Alan Pardew

Dave

What does he get knocked for for doing things that the doesn't do? Genuine question as I really don't know.

Playing Shola yesterday :lol:

The amount of spenks working themselves into a state because they were convinced he was going to start Shola was fucking ridiculous.

Fair few claiming he wouldn't drop Williamson either, he unsurprisingly seems to have disappeared without trace now there are better options.

Also seen today that Sissoko will have his talent coached out of him and be made defensive or some bollocks which is weird because Pardew has played him in a more attacking role than he ever has done before. A comment recently about curbing Ben Arfa's attacking instincts, to me he is a brilliant player going forward and that hasn't been hindered at all, in fact Ben Arfa himself has mentioned a few times how Pardew is the first manager to really show him and his abilities respect.

There are always 'Pardisms' knocking about.

What does he get knocked for for doing things that the doesn't do? Genuine question as I really don't know.

Playing Shola yesterday :lol:

The amount of spenks working themselves into a state because they were convinced he was going to start Shola was fucking ridiculous.

Fair few claiming he wouldn't drop Williamson either, he unsurprisingly seems to have disappeared without trace now there are better options.

Also seen today that Sissoko will have his talent coached out of him and be made defensive or some bollocks which is weird because Pardew has played him in a more attacking role than he ever has done before. A comment recently about curbing Ben Arfa's attacking instincts, to me he is a brilliant player going forward and that hasn't been hindered at all, in fact Ben Arfa himself has mentioned a few times how Pardew is the first manager to really show him and his abilities respect.

There are always 'Pardisms' knocking about.

Ben Arfa has mentioned how Pardew understands him yet it can't be argued that his season he's played far too deep so he hasn't shown as much as we would like of him in the final third. Now he'll be in a more advanced role when he returns expect this to change though.

Personally think Ben Arfa has been brilliant in most games he has played this season. I honestly can't remember him being restricted, if you don't count getting back and winning the ball (which he does pretty bloody well) as playing too deep, don't know the stats but I would guess his attacking contribution has been pretty good figures wise. Also fairly sure someone like Nani will occasionally be found 15 yards in his own half to challenge for the ball.

I also think the defensive side of the game isn't respected on here at times. There seems to be the feeling that Ben Arfa, Cisse, Marveaux, Cabaye etc.. are class attackers and players like Tiote (or just a defensive minded midfielder) shouldn't be needed against "lesser" sides so we are being negative if we expect any of the front six (or eight if you include the full backs) to defend.

This doesn't work, especially if we are want to deploy attacking full backs, in fact it's nonsense as we saw with the second goal yesterday with Taylor getting the the blame for not stopping them breaking almost unchallenged down the left side of the pitch.

Having said this I do expect to be asked to now dig through thousands of posts in match threads to find examples or be told that teams like Manchester United don't have players who defend so why should we  :laugh:

Aren't the 'Pardisms' mostly tongue in cheek? Except the Shola Ameobi one which is fully justified.

Based on the fact he seems to always have a favourite, his current being James Perch.

Maybe they are and I have missed the joke but normally they seem pretty sincere.

5 of 11 matches remaining at SJP. 2 of those are Liverpool and Arsenal (final match of season). We have shown we can fight in every single match we've played in as soon as the signings came through.  I'd say we were un-done by the brilliant and on-form player of the moment Gareth Bale. But we've been able get results at home after scoring the first, conceding the first, and of course winning away from home.

Keep looking at the fixtures to play and with Hatem coming back...I'm optimistic (cautiously) that we can continue to climb the table. Hopefully we can get at least a point at Swansea and in Russia to come back to a home match vs Stoke and Anzhi. These are going to be some exciting 4 matches man. Imagine if we can manage 4 points from the league (or 6) and on to the next round of the Europa?

Hoping Pards continues to do whatever the hell he is currently doing b/c we are playing some good football and getting results, despite starting slowly in both halves and such. Long may it continue, it feels good to be happy around here again.

On Ben Arfa he has been restricted IMO, he's been far too deep and too wide and not roaming enough say compared to how he was at the end of last season.

He seemed to have a lot more freedom then compared to start of this season.

Also another that should be mentioned is that most of this season its been easy for times to double and triple mark Ben Arfa which limits his space.

That won't happen now with Debuchy bombing on also Gouffran and Sissoko will give him shit tonnes of space by comparison.

I'm excited to see how Pardew will use him with these new signings, hopefully its something similar to last season.

All this Pardew praise man ffs :lol:

7th is par for this squad so wait until we at least get there before even starting to wank over him man :lol:

I realise that people are very quick to jump to Pardew's defence because they realise we are stuck with him and as such it's a natural delusion but ffs :lol: at least hold off a few games, we're just pulling clear of a relegation scrap 

Ben Arfa's problem earlier on in the season was the rest of the team being a bunch of statues. I honestly don't think moving him up 10 yards will make a massive difference in terms of his output, he was beating players for fun in virtually every game, but nobody else even attempted to capitalise on his good work. What will improve his output, is players around him who are far more comfortable in their roles and are actually moving around a bit. Christ, Ba and Cisse was a woeful partnership.

7th is par for this squad so wait until we at least get there before even starting to wank over him man :lol:

I realise that people are very quick to jump to Pardew's defence because they realise we are stuck with him and as such it's a natural delusion but ffs :lol: at least hold off a few games, we're just pulling clear of a relegation scrap 

I agree, the mass wanking over him has been so excessive I have gone blind and completely missed it.

Ben Arfa's problem earlier on in the season was the rest of the team being a bunch of statues. I honestly don't think moving him up 10 yards will make a massive difference in terms of his output, he was beating players for fun in virtually every game, but nobody else even attempted to capitalise on his good work. What will improve his output, is players around him who are far more comfortable in their roles and are actually moving around a bit. Christ, Ba and Cisse was a woeful partnership.

Do agree with that 100%

I agree, the mass wanking over him has been so excessive I have gone blind and completely missed it.

:lol:

7th is par for this squad so wait until we at least get there before even starting to w*** over him man :lol:

He's going to show himself to be one of the best managers we have had and it's embarrassing to read the constant stream of snide comments and over the top criticism in this thread, even after an excellent month.

:iamatwat:

Got a few comments for suggesting that only Spurs (a), Citeh (a) and Liverpool (h) were our biggest challenges remaining in the league.

Fully expect Swansea to be on a cup hangover next weekend - they're gonna do the cup parade and there's no danger of them being relegated so a great opportunity to pick up the win.

Stoke and Wigan after that - potentially a fully fit HBA back in the side but the Europa games in-between. Still see two winnable games now that we have some sort of squad.

Thats's 7-9 points and all of a sudden, 1 defeat in 8 (if we're using the team form as Pardew's measuring stick).

7th is par for this squad so wait until we at least get there before even starting to w*** over him man :lol:

He's going to show himself to be one of the best managers we have had and it's embarrassing to read the constant stream of snide comments and over the top criticism in this thread, even after an excellent month.

:iamatwat:

I just thought Cajun's post was funny man, leave me out of this shit :lol:

I don't really see how providing 1 quote proves your point of "mass wanking" anyway like.

Guys Guys in 5 years time Pardew will be close to securing his second league title with us and we'll all laugh at that season when we thought he should have got sacked. In other news the Leazes end will have just been renamed the Hatem Ben Arfa stand.

I fancy us to beat Swansea and catch both Swansea and Stoke in the next couple of weeks, aided by beating them both,  then its a case of can we chase down Liverpool and West Brom, could be a tall order but if we get on a roll and beat them then you never know.  Corresponding games last season saw us take 12 points, can we do it again?

If we continue to play with the drive and determination we have had since the new lads signed we should be going out with the mindset that every team is beatable and 3 points should be our goal, and fuck it - that includes City, Liverpool and Arsenal to the end the season. It's about time we looked dangerous and played with a bit of a chip on our shoulder, and right now is best time as any to have it. Prior the signings we would have caved going down 1-0 like we did on Sunday. Look at the end result.