Alan Pardew

Dave

Being carried by players like Sissoko, a midfielder playing in the hole and Gouffran, a centre forward playing out left. Aye, okay.

The performances and results earlier in the season weren't good enough. They are now. It's unfair to say the manager is at fault for one and not to be praised for the other.

This. He's the one who's playing Sissoko in a role he never has done and is getting the best out of him. After the Reading & Brighton games I wanted him out but he's restored a lot of faith. Of course he's not perfect and will make mistakes again in the future but I'm happy with how he's getting results.

His HT talks must be the worst in world football.

I (like everyone else) would really like to know what he says in the dressing room at half time. How someone can consistently send the players out into the second half and get them to invite the pressure onto themselves is beyond me.

All in all though, a solid enough performance so Pardew did something right today. Still a lot of things he can improve on though.

Guest bimpy474

4 wins, a draw and a narrow defeat away to Spurs since the influx. Can't complain at all.

And some decent looking football too.

The midfield's a bit too muddled, especially when we don't have the ball. If we sort that put then we won't ship as many daft goals, I think it's an organisation issue, especially regarding covering full backs when they go forward.

Was thinking this during the game, when we press we don't do so effectively, it seems to everyone or no-one, it's not consistant and generally fairly ineffective. One of the CMs should've filled in for Santon who was forward for a while before getting caught out for the second n all.

Can't knock AP today though, 2 wins on the bounce in to must win games, job done. Looks like the brakes are off a little too which can only be a good thing RE: home form/entertainment.

Fair play, he appears to have brought in players to correct some of our problems that had been obvious to us for some time now. Only real concern is the way we let them back into the game early in the second half, a better team than Southampton would have probably went on to win from that position.

Fair play, he appears to have brought in players to correct some of our problems that had been obvious to us for some time now. Only real concern is the way we let them back into the game early in the second half, a better team than Southampton would have probably went on to win from that position.

Like Chelsea?

Like Chelsea?

We didn't start playing shit at any point against Chelsea IMO, they just scored two brilliant goals. The defending today for both of their goals was poor.

Guest icemanblue

We controlled the game for large periods today and fully deserved the win. Our form since the new lads came in and we got important players back has been very good. He deserves credit for the new lads settling in quickly and well. We're playing good football as well. Absolutely no complaints. Play on, playa.

The midfield's a bit too muddled, especially when we don't have the ball. If we sort that put then we won't ship as many daft goals, I think it's an organisation issue, especially regarding covering full backs when they go forward.

Was thinking this during the game, when we press we don't do so effectively, it seems to everyone or no-one, it's not consistant and generally fairly ineffective. One of the CMs should've filled in for Santon who was forward for a while before getting caught out for the second n all.

Can't knock AP today though, 2 wins on the bounce in to must win games, job done. Looks like the brakes are off a little too which can only be a good thing RE: home form/entertainment.

Completely agree, especially regarding their second goal. We have a bit of a tendency to be over-zealous/naive with our pressing and we consequently leave some gaps in the middle. I'd swap Tiote and Cabaye around too, it looks odd when their keeper lines up for a goal kick and Tiote's next to Cisse and Cabaye's covering headers in front of the back 4.

No complaints today other than how badly we started the second half, only one team looked like they came back out knowing what they had to do and with the belief to do it. We did play some nice stuff at times but I still see a massive gap between the 2 deep mids and everyone ahead of them.

No complaints today other than how badly we started the second half, only one team looked like they came back out knowing what they had to do and with the belief to do it. We did play some nice stuff at times but I still see a massive gap between the 2 deep mids and everyone ahead of them.

I think the rejigged back line had something to do with that - seemed to take MYM and Santon a little while to get their bearings, probably understandable as they've never played together and MYM normally plays on the other side.

I think the rejigged back line had something to do with that - seemed to take MYM and Santon a little while to get their bearings, probably understandable as they've never played together and MYM normally plays on the other side.

Nah. Sounds like a poor excuse. We've seen starts like that too many times.

Yep can't excuse slow starts, need to work out what's going wrong there. I don't like this pass back from kick off, Cisse runs forward then try and hit it long to him thing, no matter if it nearly works. Prefer us to pass it back and pass it around for a bit. If we had may well not have conceeded so soon.