Chelsea 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 25/08/12 - post-fart reaction from page 35

Dave

i am fully with Wullie here,  some serious over reaction,  we didn't play that bad.  Some of the criticism is way over the top,  we lost to the champions of Europe on their own patch to a pen after a daft rash tackle and then to a worldie when the £50m played and 1-2 with the £32m player.  Apart from that we were pretty solid and they never really got behind us and over worked our defence or keeper.  Yes i'll agree we could have been better up front we still created chances and Ba missed a sitter (twice in one move). 

Its been a tough start playing 2 of the best teams in the league,  if we were sitting here unbeaten now after 2 games after getting 2 draws people would be saying we have had a good start.  That good start would have us 2 points but we have 3.  The next week and 2 games are massive, get a couple of players in and get past the Greeks and then turn Villa over and then the season starts properly as far as i'm concerened

Guest Howaythetoon

The bad points from this game as I see it...

1 - 4-4-2

2 - Sluggish/off the pace/slow/unfit whatever you want to call it type of all-round performance as a team and as individuals with some of our players

3 - Cisse and Ba's partnership

4 - Lack of tempo/urgency/we seemed to accept defeat early doors (could be linked to point 2)

5 - Poor set-pieces

6 - Playing Cabaye deep and Anita advanced/should be the other way around

Those things worry me or would worry me whether we were playing Brazil or fucking Gateshead, were at the start of the season or at the end, or even if we were playing a friendly.

I'm not worried about the result or defeat really. Chelsea are a strong side, at home and in good form.

All those points I have made however, have in ways, contributed to our defeat. In short I believe we have a good team and could have acheieved a result here.

Chelsea won and were comfortable but they were no great shakes to be honest.

4-4-2 4-3 -3 2-5-3  all bollocks man, we do't stick to rigid systems and play 2 or 3 different sysytems in the same game to suit the opposition. You can't play the same system against everyone.

i wouldn't say we played 442 today, Hatem was virtually given a free role and went where he wanted most of the game with the understanding to drop back into "position" when we didn't have the ball.

1. Against Man Utd we have the players for 4-4-2

2. Against Chelsea the two goals were not system based, 1st goal was Santon running down the wing and putting in a pass for Cisse and the 2nd goal came from a Shola flick on from a throw in.

3. We have never used 4-3-3 with our best players against a top 6 side.

It's pretty obvious that 4-4-2 restricts us going forward and quite frankly in 4-3-3 we are solid too.

Who's panicking? So tedious reading people who go on like that. People are disappointed and have some concerns = panicking/craving drama/this is the end. Complete nonsense.

What concerns? That we're not as good as Chelsea on their own patch?

We created a decent amount of chances and didn't give them too many clear cut ones either. On a different day, we could easily have come away with something. What more did you expect?

I can think of 2 chances we created and neither was what you'd call clear-cut. For a team that finished 5th last season that's not good enough. Chelsea have a better team than us, no doubt, but we still have enough in our armoury to cause them a few problems. Sadly we choose to reduce the potency of our own attack but playing a formation that is completely wrong.

To give them a fight.

We created chances, that's a hell of a lot more than better Newcastle teams than this have done on that ground.

2. Against Chelsea the two goals were not system based, 1st goal was Santon running down the wing and putting in a pass for Cisse and the 2nd goal came from a Shola flick on from a throw in.

It's pretty obvious that 4-4-2 restricts us going forward and quite frankly in 4-3-3 we are solid too.

"The two goals were not system based"? Have you heard yourself? :lol:

"The two goals were not system based"? Have you heard yourself? :lol:

Well they wasn't was they? one was from a throw in and one was Santon running down the wing and cutting inside.

Santon does that irrelevant of systems and a throw in has no relevance.

Not the disaster some are making out. Unreal some of our fans like.

Lost 2-0 to Champions League winners, one a clumsy pen the other a class strike. We never got outplayed or battered and we should have scored twice in the second half. Ba's was a sitter imo.

It's easy to get seduced by what happened last season, but this is one of hardest games in the season and we played ok. Look at they money they have spent man compared to us. I'd bet they have spent more in this season than we have the last 4 or 5.

Jacqui Oatley Verified ‏@JacquiOatley

Pardew "If I'd have come here with Tiote fit and my best team we might have got something. Torres made a meal of it for penalty" #NUFC #CFC

8:21 PM - 25 Aug 12

Who else was missing like? ???

Pardew "If I'd have come here with Tiote fit and my best team we might have got something. Torres made a meal of it for penalty" #NUFC #CFC

No one. Bullshit excuses.

Still drinking.

Cabaye is so patently unfit atm I don't need to justify that assessment with a response.

Cisse and Ba not being able to trap a ball and misplacing very easy balls doesn't strike me as a outnumbering issue.

Colo would usually own post-Liverpool Torres imo, certainly not permitting him such ludicrous space ahead of our defence.

Not too dispirited, don't think chelsea were owt special though so the impending media praise will be quite annoying.

Colo looked rusty to me. Would usually own post-Torres

Our last two games have seen our midfield 4 trying to out-play a midfield 5. Believe it or not, that does make a difference.

Shola for his 'impact sub' role.

Shola for his 'impact sub' role.

Aye that's true. :thup:

Still drinking.

Cabaye is so patently unfit atm I don't need to justify that assessment with a response.

Cisse and Ba not being able to trap a ball and misplacing very easy balls doesn't strike me as a outnumbering issue.

Colo would usually own post-Liverpool Torres imo, certainly not permitting him such ludicrous space ahead of our defence.

Not too dispirited, don't think chelsea were owt special though so the impending media praise will be quite annoying.

Colo looked rusty to me. Would usually own post-Torres

Our last two games have seen our midfield 4 trying to out-play a midfield 5. Believe it or not, that does make a difference.

totally, and unless you've got the quality then you are going to be on the wrong end.

Maybe Tiote's injury stopped him from playing what he wanted. If so Ba needs to be sold.

Lost 2-0 to Champions League winners, one a clumsy pen the other a class strike. We never got outplayed or battered and we should have scored twice in the second half. Ba's was a sitter imo.

It's easy to get seduced by what happened last season, but this is one of hardest games in the season and we played ok. Look at they money they have spent man compared to us. I'd bet they have spent more in this season than we have the last 4 or 5.

Since he started there Abramovich has spent 1billion. :lol:

Nothing really though, Pardew often trots lines out about missing players, albeit Tiote was the only major one today.

Thought he should have kept Santon on in that game and took Cabaye off for Marveuax . Santon's got to work on that last pass though.

That's scary shit. Most of it on twats as well.

Guest bimpy474

Included money on the training ground and stadium too though. I think thats what the commentator said.

Now we can have a wonderful discussion about whether ALL the goals we scored in the 433 last season were "system based" or not :lol:

Of course not but it's obvious 4-3-3 suits our better players more, Cabaye and Ben Arfa are in their own half when they get the ball ffs.

Not to mention Cisse isn't even half the player in 4-4-2 ( inb4 Chelsea 2-0).

That's scary s***. Most of it on twats as well.

Included money on the training ground and stadium too though. I think thats what the commentator said.

Ok, fair enough they do cost a lot of cash, but he's still bought a lot of twats though :)

Apparently re-built an identical Stamford Bridge. Who knew. :lol: