NUFC Statistical Analysis (12/13 Season)

SEMTEX

Ok I get it now. But still. why is it the battle of 5th when you calculate that only 3 teams is going to be too good for us. Just because 67 points historically will get you a 5th place that doesn´t make this a battle of 5th :lol:

Predicting 3 teams to not 'need' to win against is irrelevant. It isn't a battle for 5th in reality, it's a battle for 67 points. Which incidentally, will definitely not achieve 4th.

I think it just would not surprise many if we finish above Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal these days, hence the "Battle for 4th" move is understandable. But realistically, the aim should be to aim for at least a repeat of last season, which I would welcome with open arms if we are to have extra games in Europe and a rather small squad.

Also worth mentioning that we had a "Battle for 7th" thread running for the whole length of last season, but soon we eventually saw our chance at 4th, before ultimately settling for 5th. The thread title is irrelevant, it's the final league position that matters. :)

No one is demanding a top 4 finish. I just think that you should have a "realistic dream" and I think, as you says, that it is to finish top 4.

too have a battle of 5-7 just because that may be the likely outcome feels quite lame too me.

I think it just would not surprise many if we finish above Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal these days, hence the "Battle for 4th" move is understandable. But realistically, the aim should be to aim for at least a repeat of last season, which I would welcome with open arms if we are to have extra games in Europe and a rather small squad.

Also worth mentioning that we had a "Battle for 7th" thread running for the whole length of last season, but soon we eventually saw our chance at 4th, before ultimately settling for 5th. The thread title is irrelevant, it's the final league position that matters. :)

No one is demanding a top 4 finish. I just think that you should have a "realistic dream" and I think, as you says, that it is to finish top 4.

too have a battle of 5-7 just because that may be the likely outcome feels quite lame too me.

Fight it out with:

Thanks and well done for taking it on.

I must say however that the original premise of 7th is more realistic for us and will ultimately be more enjoyable in it's achievability.

Ok I get it now. But still. why is it the battle of 5th when you calculate that only 3 teams is going to be too good for us. Just because 67 points historically will get you a 5th place that doesn´t make this a battle of 5th :lol:

Predicting 3 teams to not 'need' to win against is irrelevant. It isn't a battle for 5th in reality, it's a battle for 67 points. Which incidentally, will definitely not achieve 4th.

Well, I´m sorry. I still think the title, in opposite to it´s content, is badly misleading (or what you should call it).

Well fine. If we look at that from last season, we set up the Battle for 7th because that was our "realistic dream", so this season, our dream of top 4 would not be a bad shout. If "Battle for 4th" inspires more confidence for you, then I can see where you're coming from. :thup:

Well fine. If we look at that from last season, we set up the Battle for 7th because that was our "realistic dream", so this season, our dream of top 4 would not be a bad shout. If "Battle for 4th" inspires more confidence for you, then I can see where you're coming from. :thup:

:nope:

Guest BooBoo

I know what you mean but it's the first match of the season. :lol:

No difference to any other game. Man Utd will finish above both us and Everton so I'd rather old Purple Nose had taken the points.

No difference to any other game. Man Utd will finish above both us and Everton so I'd rather old Purple Nose had taken the points.

I'm just saying I'm not really concerned about any results other than our own at this stage of the season - Spurs could win at Everton, we could beat Man Utd at home again, whatever.  37 games left yet.  Same goes for Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool getting beat, I'm not really fussed either way at this point.

Not sure there is anything more to add after one game.

I may make new graphs, but I'm not entirely sure they're going to add too quite yet :lol:

August Results - up to GW 1

Everton (+2)

Newcastle, Sunderland (0)

Tottenham, Liverpool (-1)

Arsenal (-2)

Actual Table - up to GW 1

Everton, Newcastle (3)

Arsenal, Sunderland (1)

Tottenham, Liverpool (0)

I'm just saying I'm not really concerned about any results other than our own at this stage of the season - Spurs could win at Everton, we could beat Man Utd at home again, whatever.  37 games left yet.  Same goes for Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool getting beat, I'm not really fussed either way at this point.

:no: That didn't really happen marra  :)

I'm the exact opposite. I watch every game from week one wondering how it will impact us and rooting for the appropriate team. A stressful way of going about things, but I can't help it.