Alan Pardew

Dave

I happen to think he's spot on.

Thursday was a much bigger game than sunday and he's saying we're bigger than that and should have more ambition than to just win derbies which appears to be their only ambition.

If we go down this season will you still claim the same?

aye.

Thursday was a massive chance to win something, something i've not seen us do.

I've seen us relegated and promoted 3 times so i'd have taken that just to have won something.

Thursday was a much bigger game than sunday and he's saying we're bigger than that and should have more ambition than to just win derbies which appears to be their only ambition.

If he is saying fan reaction was over the top I think he's wrong. But I don't know that he is, he might just be trying to downplay the situation in general, or be referring to pundits etc.

In context that whole interview doesn't read too badly. At least when he talks about Sunderland he also admits we'll have to carry our own burden of defeat.

Reads better than each line in isolation.

That is just as bad.

I see what you're saying, yes and no IMO. Obviously he should be impressing on the players how dire the situation is, but in public he needs to make it sound like everything is calm.

At the end of the day the performance against WBA will be the telling thing.

Yep, agree with that.

I see what you're saying, yes and no IMO. Obviously he should be impressing on the players how dire the situation is, but in public he needs to make it sound like everything is calm.

You're so gullible, you'll always give him another game.

Thought I'd got away with a couple of pages without attracting an idiotic insult there.

FWIW I wasn't commenting on anything other than these quotes.

aye.

Thursday was a massive chance to win something, something i've not seen us do.

I've seen us relegated and promoted 3 times so i'd have taken that just to have won something.

:lol:

I've seen us win something once and would love to see it again, going down is a much lower low than winning something is a high.  The last relegation was a one off as I can't remember us going down and coming straight back up again.

Thought I'd got away with a couple of pages without attracting an idiotic insult there.

I suggest you look up the meaning of "gullible"

If he is saying fan reaction was over the top I think he's wrong. But I don't know that he is, he might just be trying to downplay the situation in general, or be referring to pundits etc.

In context that whole interview doesn't read too badly. At least when he talks about Sunderland he also admits we'll have to carry our own burden of defeat.

Reads better than each line in isolation.

That is just as bad.

If we lose then it'll be because Marveaux and Tiote are out, you know it. :laugh:

I'm gonna take a punt on an outsider this week and go for 'wind'.

In fact, we should have an excuse poll thread each week.  Overall winner gets a tin of spam.

If 'gullible' is an insult now then the world is really getting bloody precious.

If 'gullible' is an insult now then the world is really getting bloody precious.

It's not exactly nice is it?

Guest neesy111

I've went from feeling sorry to being embarrassed by him now, all these comments to me show he's feeling the pressure of the situation.

This is thankfully on the whole a very non-confrontational and friendly board, calling somebody gullible is about as bad as it gets for the most part. No need to cry offense over something so petty.

Guest icemanblue

This is thankfully on the whole a very non-confrontational and friendly board, calling somebody gullible is about as bad as it gets for the most part. No need to cry offense over something so petty.

(compared to RTG)

:lol: at you :lol: 'ing it.

I'm just waiting for this Kunt to come out post WBA, (after a 93rd winner off Cisse's backside after being camped in our own 18yrd box for 90mins) and say that's made up for last Sunday's result!

3 points would be very welcome but he needs a performance too that suggests he can do something that's only happened by accident previously and that is get this talented bunch of lads playing football.

Absolutely sick of this cunt now like. Get the fuck out. Every comment, interview, substitution is just the wrong thing to do. He has no clue how to get this club out of the predicament his negative football and tactics have put us in.

Do we have the full quotes yet?

'The Europa League game definitely had an effect and a lot of clubs would have given right arm to be in the quarter-final of the Europa League and it was consequence of "going for it".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2311660/Alan-Pardew-Derby-day-criticism-top.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

right, let's be serious now. is he saying that we lost on Sunday because we tried to win for 20 minutes the Thursday before?