Alan Pardew

Dave

Got it wrong again today from the start and seeing as it's been a habit this season, then that's worrying. Needs to take a hard look at himself, IMO and what he is trying to do at present. If it's about keeping certain players happy (ie Ba) then that needs to stop.

Our preperation for this season has to be questioned. Too many players are not firing and the transfer window was a strong negative. If you add to this the revealing lack of consistency of formation and belief in what our best starting set up should be I'd have to say Pard8 has to take a lot of the blame for that.

After a top 5 finish and a squad on a high there was a chance this might happen (maybe some of them thought they'd get an insta-move to a top tier side I don't know). It just seems to be a lot of their minds aren't right and there is a difinite lack of composure and focus. A season which we all wished we would kick on a bit or even have that hunger to continue is one or two games away from becoming a struggle with no end in sight.

Come, on Mick. We're all p*ssed off but you're a better poster than to resort to calling him names again.

Wow, I called him an idiot, an idiot is somebody who fails to learn and that cap fits.

You don't learn, either.

The lack of 1st team personel is the main reason we are struggling.

Should have had 4 1st teamers in at the very least.

Left winger

Right Back

Centre Half

Striker

And we get a utility Midfielder we still don't know which position is his best.

Irrespective of the lack of investment, it was Pardew and the Coaching Staff job to make sure they were totally prepared and ready to improve on last season.

Looks like AP and the Players are using this season as a parade lap for last.  Get your finger out now!

He's under pressure, and has some serious questions to answer.

Team looks a shadow of its former self despite "losing no one in the summer", particular players are in poor form (Cabaye, Cisse etc.), we're constantly changing shape and formation to no avail, and the results/performances aren't forthcoming.

The derby couldn't be any bigger for him as NUFC manager.

Guest BooBoo

He's under pressure, and has some serious questions to answer.

Team looks a shadow of its former self despite "losing no one in the summer", particular players are in poor form (Cabaye, Cisse etc.), we're constantly changing shape and formation to no avail, and the results/performances aren't forthcoming.

The derby couldn't be any bigger for him as NUFC manager.

There's absolutely no fluidity or continuity in the team. The Europa games don't help in this respect.

It's a massive fortnight for Pards. If you lose a derby as NUFC manager then it's a shit stain on your record and would negate a lot of his great results last season.

That 'quality through an extra year's experience' is yet to show itself I notice. Oh, and Taylor's injured again.

If anything, and I'm not just saying this to be 'negative and dramatic', it's like being back at square one.

I'm just thankful to Ashley we kept all our players over the summer.

I think that might be a problem next summer if we keep picking wonky teams. Players don't like looking stupid over a prolonged period of time.

Guest bimpy474

I think that might be a problem next summer if we keep picking Wonga teams. Players don't like looking stupid over a prolonged period of time.

:lol:

I think that might be a problem next summer if we keep picking wonky teams. Players don't like looking stupid over a prolonged period of time.

Well, if a sovereign state comes in for them there's nothing we can do really.

Luckily, we've got people knocking on the door in the dressing room like Gosling and Obertan who would have been disappointed to miss out today.

I don't think he's under any pressure at all. New contract, coming off that season last year, no new players of note to work with, constantly playing down our chances (whilst bizarrely going on about the Champions League places every other time). Many would say he's earnt it, which is fair enough.

This season threatens to carry on as it has so far - up and down and consistently inconsistent. Similar to last year really but without the surprise factor and poor seasons from the teams around us at the time. It's still too early to judge but based on what I've seen so far, I wouldn't be surprised to see us finish 8th-10th. The big worry for me is that IMO that's not nearly going to be good enough to convince our best players to stick around.

In the summer we acted just like the flash in the pan most outsiders said we were. We didn't use that opportunity to push on. The players will see this too.

Guest BooBoo

At least now he's got a fortnight to sit down and figure out some solutions:

- Why is he persisting with a formation that doesn't work, forcing him into changing the set up after half the game?

- Why are we so slow out of the blocks?

- Why are so many of our players out of form and/or seemingly unmotivated?

- What can be done to improve our woeful set plays?

- Where is the goal threat other than Ba?