Fergie at LB would suggest to me Pardew is aware of what he can bring to the table & is a positive.

The figures come from every single game played in the league over a season, you can't exclude results just because they don't fit with what you're trying to say.

Well no, thats exactly what you do if your point is that they dont represent our general form. Singular results are not representitive of your average ability are they, if they are we're better than Man Utd. All teams will have weaknesses exposed on occasion.

“I genuinely believe we can win something,” he said. “I think we can break that Champions League position. We came very close last year, we’ve kept all our best players, our young players are coming through, when this team is fully fit we can deal with anything.”

Need to play a hell of a lot better than we have so far, Alan.

I'm still unhappy with his recent comments that we as fans should realize that the summer transfer window was good or words to that effect. That came across as very condescending. His job is to manage the team, get the best out of the players and get the points. It does not include to persuade us to believe whatever he or the board wants us to believe in. We can think whatever the hell we want and most would say that notwithstanding the fact that we (to our credit) kept our best players, we missed an opportunity to either strengthen the first team or add depth to the squad (beyond Anita).

It's all fine if he thinks that we had a good summer transfer window, but if that's the case that he should not be complaining about our injuries (as they seem to be piling up now) when we don't get points or perform poorly. That's the whole point, injuries do happen in football, no team has ever gone through the whole season without injuries to their key players, that's why we need a bigger and better squad. You can't have your cake (good window) and eat it too (complain bout our injuries) Pards.

Guest Roger Kint

“I genuinely believe we can win something,” he said. “I think we can break that Champions League position. We came very close last year, we’ve kept all our best players, our young players are coming through, when this team is fully fit we can deal with anything.”

Have we played a fully fit team yet? maybe Spurs but not sure

Excluding when players have been named as sub.

Spurs - no Coloccini

Chelsea - no Tiote

Villa - no Tiote

Everton - no Coloccini, Tiote, Simpson

Norwich - no Coloccini, Simpson

Reading - no Coloccini, Simpson, Cabaye

We should be able to accomodate having 1 or 2 injuries provided they're not in the same position without having a massive dip in quality, we don't though.

Spurs - no Coloccini

Chelsea - no Tiote

Villa - no Tiote

We should be able to accomodate having 1 or 2 injuries provided they're not in the same position without having a massive dip in quality, we don't though.

Don't forget we conceded two at Reading only after Saylor came off.

Cabaye lacking fitness and Tiote missing is massive though.  Barring HBA, our midfield has looked really poor this season.  Bypassing them doesn't help of course, but we've lacked any creativity and fight so far.  Hopefully both play on Sunday, we're going to need them!

Spurs - no Coloccini

Chelsea - no Tiote

Villa - no Tiote

Don't forget we conceded two at Reading only after Saylor came off.

True and it's a simplistic list but even with Taylor on it wasn't as though it looked like we were going to dominate, just more likely nick a win.

How was Tav when he came on against Reading? Do you think Good could be close to getting a look in UEFA Cup with a view to increasing the depth.

Like a fish out of water, didn't help playing alongside Perch and Williamson though, defence was all over the place for most of the second half although he made a few individual errors too. Tiote was lambasting him at one point for just letting McAnuff skip past him.

Spurs - no Coloccini

Chelsea - no Tiote

Villa - no Tiote

Add Krul to that list for the last three of those games

:spit:

No fucking chance at all of finishing near 4th or winning anything with our threadbare squad

Guest hydeous

Tiote was lambasting him at one point for just letting McAnuff skip past him.

Wasn't nice to see that. So much for our much vaunted team spirit. Why are teammates shouting at each other? Signs that the team knows they're doing poorly.

Tiote was lambasting him at one point for just letting McAnuff skip past him.

Wasn't nice to see that. So much for our much vaunted team spirit. Why are teammates shouting at each other? Signs that the team knows they're doing poorly.

I couldn't disagree more with that. If a young player isn't doing there job right it's the more senior players duty to tell them to pull their finger out.