Alan Pardew

Dave

Some people need to see us coached by someone else before the penny drops.

Saw us 'coached' by Souness, Roeder, Allardyce, Kinnear and Shearer. Quite happy to keep my penny in my pocket, thanks. :thup:

Doubt any of them would be doing any worse with the current squad tbh.

The only two from that bunch that would do worse is Kinnear and Souness.

Saw us 'coached' by Souness, Roeder, Allardyce, Kinnear and Shearer. Quite happy to keep my penny in my pocket, thanks. :thup:

Doesn't Souness have a better win % with us than Pardew? Think he does, actually.

I'm actually becoming convinced he's a good coach on the training field but a very poor manager.

I think of Brian Kidd who is regarded as a good coach but was ridiculously poor as a manager. Same with Chris Hutchings.

If a current manager is a s*** manager then that practically negates everything he does as a coach with his current team.

Doesn't Souness have a better win % with us than Pardew? Think he does, actually.

If he does...then Pardew is even worse than I thought. Souness-era was grim.

The lack of goals from set plays is a big marker of his shortcomings. How hard is it to sort out some imaginative/effective set pieces?

What can Pardew do about that? I mean he does them in training but what can he do if the players simply don't score from them/defend them properly in a match?

What can he do? How about his job :lol:

:thup:

I was being sarcastic :lol: Just using the ridiculous line of reasoning that Pardews lovers

if they are going to call people Pardew "haters" :lol:

use to excuse a whole manner of his failings to show how absurd it is.

:lol: pardew gets an insane amount of leeway from some people like, 3 points off relegation 7 games to go  :whistle:

The lack of goals from set plays is a big marker of his shortcomings. How hard is it to sort out some imaginative/effective set pieces?

What can Pardew do about that? I mean he does them in training but what can he do if the players simply don't score from them/defend them properly in a match?

I was being sarcastic :lol: Just using the ridiculous line of reasoning that Pardews lovers

:lol: pardew gets an insane amount of leeway from some people like, 3 points off relegation 7 games to go  :whistle:

A point people seem to forget regularly.

But its not his fault, he only trains with them every day and has done for the past 28 months, and he only had the highest spend in January compared to other managers. To be fair to him its the players fault that we haven't scored from a corner since October 2011 too

I'm a critic of Pardew but he didn't do a great deal wrong.

Its his work on the training ground which worries me.

Well that's the point. Pardew keeps changing style and tactics knee jerk fashion because he isn't really sure of himself or his methods IMO. Contrast that with Benfica who went a goal behind but still went at us like dogs for 90 mins until we caved. They aren't the most gifted individuals but they know how they want to play and they did that.

At this point I'd like to see him sacked just so we can put this thread out of its misery

That's my main reason for not minding if he gets the boot.

Course, then we'd have to start the Alan Curbishley thread or whatever, which causes its own problems.

Had a discussion with my mate last night about why were are so bad. We came to the conclusion that the team has no identity at all.

We aren't a possesion side.

We aren't a side that press hard and force mistakes.

We don't play direct football where we get around a target man.

We don't get the ball wide and cross it.

We don't soak up pressure and counter attack,

We actually have the players to play a number of those styles but I'm not sure Pardew has a clue how he wants us to play or how he would get us to play any of these styles.

In the league it won't be.

At the same time, people have quickly written off the fact he took us to the last game of the season away from a Champions League spot.

One great season, one shit season. I'm in the camp where I think he has earned the chance to put it right. If we're still struggling come October or November next season, he deserves to be sacked. If we're back challenging the top 6, we were right to stand by him.

At the same time, people have quickly written off the fact he took us to the last game of the season away from a Champions League spot.

One great season, one shit season. I'm in the camp where I think he has earned the chance to put it right. If we're still struggling come October or November next season, he deserves to be sacked. If we're back challenging the top 6, we were right to stand by him.

agree- the ones wanting him sacked now will start again with the next manager after 3 or 4 defeats.

Guest bimpy474

agree- the ones wanting him sacked now will start again with the next manager after 3 or 4 defeats.

No i would give the new man if there was one a chance, if you see decent football you will eventually get to see decent result imo.

Do you always judge people who dont agree with you, with such a chip on your shoulder ?

One great season, one s*** season. I'm in the camp where I think he has earned the chance to put it right. If we're still struggling come October or November next season, he deserves to be sacked. If we're back challenging the top 6, we were right to stand by him.

Spot on.  I think the thread should be closed on that post.

Guest bimpy474

One great season, one s*** season. I'm in the camp where I think he has earned the chance to put it right. If we're still struggling come October or November next season, he deserves to be sacked. If we're back challenging the top 6, we were right to stand by him.

Spot on.  I think the thread should be closed on that post.

If we stay up that scenario is exactly how it will be.

No i would give the new man if there was one a chance, if you see decent football you will eventually get to see decent result imo.

Do you always judge people who dont agree with you, with such a chip on your shoulder ?

:lol:  thats canny in this thread.

July 2011 there was a large percentage of fans who thought just challenging top 7 would be an achievement, would have settled for top 10, and a fair few tipped us to struggle.

Nearly two years on, we've had a challenge for a top 4 spot, still have a chance of a European Semi Final...yet it's the people who are defending him and think he deserves a chance to turn it round who get talked down to. :lol:

July 2011 there was a large percentage of fans who thought just challenging top 7 would be an achievement, would have settled for top 10, and a fair few tipped us to struggle.

Nearly two years on, we've had a challenge for a top 4 spot, still have a chance of a European Semi Final...yet it's the people who are defending him and think he deserves a chance to turn it round who get talked down to. :lol:

It depends how you look at it though surely? If Pardew deserves another chance to reward his past success, or if the club should be ruthless for the sake of it's own future?

Sentimentality shouldn't really come into it imo, if we can get a better man in I think it would be utterly retarded not too. If we can't then fair enough, see how he does.

Fwiw I can see both sides of the argument, but I don't understand how people with one opinion seem oblivious to why others share a different view when it comes to Parpooiola.

As can I tbh, hate some of the hoof ball shit, yet cant help but agree the extra games and time away has fucked us.

I was just having a bit of fun with the haters saying they would want the next bloke sacked after a few defeats.

They are so hell bent on hating, they seem to have lost thier sense of humour and perspective.

Saying anything thats not all out Anti Pardew in here is like sticking your cock in a wasps nest. :lol:

In the league it won't be.

That's what I thought.

Guest bimpy474

:lol:  thats canny in this thread.

Well tbf, reading a few of your posts in defence of Pardew (quite rightly as/if that's your opinion), your replies are a little dismissive, and a wee bit chippy shouldered, or maybe that's just how they look and read to me.

Old Pardew does seem to divide people, rather a large porportion is growing larger it would seem.