Alan Pardew

Dave

We weren't struck by lightning tonight, we were punished for mistakes in and around our box because that's where we invited them to play the majority of the game.

Could just be they were a very good team that legitimately pushed us back at times?

No complaints from me tonight, thought he set us up well, started both halves strongly, which has been a weakness but was undone by the kind of mistakes you can't really legislate for, and the Perch injury came at a really bad time.

That's a really good point actually, one that I'd forgotten. He wasn't pulling up any trees but I honestly think he's useful in there because he holds a position and retains possession. I thought Anita was rubbish when he came on - the polar opposite to the relatively calming influence of Perch.

Perch shouldn't have come out for the 2nd half, he was useless in the first.

We weren't struck by lightning tonight, we were punished for mistakes in and around our box because that's where we invited them to play the majority of the game.

Could just be they were a very good team that legitimately pushed us back at times?

No complaints from me tonight, thought he set us up well, started both halves strongly, which has been a weakness but was undone by the kind of mistakes you can't really legislate for, and the Perch injury came at a really bad time.

:thup:

We were never going to keep up the first 20 minutes against a quality side like them, just doesn't happen.

I'm not sure they are all THAT good. They certainly attack with gusto, but that's as much to do with style than substance. Even after all their pressing it still took our help for them to score their goals.

We spend 80% of our training time working on defence and still have one of the worst defensive records in the league.  Tonight we've probably sealed our fate in the UEFA because of 2 defensive mistakes and we didn’t look comfortable at the back at all.  I’d love to know what we actually do for 4 days a week because I see no evidence of it during a match.

Conceded the most away goals in the entire league yes thats us nufc, anyone thinking we were going to benfica to do one on them would had been very misguided.

These players as a team will never reach their full potential under him, so what's the point in keeping him on as manager.

We got an influx of players in Jan (6 months too late) and whilst looking like pushing us on, they too have started to look like the struggling squad that started the season. Who's fault is that exactly?

The alarm bells rang in the first few pre season games, with players not fit and looking disinterested. It was the start of a new season and you just finished 5th!

I don't hate the bloke, but I hate his take on football.

Seriously though I do wish he would stop this sissoko second striker nonsense,  he's not Kevin f***ing Nolan, the boy is wasted playing so far up there.

A post away from two assists.

Pardew saying he thinks Taylor was really unlucky with the penalty decision. The deluded twat should be sacked for that alone.

manager defending his player shocker how dare he do what every single other manager in the history of the game has ever done

Pardew saying he thinks Taylor was really unlucky with the penalty decision. The deluded t*** should be sacked for that alone.

Sometimes i think you would rather lose every game just so Pardew will leave.

Can you convince me this isn't the case?

Pardew saying he thinks Taylor was really unlucky with the penalty decision. The deluded twat should be sacked for that alone.

He's not laying into arguably his most important player (given the options in reserve). Get a grip.

Guest bimpy474

Pardew saying he thinks Taylor was really unlucky with the penalty decision. The deluded t*** should be sacked for that alone.

As much as i hate Pardew the team comes before all else. Never ever wanted us to lose........ever.

a few of the haters have hit this low, sad

To be fair Sissoko must have tripped or something and Taylor wouldn't have seen the ball until very late. A stupid thing to do but it's a reaction more than purposefully being a dick.

He should've just let it hit his arm, not move his arm towards the ball.

Seriously though I do wish he would stop this sissoko second striker nonsense,  he's not Kevin f***ing Nolan, the boy is wasted playing so far up there.

A post away from two assists.

Great one was largely created due to Danny Simpson.

How many shots did he have?  Did he even look like scoring tonight?  He needed to play deeper tonight as we lost hold of the ball in the middle of the park

To be fair Sissoko must have tripped or something and Taylor wouldn't have seen the ball until very late. A stupid thing to do but it's a reaction more than purposefully being a dick.

Taylor stepped on Sissoko's ankle and it looked like Sissoko fell over in pain and Taylor saw it late, and he reacted that way. Was what I thought.