Alan Pardew

Dave

The lack of goals from set plays is a big marker of his shortcomings. How hard is it to sort out some imaginative/effective set pieces?

What can Pardew do about that? I mean he does them in training but what can he do if the players simply don't score from them/defend them properly in a match?

What can he do? How about his job :lol:

:thup:

I was being sarcastic :lol: Just using the ridiculous line of reasoning that Pardews lovers

if they are going to call people Pardew "haters" :lol:

use to excuse a whole manner of his failings to show how absurd it is.

:lol: pardew gets an insane amount of leeway from some people like, 3 points off relegation 7 games to go  :whistle:

At the same time, people have quickly written off the fact he took us to the last game of the season away from a Champions League spot.

One great season, one shit season. I'm in the camp where I think he has earned the chance to put it right. If we're still struggling come October or November next season, he deserves to be sacked. If we're back challenging the top 6, we were right to stand by him.

agree- the ones wanting him sacked now will start again with the next manager after 3 or 4 defeats.

No i would give the new man if there was one a chance, if you see decent football you will eventually get to see decent result imo.

Do you always judge people who dont agree with you, with such a chip on your shoulder ?

:lol:  thats canny in this thread.

Well tbf, reading a few of your posts in defence of Pardew (quite rightly as/if that's your opinion), your replies are a little dismissive, and a wee bit chippy shouldered, or maybe that's just how they look and read to me.

Old Pardew does seem to divide people, rather a large porportion is growing larger it would seem.

I have no idea what your on about tbh.

just looks to me like the hatred is Ott and affecting peoples perspective on things.

Guest ElCid

The lack of goals from set plays is a big marker of his shortcomings. How hard is it to sort out some imaginative/effective set pieces?

What can Pardew do about that? I mean he does them in training but what can he do if the players simply don't score from them/defend them properly in a match?

I was being sarcastic :lol: Just using the ridiculous line of reasoning that Pardews lovers

:lol: pardew gets an insane amount of leeway from some people like, 3 points off relegation 7 games to go  :whistle:

At the same time, people have quickly written off the fact he took us to the last game of the season away from a Champions League spot.

One great season, one s*** season. I'm in the camp where I think he has earned the chance to put it right. If we're still struggling come October or November next season, he deserves to be sacked. If we're back challenging the top 6, we were right to stand by him.

Spot on.  I think the thread should be closed on that post.

What concerns me is even last season how many games were fans saying that the tactics were not right within a lot of games - I can think of a number of games when wonder strikes won games after being second best within the actual game. I just see the same basic mistakes and poor tactical line ups and plans being used game after game. His overall record at a management level is not very good either and we look like conceding against any opposition no mater what formation or players we have played. If I had been able to see any sign of errors being addressed or problem areas being worked on I would agree but it's just not happening and that has to be down to the coaching standards as the same things have been ongoing all season long.

One great season, one s*** season. I'm in the camp where I think he has earned the chance to put it right. If we're still struggling come October or November next season, he deserves to be sacked. If we're back challenging the top 6, we were right to stand by him.

The "One great season" is just that, one season, and he's been managing for 14 seasons, not two.

Guest bimpy474

One great season, one shit season. I'm in the camp where I think he has earned the chance to put it right. If we're still struggling come October or November next season, he deserves to be sacked. If we're back challenging the top 6, we were right to stand by him.

agree- the ones wanting him sacked now will start again with the next manager after 3 or 4 defeats.

No i would give the new man if there was one a chance, if you see decent football you will eventually get to see decent result imo.

Do you always judge people who dont agree with you, with such a chip on your shoulder ?

:lol:  thats canny in this thread.

Well tbf, reading a few of your posts in defence of Pardew (quite rightly as/if that's your opinion), your replies are a little dismissive, and a wee bit chippy shouldered, or maybe that's just how they look and read to me.

Old Pardew does seem to divide people, rather a large porportion is growing larger it would seem.

I have no idea what your on about tbh.

just looks to me like the hatred is Ott and affecting peoples perspective on things.

Fwiw I can see both sides of the argument, but I don't understand how people with one opinion seem oblivious to why others share a different view when it comes to Parpooiola.

As can I tbh, hate some of the hoof ball shit, yet cant help but agree the extra games and time away has fucked us.

I was just having a bit of fun with the haters saying they would want the next bloke sacked after a few defeats.

They are so hell bent on hating, they seem to have lost thier sense of humour and perspective.

Saying anything thats not all out Anti Pardew in here is like sticking your cock in a wasps nest. :lol:

Erm well maybe it's from this type of comment, and several similar ones that i've read from you.

Is not a bit chippy to group people who want Pardew out together with the over the top ones.

That would depend on who he was replaced with but carry on being daft in an attempt to justify Pardew by making it look as if people only want shot of him because of 3 or 4 defeats.

That would depend on who he was replaced with but carry on being daft in an attempt to justify Pardew by making it look as if people only want shot of him because of 3 or 4 defeats.

meant as a tongue in cheek dig at the haters, to make the point- whoever it is if there's shit results there will be a noisy minority who just dont like him,calling for his head.

meant as a tongue in cheek dig at the haters, to make the point- whoever it is if there's s*** results there will be a noisy minority who just dont like him,calling for his head.

If the fans believe in a manager he'll get time, Keegan and Bobby were given plenty because people bought into what they were trying to do because they were both trusted by the fans.

meant as a tongue in cheek dig at the haters, to make the point- whoever it is if there's s*** results there will be a noisy minority who just dont like him,calling for his head.

If the fans believe in a manager he'll get time, Keegan and Bobby were given plenty because people bought into what they were trying to do because they were both trusted by the fans.

fair dos- looks like pards will get as much time as he wants anyway if he keeps us in the division, as I believe that is the minimum requirement the board expect of him. and tbh that could be the real issue in all of this regardless of who is manager- the clubs ambition is only to stay in the division, and will  give the manager the players needed to do this.

Guest bimpy474

I base my whole argument on the state of the football we play. Injuries, small squad, Europe.

None of that is an excuse for playing long ball and having the worst set penises since Field Marshal Douglas Haig. It is and will always be about the football we play, and we play crap, non possession, boring, percentage, bad tactical football. Simple in my eyes.

If i see change next season then i'll happily back him again, can't see it but i hope we do.

I base my whole argument on the state of the football we play. Injuries, small squad, Europe.

None of that is an excuse for playing long ball and having the worst set penises since Field Marshal Douglas Haig. It is and will always be about the football we play, and we play crap, non possession, boring, percentage, bad tactical football. Simple in my eyes.

If i see change next season then i'll happily back him again, can't see it but i hope we do.

You forgot that every player in the squad has become worse this season, even the new boys have started to look bad.

Guest bimpy474

You forgot that every player in the squad has become worse this season, even the new boys have started to look bad.

I think that comes from playing in a team that isn't playing well, with no real strategy or pattern of play. Win some games you will see confident players.

But under Pardew we dont seem to be able to a run going, and we are not likely too if he continues to focus on the oppositions strengths rather than ours. Which is exactly why we have no real system/pattern, he doesn't concentrate on our strengths and builds on them.....enough. I say enough because i think he sees it but is too scared to let the team have a go.

I just wish we would play how we did against Benfica for large percentages in the league.... ok there were times when we gave the ball away but in the main we actually got into positions to create for Cisse.

Cisse probably got more chances last night then he did for last month in the league all that against a team who would beat probably around 13/14 of the teams in the PL week in week out.

Its not the holy grail but it would be a start and we wouldn't be 3 points above relegation if we did.

Guest Dontooner

There is no need of the stray opinions of some posters. Its obvious there is a Pardew "out" is not good enough and a Pardew "In" because he has a good an bad season group.

Pardew himself will show you in time who is the fool, couple of crucial games might cut his Pro group out cold or a very Good Season Next will change the Anti fans into Pardew supports.

Just hold your hands up when you are the fool. Opinions normally defer but there is always a right and wrong group.

It's tough to say sack him when we have no clue whatsoever which manager the club would look to replace him with. I think providing we don't go down, he deserves a shot next season to put things right.

What a buzz there was around the club last season, why can't he bring it back? I think the players should shoulder some responsibility for the poor performances this season, it isn't all bad tactics.

Guest neesy111

Both sides have valid reasons for wanting him sacked or for keeping him on tbh.  Ultimely he should be judged on results and results alone.

There is no need of the stray opinions of some posters. Its obvious there is a Pardew "out" is not good enough and a Pardew "In" because he has a good an bad season group.

Pardew himself will show you in time who is the fool, couple of crucial games might cut his Pro group out cold or a very Good Season Next will change the Anti fans into Pardew supports.

Just hold your hands up when you are the fool. Opinions normally defer but there is always a right and wrong group.

The thing is, nobody is right or wrong.  It will not change how bad this season has been if we do well next season and last season will not become worse than it was because of this season.

Is he a good manager or a one season wonder?  Some think he's a good manager based on one season while others think he's a poor manager based on what he’s done here and most of his managerial career which has been more lows than highs.  Personally, I've seen very little during his time here to think he can do anything more than stagnate and fluke the odd decent result/league finish.

We simply haven’t progressed as a team under him other than our league position last year which was more often than not based on some negative football and tactics.  I know this has been done to death but it shouldn’t be forgotten.  He spends 4 out of 5 days coaching the team to defend and we’re about as bad as it gets in this division, even if somebody on here tries to disregard some goals conceded.  Our defence includes an international keeper, an international left back, an international right back and two international centre backs if fit and played together.  Our midfield can contain 5 international players and our main forward plays for his country.

I see no reason to believe that a team which can contain 11 internationals aren’t better than what we’ve seen this season and I’ve seen nothing to make me believe that our manager is playing the type of football that best suits our players.  I don’t think we have a single player who thrives with us sitting back as often as we do and I can only put that down to Pardew. 

I would guess that our lowest international player count this season doesn’t go below 50% yet teams who would struggle to field that many on a good day are doing better than we are.

I’m sick of the excuses that he and others come out with on his behalf.  We aren’t a team that should be looking to scrape enough points to stay in the division with 7 games remaining and it’s a massive waste of the players in our squad.

What is our playing style?  Do we have anything as a team that anybody could call a strength?  I’d fail to answer either of those questions and he’s been here for something like 2 ½ seasons and that’s piss poor. 

I don’t see anything to suggest that he’s going to change, he’s got a personal comfort zone and he’ll stick to it because it’s all that he knows and that’s a problem because his idea of how football should be played doesn’t match what our players are good at or comfortable with.  He’ll dabble from time to time and it will fail more often than not because the players aren’t used to it under him as we don’t seem to work on it.

If we’re going to do well on a constant basis then he’s going to have to change and I’m not sure that he’s capable or comfortable enough to see it through.  If he’s going to change then it will have to be what we work on at the start of the season and we would have to stick with it.  Again, I can’t see any evidence of that being likely to happen and for that reason I will see next season as more than likely being another wasted season if he's still at the club.

The excuses used this season by Mr Negativity just don’t add up.  The reasons he uses for excuses aren’t enough for a 5th placed team to become a 15th placed team yet some are falling for it.  If people want to fall for the shit he comes out with then so be it, ignorance can be bliss but it will not change where we are and how poorly we’ve played.

If people think he’s the right manager for us, why?  What makes him right for us?  Don’t use the shitty argument that we can’t do better than him because that’s bollocks.  The argument that he’s going to suddenly have us playing free flowing attacking football is pie in the sky and baseless.

Guest Dontooner

The problem with opinions are that they come from different angles, how deep the thoughts or analysis put into them are questionable.

Hey thats why we are individuals , some like it in the Euro and some not. The facts are normally the things that puts a stop to deferring views...

I have thought Pardew was poor even in his 1st season with us that brought us to our highest 5th place finish in a long time.

Hey i was verbal about it in the forums and took a real beating but that didnt stop me expressing my concerns.

Lived too long not to notice only facts will make an argument right  , too many muppets and simple minded followers out there.

If everybody were to be see things the right way everybody would be successful and happy, well you still can be happy being wrong.

Bollocks.

Top post.