Alan Pardew

Dave

I like his rugged look.

Our lack of bite attacking-wise is worrying mind. But that's another win from behind, the spirit has come back and our heads aren't dropping and that can only be a good sign.

Good substitutions today.

But as Beren said in the match thread, the gameplan is a horrible one that is more hopeful than anything, and as predicted it wasn't until we went behind that we actually started to attack Stoke with a bit of intent. Which is actually pretty shocking given that this was a home game against a mediocre Premiership side full of cloggers at a point in the season where relegation is still a big worry.

We won and imo it was a good performance.  We controlled it and we should have buried more of the chances that came our way.

We barely had any.

Guest Dontooner

Good substitutions today.

But as Beren said in the match thread, the gameplan is a horrible one that is more hopeful than anything, and as predicted it wasn't until we went behind that we actually started to attack Stoke with a bit of intent. Which is actually pretty shocking given that this was a home game against a mediocre Premiership side full of cloggers at a point in the season where relegation is still a big worry.

We won and imo it was a good performance.  We controlled it and we should have buried more of the chances that came our way. 

We didn't had many, not clear cut ones, just many aimless floated crosses. He needed his Carrol and Shola to play those tactics.

If we had an actual second forward/striker we wouldn`t look so useless going forward, or devoid of ideas when teams like Stoke come here to defend and counter.  I can`t think of much more Pardew could have done tactically. We had enough shots and crosses, just no one to put them away naturally.

If that's what passes for a good performance these days then that tells you all you need to know. We were clearly the better team but you'd see more spark at an ME disco.

My thoughts exactly.

Guest Dontooner

If we had an actual second forward/striker we wouldn`t look so useless going forward, or devoid of ideas when teams like Stoke come here to defend and counter.  I can`t think of much more Pardew could have done tactically. We had enough shots and crosses, just no one to put them away naturally.

Aimless poor time crosses. Like what the commenter said its like plucking cherries from a tree.

If that's what passes for a good performance these days then that tells you all you need to know. We were clearly the better team but you'd see more spark at an ME disco.

My thoughts exactly.

Agree. I´m dying here trying to understand how happy most in here are after that shit display.

My thoughts exactly.

Agree. I´m dying here trying to understand how happy most in here are after that shit display.

I'm really happy with the result, don't get me wrong - I'm just considering spending my weekends doing something more interesting. :lol:

It was a bad performance, but it wasn't a horrible one imo.

Yep. When you consider how garbage we've been all season long, we're not going to see a sudden change from shite to excellent over a few matches. There'll be a fluctuation; today was closer to shite than excellent but in the end it was just about enough to squeeze home, and on a one-off you've got to be fairly pleased if anything. We played far better in the reverse fixture and got beaten by the same scoreline.

We clearly deserved to win, we just made it hard for ourselves by playing to Stoke's strengths too often.

:snod:

No creativity in the no 10 position cos Sissoko's passing had gone Awol. If he'd switched position with Cabaye reckon we'd have won the game comfortably. We didn't click and we were very blunt but it wasn't like the last game against Stoke.

Maybe because you can't play really well every week?  Despite the game not hitting your standards we still controlled the game and won.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

WUM.

We have been in good form lately: http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/form-guide.html

Didn't you think that against Swansea, despite the criminal result, that we played well that day?  and again with our very recent trip to Anzhi, no?

We never play particularly well, it's just better some weeks than it is others.  But then again, you'll know that if you have eyes.

We've been better lately, as I said before the game.  However the point is that the football is tedious, there's no dynamism there whatsoever.  Just pointing out that I'm bored of watching it, I've been watching us for 20 years and I don't see much point watching us when this is the best football we're aiming for.

Not that I'll stop watching us or anything, I'm just saying I'm not particularly happy about it. :lol:

Also just to reiterate to dcmk, you're an absolute WUM for coming out with something like "Maybe because you can't play really well every week?"  Don't insult the basic perceptive skills of people who have been going to/watching the match for years and know when the football's shite every week.

He definitely doesn't have the team playing to it's potential. You can liken it to a lesser version of Chelsea who have fantastic players but look awful as a collective due to the manager. If he stays he really needs to add to his coaching staff so they can do the things that he can't with the players.