Alan Pardew

Dave

Tiote is a poor footballer in general and his role should be needed in 10-15 games a season.  Colo is in the twlight of his career.  Both are explainable.

Both are under constant pressure because of how we play, you're not seeing the wood for the trees.

Guest neesy111

Tiote is a poor footballer in general and his role should be needed in 10-15 games a season.  Colo is in the twlight of his career.  Both are explainable.

Both are under constant pressure because of how we play, you're not seeing the wood for the trees.

No I can see the wood, Pardew has a lot of questions to answer and this season is one of the worst I've seen for the football being played but the team isn't as good as what some people are claiming and it's very unbalanced which is not to do with Pardew.

I do want Pardew gone btw, mainly because I think he's a complete bullshitter.

What's left is a few good players, injured players and players who've been poor all season. Doesn't help your case one bit.

Why have those players been poor all season?  Is it not the manager’s responsibility to make sure the players are performing?

The poor performances of Colo and Tiote in particular this season go way beyond what they're being told in the dressing room.

Tiote's not a great example imo, he's one of the players Pardew could definitely have an effect on by giving him the right responsibilities/instructions.

Tiote is not a poor footballer, in fact he's more technically gifted than half the DMs in the prem. 

He just holds on to ball for far too long, partlyly due to instructions as well.  And the way Pardew's team s set out it just compounds his problems.

In theory most team's defensive midfielder should have the most and easiest choice of passing options as he is surrounded with his 4 defenders behind him and 4 midfielders infront.  In our team we make it tough even for the defensive midfielder as Pardew always discourage passing and movement, therefore players are so far apart that a simple short pass becomes difficult. 

Watch Barcelona , the reason they keep the ball is not because they are all amazing passing wizards you watch their movement,  when a player gets the ball he always have 5 or 6 teammates available to pass to,  you have you be a complete turd to fuck up a pass playing in their team.  People see them as these fancy dans but its not that at all, its their industrial workman-like that is amazing their fitness to move continuously. Working for each other making it easy for each other.

Im Not saying tiote does not bring a lot of problems to himself as he is guilty of bad decisions and holding on to the ball way too long when there is a clear option to pass,  but... It's usually just one option one he has available to recieve the ball and that is most likely Cabaye.  Barcelona is a bad example because a lot of teams in the prem when their midfielder gets the ball they have 2-3 players ready to receive the ball.  In our team we usually have one.

Jesus christ.  Tiote's dwelling on the ball problem contributed to Pardew now? Instructed? Does anyone know he's already well-known for this during his spell at Twente?

Guest neesy111

Jesus christ.  Tiote's dwelling on the ball problem contributed to Pardew now? Instructed? Does anyone know he's already well-known for this during his spell at Twente?

Teams close him down more than in his 1st season and that has exposed his weakness with his ball control.  Nothing to do with Pardew, though you could ask what are the coaching staff doing to help him with that?

So you'd rather waste another season and bin him in September/October than get a good manager who will play positive football in over summer?

Boggles my mind all this. You constantly say the club can't get anyone better than this mug - we'll have a hell of a lot more chance in the summer than after two months of a new one, but apparently this comes second to giving him a "chance". We're not running a fucking charity giving opportunity to the under-achieving, it's a multi million pound football club and we're giving people "chances", utterly ludicrous.

You know as well as I do that he's not going to change his football philosophy. Why would anyone want to watch this negative turgid rubbish for another season?

I don't actually think he's got a football philosophy. His game plan is mainly just defend in numbers and then hope we get a goal from one of the two attacking players we'll have in our line up. It's the same game plan he'd have if he was in charge of Stockport County.

Teams close him down more than in his 1st season and that has exposed his weakness with his ball control.  Nothing to do with Pardew, though you could ask what are the coaching staff doing to help him with that?

Remember the days when we think "Tiote is classy" when he did those moves during his first season? In fact he has been doing all these since his early days (and caught out a lot of times as well). Yes you could say Pardew failed to coach him not to do so, but to say Pardew instructed him to do that? Serious?

I really don't understand what is going on here. Look at our last few appointments: Hughton, Shearer, JFK, KK (2nd Reign), Allardyce, Roeder, Souness.  None of them suffer that lot negative comments here.  Today it is Tiote's dwelling, yesterday it is Marveaux playing time, 3 months ago it is why he didn't issue ultimatum to Ashley for more players, 6 months ago was the long ball and hoof ball, one year ago it is HBA's tracking back and playing time. On and on and on. Oh yea to some people here spending 2m on Obertan is an unforgivable sin as well.

Just sack him please.  I have had enough of all these bullshits.  Just sack him and hire another one, hopefully that one, no matter how shit he is like JFK / Souness, he probably won't be treated like this. Please just sack Pardew.

Guest Dontooner

Yes please sack him if we lose both Fulham and the Mackems ...

He is a poor tactical manager and that will not change in the short term.

IF Pardew leaving is going get us a better manager or not get us relegated for the better of this club we will need to pull the trigger.

The fans are split because of the state we are in , the same can be said for last year when the performances didnt match the results for the full season.

Remember the days when we think "Tiote is classy" when he did those moves during his first season? In fact he has been doing all these since his early days (and caught out a lot of times as well). Yes you could say Pardew failed to coach him not to do so, but to say Pardew instructed him to do that? Serious?

I really don't understand what is going on here. Look at our last few appointments: Hughton, Shearer, JFK, KK (2nd Reign), Allardyce, Roeder, Souness.  None of them suffer that lot negative comments here.  Today it is Tiote's dwelling, yesterday it is Marveaux playing time, 3 months ago it is why he didn't issue ultimatum to Ashley for more players, 6 months ago was the long ball and hoof ball, one year ago it is HBA's tracking back and playing time. On and on and on. Oh yea to some people here spending 2m on Obertan is an unforgivable sin as well.

Just sack him please.  I have had enough of all these bullshits.  Just sack him and hire another one, hopefully that one, no matter how shit he is like JFK / Souness, he probably won't be treated like this. Please just sack Pardew.

:lol: Fucking hell, the "I just want Pardew sacked so the big bullies on N-O stop calling him names" campaign is gathering pace.

I'm trying to dig up some quotes but haven't had much luck, I'm sure Pardew made comments about turning Tiote into the "complete midfielder" and if that's the case then it's not unfair to say that Pardew (in this instance) isn't very good at spotting his players' strengths and weaknesses, and instructing them accordingly.  The way Tiote's game has changed since he joined us would appear to back this up, but no - it's another case of players ignoring instructions and doing their own thing. :lol:

Guest neesy111

:dowie:

Doesn't matter if he is directly instructed or not, 

the team as a whole is instructed to hold a rigid static shape, meaning no one to pass to.

I'm trying to dig up some quotes but haven't had much luck, I'm sure Pardew made comments about turning Tiote into the "complete midfielder" and if that's the case then it's not unfair to say that Pardew (in this instance) isn't very good at spotting his players' strengths and weaknesses, and instructing them accordingly.  The way Tiote's game has changed since he joined us would appear to back this up, but no - it's another case of players ignoring instructions and doing their own thing. :lol:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6635071,00.html

He said: "He reminds me of Essien, if I am honest, he is that type.

"When he attacks teams and runs at them, he could be as effective for us as Essien is for Chelsea."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you have to attribute a lot of this season's mess to Pardew. Certain players have been below par in their performances and have at times looked utterly shot for confidence, but when you have a manager who isn't taking a confident approach to setting up his team that's obviously going to be the end-result. Our only game-plan is to cancel-out the opposition's gameplan and try to grab a goal, and frankly that's unacceptable with the players we have. We showed glimpses of a more confident set-up, designed to take the game to the opposition, following the arrivals of Gouffran and Sissoko et al, but that was short lived and we've slipped back into the old negative approach pretty quickly.

I'd be willing to give him another season on the back of last years success alone but he desperately needs to look at his short-comings and change his approach.

Guest bimpy474

I think you have to attribute a lot of this season's mess to Pardew. Certain players have been below par in their performances and have at times looked utterly shot for confidence, but when you have a manager who isn't taking a confident approach to setting up his team that's obviously going to be the end-result. Our only game-plan is to cancel-out the opposition's gameplan and try to grab a goal, and frankly that's unacceptable with the players we have. We showed glimpses of a more confident set-up, designed to take the game to the opposition, following the arrivals of Gouffran and Sissoko et al, but that was short lived and we've slipped back into the old negative approach pretty quickly.

I'd be willing to give him another season on the back of last years success alone but he desperately needs to look at his short-comings and change his approach.

This is the bit which worries me, if you think he has done absolutely nothing about our set pieces for nearly two years, it just doesn't bode well.

I don't think he can change as he simply isn't good enough to.

This is the bit which worries me, if you think he has done absolutely nothing about our set pieces for nearly two years, it just doesn't bode well.

wot

Guest bimpy474

wot

Our set pieces mate, Pardew has done nothing about them at all. If he can't change them, i can't see him changing his whole approach to football in general.