Thoughts on this summer's transfer window

Wallace
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It amazes me, everyone accepted that we were on a budget and everyone recognised we needed more players but were happy with working on a budget.

OUT OF THE WINDOW NOW!  :lol:

Expectations have risen like a vampire starting his night shift.

It was a great chance for the club to really push on, which we have failed massively to do. We still have a good team but a weak squad, that will be punished playing in europe every other weak. That along with the fact that other teams around us have gotten stronger means we will probably be looking at a top 10 finish, but nowhere near the top 6.

It amazes me, everyone accepted that we were on a budget and everyone recognised we needed more players but were happy with working on a budget.

Nephu Gimp,

Everyone accepts we're on a budget, we've had failed bids of 8 figures on more than one occassion, yet we've spent £3m.

We've targeted RB, not signed anyone, we haven't replaced two strikers that have left and failed with targets.

Expectations have not risen, stupidity has evidently though and comprehension levels have gone out the window.

I really do have to go now, best wishes.

Uncal Eric.

It was a great chance for the club to really push on, which we have failed massively to do. We still have a good team but a weak squad, that will be punished playing in europe every other weak. That along with the fact that other teams around us have gotten stronger means we will probably be looking at a top 10 finish, but nowhere near the top 6.

The window hasn't shut yet.

And all these teams that have improved in and around us...Everton...yeah picked up some good players.  Chelsea have spent crazy money from their Russian owner.  Who else?

And all these teams that have improved in and around us...Everton...yeah picked up some good players.  Chelsea have spent crazy money from their Russian owner.  Who else?

Spurs, Liverpool...even friggin Sun'lun

Nephu Gimp,

Everyone accepts we're on a budget, we've had failed bids of 8 figures on more than one occassion, yet we've spent £3m.

We've targeted RB, not signed anyone, we haven't replaced two strikers that have left and failed with targets.

Expectations have not risen, stupidity has evidently though and comprehension levels have gone out the window.

Uncal Eric.

:pardspush:

Spurs, Liverpool...even friggin Sun'lun

IM not worried about Liverpool or Sunderland.

Spurs have made some quality signings but have a douche bag as a manager...and we already beat them with only one addition to our team.  Anita.

Yeah im not really talking about City, Chelsea or Man Utd.

I think Spurs have or certainly are in the process of improving, as you said Everton certainly have. Liverpool look stronger than last year.

We just beat Spurs with only one difference to our team.  Anita.

Liverpool still look gash to me.

Everton are maybe the only team that look like they are up for it so far.

So really, its just Everton in my eyes. 

If nothing happens in the remaining days i'll be worried to see how we cope with EL and the premier league...unless Pardew knows the young'uns are ready.

If nothing happens in the remaining days i'll be worried to see how we cope with EL and the premier league...unless Pardew knows the young'uns are ready.

The way we deal with europe and the league is also my main concern. I also think we played Spurs at the perfect time, there team will be vastly different form the one that started against us, to the one on deadline day.

I'm going to wait until the window closes before giving a considered opinion. So far the players we've lost were not first teamers and they've been replaced with what look like good signings on what I've seen so far in Bigirama, Anita and Amalfatino. All midfielders is the only concern, which is why I hope there's still more to come. We might end up waiting until we get the players at the price we want though.

The way we deal with europe and the league is also my main concern. I also think we played Spurs at the perfect time, there team will be vastly different form the one that started against us, to the one on deadline day.

They also have a manage who pisses about with his selections alot.  Lets see what happens when the transfer door slams in our face.

Nephu Gimp,

Uncal Eric.

Genuine question - who have we offered 8-figure bids to upfront?

Guest neesy111

Nephu Gimp,

Uncal Eric.

Isn't it common knowledge we pay all transfer fees upfront as a whole?

Nephu Gimp,

Uncal Eric.

Right and we all accept that its better then owing loads of money out for years on end?.

Nephu Gimp,

Uncal Eric.

Not common enough for me. The only 8-figure bid I was aware of was for Carroll - and that was merely an option - subject to the end of a season-long loan. Admittedly, maybe I'm not the keenest follower of our activities(/inactivity) this summer.

Guest Big Al

If AP's comments from todays presser unfold to be true, i.e. nobody comes till 11pm on Friday, it'll be a p*ss take on all NUFC fans:

- second half of last season the mantra was that we'll signifficantly stregthen in the summer if we qualify for Europe

- in June, we were targeting a close pal of Cabaye, a goal-scoring CB, all in all no less than 4-5 quality signings

- then all of a sudden, the targets became 2 to 3, if 'they offer enough value', a bid for AC was made, showing some intent to the fans that the club will actively seek for reinforcements

- in August, the new song was 1, maybe 2 newbies

- 3 days before the window shuts, the incomings all of a sudden become unlikely, because - quelle surprise - the targeted players appeared to be settled at their clubs(!?)

So what's the obvious conclusion - AP has constantly mislead us, time and time again. They are taking us as complete mugs...

Also, Arsenal have sold all their goals so are even more catchable this season...

Spurs have also lost their best player, in case that matters.

They're replacing him as we speak.

If you mean Dembele, that remains to be seen. He's thought of as a great player at the moment, but he's still a downgrade on Modric and a very different player.

If AP's comments from todays presser unfold to be true, i.e. nobody comes till 11pm on Friday, it'll be a p*ss take on all NUFC fans:

- second half of last season the mantra was that we'll signifficantly stregthen in the summer if we qualify for Europe

- in June, we were targeting a close pal of Cabaye, a goal-scoring CB, all in all no less than 4-5 quality signings

- then all of a sudden, the targets became 2 to 3, if 'they offer enough value', a bid for AC was made, showing some intent to the fans that the club will actively seek for reinforcements

- in August, the new song was 1, maybe 2 newbies

- 3 days before the window shuts, the incomings all of a sudden become unlikely, because - quelle surprise - the targeted players appeared to be settled at their clubs(!?)

So what's the obvious conclusion - AP has constantly mislead us, time and time again. They are taking us as complete mugs...

Isn't most of that just us fans realigning our expectations because we're running out of time?